PDA

View Full Version : ECR April'22

Gerno
03-14-2022, 08:17 PM
Looks like many have already registered. Heads up that the cost is still discounted right now but it is $100 more than Cresson and going to get more expensive later. If you're thinking to join I'd recommend signing up ASAP

Current attendees
Sam Crumpacker
Michael Mosty
Steven Gernon
Ryan McFall
Anthony Nguyen
Frederic Scott/ Vinny
Joshua Sooknanan
Bryan Leinart
2S328: Team Jordan
Chad Kuboviak (comp school)
Drew Fisher

michaelmosty
03-16-2022, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the reminder Steve, I am looking forward to this event at an awesome track and with a great group of people!!

The racing breaking parts gods were somewhat shining on me at Cresson as my transmission started popping out of 4th gear in the last race with just 2 laps to go. I’m just glad it started then instead of a couple of laps into the ECR weekend!! It looks like I should be good to go with some new synchros and I’ll hopefully get the trans out and apart this weekend.

Hopefully Jerry can also get his rear lower control arm issue fixed before then as well.
Who else is looking to join in on the fun?

ShadowBolt
03-16-2022, 09:31 AM
I signed up but have not even got the car on the lift yet. I hope to make it for the race but no way on Friday practice at almost $300.00!

Jerry

Sook
03-16-2022, 12:22 PM
I have a crack in my left axle tube. Not sure how I'm going to deal with that yet.

Josh

Gerno
03-16-2022, 01:17 PM
Drive slower.....

BryanL
03-17-2022, 09:20 AM
I have a crack in my left axle tube. Not sure how I'm going to deal with that yet.

Josh

If only you knew anyone around you that could weld on a Stang.

I'm signed up.

Sook
03-17-2022, 08:25 PM
Drive slower.....

Can't do it!

fscott
03-20-2022, 09:52 PM
I'm in, and Vinnie Baratta from Spec Miata is going to be co-driving my car. He wants to try CMC.

Mojave
03-22-2022, 03:53 PM
I'm in, and Vinnie Baratta from Spec Miata is going to be co-driving my car. He wants to try CMC.

Vinny in CMC?!? God help us all!

Mojave
03-22-2022, 03:55 PM
Does anyone know if you have to run the Toyo RR for comp school? I've got some R888's I'd prefer to burn up during comp school, but I have a set of RR's ready to go for the actual races. Thanks.

RichardP
03-22-2022, 05:54 PM
Does anyone know if you have to run the Toyo RR for comp school?

Car just has to meet safety rules for comp school. It doesn't have to meet any class rules for any particular class.

Richard P.

Mojave
03-23-2022, 03:30 PM
Car just has to meet safety rules for comp school. It doesn't have to meet any class rules for any particular class.

Richard P.

Perfect, thanks!

fscott
03-25-2022, 08:32 AM
Perfect, thanks!

Have you got your medical paperwork sorted out? If you're required to bring an EKG, be sure that you bring the actual traces, not just the printed report that says that your heart is fine. I learned this the hard way.

Frederic

Mojave
03-29-2022, 02:33 PM
Have you got your medical paperwork sorted out? If you're required to bring an EKG, be sure that you bring the actual traces, not just the printed report that says that your heart is fine. I learned this the hard way.

Frederic

My medical was approved by NASA last week. No EKG required, but thanks for the tip!

I also took the GCR quiz and paid for a race license on NASA's website. Anything else I might be missing?

Crumpacker
03-29-2022, 03:52 PM
Anything else I might be missing?

The customary CMC tribute, a cooler of Keystone, to be paid at the Mosty camp.

fscott
03-29-2022, 04:06 PM

Why don't you just run water in your cooling system like the rest of us?

Mojave
03-29-2022, 04:12 PM

Keystone? Cheap crowd...

Dumb question: do I need to have a R to stick next to the class name on the car? Is that provided at comp school?

Sook
03-29-2022, 04:52 PM
Keystone? Cheap crowd...

Dumb question: do I need to have a R to stick next to the class name on the car? Is that provided at comp school?

You will need it, and I think the orange plate/square is still a requirement as well.

Josh

Mojave
03-29-2022, 06:04 PM
You will need it, and I think the orange plate/square is still a requirement as well.

Josh

Noted, thanks.

Sook
04-07-2022, 07:25 PM
Bad news, hit a road block getting the axle put back together and am not able to make ECR... Have a great weekend guys, I'll see you at Hallett.

Josh

Adam Ginsberg
04-07-2022, 09:14 PM

Are you guys still doing the signed, hand me down orange rookie plate?

Supercharged111
04-07-2022, 10:36 PM
Are you guys still doing the signed, hand me down orange rookie plate?

I'm curious as well, since the Rocky Mountain Region still does this. Unless there was just the 1 plate and now it's here? The sigs are in my trailer right now and I do have a rookie to hand it off to.

Mojave
04-08-2022, 05:20 AM
There is a rookie plate? I made a giant rookie orange decal.

michaelmosty
04-08-2022, 07:06 AM
Darn, I had forgotten about the rookie plate and haven’t seen the TX one in quite some time.

It started as just an old license plate that was painted neon orange. Whenever a rookie used it he would sign the back and then pass it on to the next rookie that joined the series.