PDA

View Full Version : Thread Lock Down Criteria?

Mike Bell
11-08-2006, 02:32 PM
I just want to make sure I understand the why of thread lockdowns on here. Bad taste? We cross an unwritten line in there? (I for one think it was the shaved cat balls but that's my personal opinion.)

Way off topic? Hell, you'd have to lock down 99% of the threads on here if that's your criteria!

I've been disenfranchised AND locked out - all in one day!!

mitchntx
11-08-2006, 04:16 PM
http://dreamlife.wordpress.com/files/2006/07/homey-d-clown.jpg

"Just anudder zample of da man tryin' to keep me down."

Mike, trust me ... it's not the end of the world to have a thread locked down. It's just the internet ...

cjlmlml
11-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Here is our guide for locking down a thread.

Risk Assessment Policy

1.0 Purpose

To allow Network Support Services or designated security officer to perform periodic information security network risk assessments (RAs) for the purpose of determining areas of vulnerability, and to initiate appropriate remediation.

2.0 Scope

Risk assessments can be conducted on any entity within AICMC TEXAS.com or any outside entity that has signed a Third Party Agreement with AICMC TEXAS.com. RAs can be conducted on any information system, to include applications, servers, and networks, and any process or procedure by which these systems are administered and/or maintained.

3.0 Policy

The execution, development and implementation of remediation programs is the joint responsibility of Network Support Services, the Information Security Officer and the department responsible for the systems area being assessed. Employees are expected to cooperate fully with any RA being conducted on systems for which they are held accountable. Employees are further expected to work with the Risk Assessment Team in the development of a remediation plan.

4.0 Risk Assessment Process

For additional information, contact Network Support Services or the Information Security Officer.

5.0 Enforcement

Anyone found to have violated this Policy may have their network access privileges temporarily or permanently revoked.

6.0 Definitions

Terms Definitions

Entity Any business unit, department, group, or third party, internal or external to Appalachian State University, responsible for maintaining AICMC TEXAS.com assets.

Risk Those factors that could affect confidentiality, availability, and integrity ofAICMC TEXAS.com's key information assets and systems. The Risk Assessment Team is responsible for ensuring the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of critical information and computing assets on Appalachian networks, while minimizing the impact of security procedures and policies upon business or educational missions.

Tex89
11-08-2006, 05:25 PM
Thats a bunch of mumbo jumbo. :?

GlennCMC70
11-08-2006, 05:51 PM
it probably requires a specific number of PM's to a person who can lock the thread.

mitchntx
11-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Have I been remediated?

donovan
11-08-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm just glad I made an impression on Matt...

"...Donovan would likely kick both of our butts!"

Todd Covini
11-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Criteria for lockdowns? Very valid question.

Any time a thread is starting to look like a highschool brawl in the courtyard and one or two people are starting to get beat up pretty bad, while the rest of the group starts pig-piling on, taking sides and making wagers, is when we'll step in to break it up...regardless of who's right or wrong or what the issue ever was.

Texas AI/CMC is a pretty broad group of racers and we want to keep 'em coming in from all walks of life. All of us are at various stages of our life...from youngins...to 40yr olds...to geezers. I will go out of my way to retain neutrality so that EVERYONE who visits this forum or races with us NEVER dreads interaction with someone else...internet or trackside...so that the GROUP can thrive, as a group.

So...let's try to keep it lighthearted. Respect others for who/where they are in their stage in life (rookie, veteran, champion, loser, male, female, teenager, retiree, married, divorced, etc. etc)...and let's have FUN!!!

(If poor taste and cat pictures were the criteria for lockdowns then this forum might as well be labeled "under construction"...because no-one would be able to post!!! hahahaha)

-=- Todd

Mike Bell
11-10-2006, 07:45 AM
Todd,

I respect your efforts to keep the group together and the FUN in AI/CMC. Shepherding this group has got to be taxing at times. In the future I'll try and demonstrate more support for those efforts and the leadership team.

I fight authority, authority always wins................

Mike Bell
12-05-2006, 06:44 AM
Nice, can you tell me what part of your guidelines above the "40 minute races in 2007" thread violated??? Locked down again.

jeffburch
12-05-2006, 07:34 AM
Some prefer the red.
I prefer Permatex blue for everyday thread locking.
Have you tried the new sticks?
I'm looking forward to a roll-on.
jb

Mike Bell
12-05-2006, 07:43 AM
It all has the same effect, right? Keep the nuts from getting loose and causing problems? Guess I need a few drops applied...

mitchntx
12-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Damn JB ... you crack me up ....

AI#97
12-05-2006, 10:51 AM
It all has the same effect, right? Keep the nuts from getting loose and causing problems? Guess I need a few drops applied...

What's funny is that I wasn't even in that thread!!!! :lol:

Todd Covini
12-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Nice, can you tell me what part of your guidelines above the "40 minute races in 2007" thread violated??? Locked down again.

ehhhh....no guidelines violated in that one. Just way, way off topic and 12 pages of rants about multiple topics. Not sure if it was the # of different topics contained, or the sheer length of the thread, but it really got to the point of enough is enough.

Anyone know how to split threads so we take out/move all the irrelevant topic stuff? If so, we can unlock it if you think there's merit to more discussion on THE TOPIC. I'm flexible. 8)

-=- T

Mike Bell
12-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Todd, I'm pretty certain you and I already disagree on what you would call "relevant" stuff vs. what you'd throw away so a thread split is probably not the answer either.