PDA

View Full Version : Prep for 2023 race season

michaelmosty
12-11-2022, 05:45 PM
Please make sure you have your NASA membership renewed, comp license renewed, and your medical is current.
The onboard Fire System requirement will be in place for the 2023 season.
https://nasaspeed.news/columns/nasa-news/nasa-announces-grace-period-for-ccr-fire-system-requirement/

Double check your car safety gear (window net, belts, seat back brace, roll bar padding, fire extinguisher / system, etc) as well as personal gear (Helmet, head sock, suit, gloves, socks, HANS - or equivalent) before you get to the track. You will need a SA2015 or SA2020 helmet to pass annual inspection.

Everyone please double-check these items ASAP so there are no surprises leading up to the first event next year which is just 7 weeks away.

Sook
12-12-2022, 12:50 PM
Physical as required, and dyno as well.

Josh

BryanL
12-15-2022, 02:23 PM
Also be aware of the "Discount" available for signing up over the next few weeks for an event in 11 months. After 1/10 the entry goes up $50? Which raises the price to $600 for ECR. I'm not in favor of it especially due to the explanation of wanting to make plans to have TV crews or something for sponsors. There aren't any sponsors looking to get in front of the awesome crowds CMC brings to an event. Plus the new owners desire to go to a three race format and do away with Sunday qualifying so we can sleep in and get home early. Effectively providing less track time for more money.

An owner can do what they want. For the same reason they want to make plans for the whole year as the customer I don't know my schedule 11.5 months from now or if Gernon wrecks my car and I can't make it.

Also, doesn't make sense that Cresson is $475/525 in the spring and $525/575 in the fall . Yet Hallett is $550/600 even more which I thought was the cheapest to rent since they have such good revenue from everything else they offer.

I'll be emailing Marie after looking into this.

Supercharged111
12-19-2022, 07:25 PM
Our fees went up as well, gotta wonder if the price to play hasn't gone up across the board for us all and it's just being passed on.

Pranav
12-20-2022, 04:01 PM
Having the gentle but firm discussion with everyone that they need to stay the f*** off my weekend calendar till Feb, preferably Apr so I can start racing again.

Gonna be tight into the January, but I'm going for all in-region events this year. I rolled my 2021 COTA credit over into MSRC and MSRH and will probably just bite the bullet and register through Hallett.

Marie has been great to work with so far and I'm optimistic about NASA Texas for 2023.

Also someone buy my dang roller already.

Pranav
01-04-2023, 12:45 AM
Having the gentle but firm discussion with everyone that they need to stay the f*** off my weekend calendar till Feb, preferably Apr so I can start racing again.

Gonna be tight into the January, but I'm going for all in-region events this year. I rolled my 2021 COTA credit over into MSRC and MSRH and will probably just bite the bullet and register through Hallett.

Marie has been great to work with so far and I'm optimistic about NASA Texas for 2023.

Also someone buy my dang roller already.

Tires, Fire System, and other parts on the way.

Wrapping up getting the garage halfway setup enough to work easily out of.

Just going to get no sleep rest of this month trying to juggle work and getting the car ready. Wish me luck.

Sook
01-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Tires

Uhg.

Pranav
01-05-2023, 03:10 PM
I put my order for tires in on the 3rd, do they take a while? Lol

I need to fake a medical emergency to get out of work rest of the month

Sook
01-05-2023, 05:24 PM
I put my order for tires in on the 3rd, do they take a while? Lol

I need to fake a medical emergency to get out of work rest of the month

I think they're available. The cost seems to get a little higher every time I buy. Ordered from PTS on the 4th.

64GunPilot
01-07-2023, 11:24 PM
Fire Suppression: I bought the Lifeline Fire Zero 2000 kit because it was specifically named in last years CCR as authorized (and was cheapest). However, this years verbiage is different....and none of those "named" systems are no longer mentioned and most/all of them arent SFI/FIA certified. I think I was out of the loop on this verbiage detail or maybe is misread or misunderstood. Luckily I haven't installed it so I can return it. But getting a new SFI/FIA certified system in and installed before season opener could be tight. I am probably the only bonehead that made this mistake. Just sharing the blunder.

EDIT:
Further researching......My system I mentioned above is listed on FIA Technical List 16 but does not have an FIA decal. Its the very first one on the long list of FIA certified systems. Am I gonna fail tech because it doesn't have a decal?

michaelmosty
01-08-2023, 10:10 AM
Not sure on that Dylan but let me get 100% clarification. Yours is the same system that I bought last year also and just started installing it yesterday. Stand by.

michaelmosty
01-08-2023, 10:29 AM
Dylan, I just looked up my invoice and I got the Lifeline Zero 2000 FIA 4 Liter Steel Manual System for $399.
Next time I’m at the shop I’ll confirm that info is on the bottle.

Sook
01-08-2023, 01:16 PM
Hm... my system is a few years old and I don't think I've ever seen a sticker on it. I'll have to look again later today.

michaelmosty
01-08-2023, 01:46 PM
Current MSRH entry list so far:

CMC
Shawn Bryan - Camaro
Josh Sooknanan - Mustang
Pranav Patel - Camaro
Todd Spickard - Mustang
Michael Mosty - Mustang

The event is in 3 weekends from now, who else is planning to register?

64GunPilot
01-08-2023, 06:58 PM
Dylan, I just looked up my invoice and I got the Lifeline Zero 2000 FIA 4 Liter Steel Manual System for $399.
Next time I’m at the shop I’ll confirm that info is on the bottle.

Michael, does yours have an FIA decal on it? My Zero 2000 is the 2.25 liter system sold for $275 and has the minimum 2 nozzles. If my cheapo system isnt gonna cut the cheese, then I need to get something on order by tomorrow.

64GunPilot
01-09-2023, 03:34 PM
Michael, does yours have an FIA decal on it? My Zero 2000 is the 2.25 liter system sold for $275 and has the minimum 2 nozzles. If my cheapo system isnt gonna cut the cheese, then I need to get something on order by tomorrow.

Good news: Called Lifeline USA and the manager who seemed very knowledgable said the Zero 2000 2.25 & 4 Liter systems are both FIA homogulated. He said the only decal on these systems is the one stating the details (weight, size, pressure, Date of Service). He also said recertification/service on the 2.25lt bottle is $95 and there are places in Texas that can do it. Hope this helps.

Fbody383
01-09-2023, 04:27 PM
Current MSRH entry list so far...

I won't be in car but may be helping some ride-alongs with DE solos, or following the RD around, or...

64GunPilot
01-10-2023, 09:13 PM
Car numbers: I had to change mine because someone already has it (apparently a longtime NASA racer before me). I just ordered my new vinyl decal number kit. I'll now be #64 I guess.

Pranav
01-11-2023, 01:28 PM
I talked to Marie and will be 51x until I get a hold of the spec Miata guy holding it

I think he runs more scca than NASA and will see if he'd take 51x

babablackgoat
01-16-2023, 02:04 PM
I just signed up for HPDE 3 so I will be present. Maybe go real racing with y'all later this year. Maybe. Hoping to stick with car #30 but any number is fine.

Sook
01-17-2023, 07:54 PM
I just signed up for HPDE 3 so I will be present. Maybe go real racing with y'all later this year. Maybe. Hoping to stick with car #30 but any number is fine.

Do you have a passenger seat setup? Happy to jump in for a session.

Josh

babablackgoat
01-21-2023, 11:42 AM
Do you have a passenger seat setup? Happy to jump in for a session.

Josh

Greatly appreciate the offer but no my car does not have a passenger seat. The fuse box is there so not easy to put one in.

Due to this and other reasons I think a different CMC car might be better for me. In a perfect world, the car would have less custom mods, a passenger seat, and an aluminum trailer with a toolbox and tire rack.

Pranav
01-21-2023, 12:13 PM
Absolutely kills me but I'm gonna have to push back to Cresson.

Despite spending the holidays getting re organized and all setup in the new garage, I'm just moving too slowly on the car and can't get away from work enough to move faster.

Today I'm rebuilding my exhaust from scratch when I should have finished that last week.

I'm probably gonna have the car on the dyno this Friday and another week or so work it's ready to at least pass tech. Going to do the TDE event here the weekend after NASA then continue cleaning up a bunch of other issues and stuff that will make things easier to run.

64GunPilot
01-21-2023, 01:48 PM
Absolutely kills me but I'm gonna have to push back to Cresson.

Despite spending the holidays getting re organized and all setup in the new garage, I'm just moving too slowly on the car and can't get away from work enough to move faster.

Today I'm rebuilding my exhaust from scratch when I should have finished that last week.

I'm probably gonna have the car on the dyno this Friday and another week or so work it's ready to at least pass tech. Going to do the TDE event here the weekend after NASA then continue cleaning up a bunch of other issues and stuff that will make things easier to run.

I know that feeling very well.

FYI, It is showing rain showers Saturday and T-storms Sunday. Hope it changes for the better.

64GunPilot
01-23-2023, 01:10 PM
I know that feeling very well.

FYI, It is showing rain showers Saturday and T-storms Sunday. Hope it changes for the better.

Pranav, IDK if the cancellation policy with Marie is new compared to before but you need to cancel soon. I still see your name on the entry list.

"HPDE/Time Trial/Racing:

Registration Fees are fully refundable, less a $50 processing fee, with at least 5 days notice prior to the start of the event. (Monday prior to the event at 11:59 PM). If within 5 days of the event, no refunds or credits will be available. If you choose to select an event credit vs. a refund you will not endure the $50 processing fee but you are still required to give 5 days notice."

Pranav
01-23-2023, 04:00 PM
Yep!

I emailed her on Saturday and she got back to me today, I'm registered for Cresson and ecr now

Pranav
01-23-2023, 04:01 PM
All the more reason for me to push, got the car tore apart and any one issue could have killed my entry

michaelmosty
01-23-2023, 05:16 PM
We are going to miss you Pranav but glad to hear about Cresson and ECR!! I hope the shakedown run next weekend goes great!!

64GunPilot
01-24-2023, 04:45 PM
Im sorry but I have to back out on this one. Hate to last second but my grandmother fell terminally ill all of the sudden. I'll be in Fort Worth. See you guys at Cresson.

Sook
01-24-2023, 11:55 PM
Im sorry but I have to back out on this one. Hate to last second but my grandmother fell terminally ill all of the sudden. I'll be in Fort Worth. See you guys at Cresson.

Sorry to hear that dude,

Josh

michaelmosty
01-25-2023, 07:12 PM
So sorry to hear that Dylan, we’ll be thinking about y’all.

babablackgoat
01-27-2023, 04:41 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother, Dylan. Next time.

64GunPilot
02-14-2023, 01:43 PM
Also be aware of the "Discount" available for signing up over the next few weeks for an event in 11 months. After 1/10 the entry goes up $50? Which raises the price to $600 for ECR. I'm not in favor of it especially due to the explanation of wanting to make plans to have TV crews or something for sponsors. There aren't any sponsors looking to get in front of the awesome crowds CMC brings to an event. Plus the new owners desire to go to a three race format and do away with Sunday qualifying so we can sleep in and get home early. Effectively providing less track time for more money.

An owner can do what they want. For the same reason they want to make plans for the whole year as the customer I don't know my schedule 11.5 months from now or if Gernon wrecks my car and I can't make it.

Also, doesn't make sense that Cresson is $475/525 in the spring and $525/575 in the fall . Yet Hallett is $550/600 even more which I thought was the cheapest to rent since they have such good revenue from everything else they offer.

I'll be emailing Marie after looking into this.

I think I'm seeing that it changed back to the original discount schedule. $50 discount prior to 30 days of the event? Am I right?

Sook
02-23-2023, 02:44 PM
I think I'm seeing that it changed back to the original discount schedule. $50 discount prior to 30 days of the event? Am I right?

It did change back to the old discount schedule.

Josh

rleng1
04-03-2023, 11:30 PM
What did you guys decide about the Lifeline zero 2000 fire suppression systems?
We are approaching our first races here in RM, and a lot of us have installed them. Is it passing tech and Hank?
Thanks.

64GunPilot
04-03-2023, 11:52 PM
What did you guys decide about the Lifeline zero 2000 fire suppression systems?
We are approaching our first races here in RM, and a lot of us have installed them. Is it passing tech and Hank?
Thanks.

Yes, mine which is the cheapest two nozzle 2.25litre Lifeline Zero 2000 Passed Hank's inspection. No hassles. Zero 2000 is the 1st one on the list for FIA technical list 16.

rleng1
04-04-2023, 08:09 AM
Thanks Dylan. Ill let the boys know. I have the 4 ltr bottle. Should go well.
Hope to see you at Hallett. There is 3-4 of us coming from RM.