PDA

View Full Version : Left Lane No Pass

CMC17
11-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Can you believe I was accused of being in the left lane without passing? C'mon.. me? Yep, one of DPS's finest thought so this morning otw to work. I guess I look shady too because he questioned the window tint percentage and looked like he didn't believe me when I told him my window tint was 30%. He actually brought a meter up to the passenger side on his second trip from his cruiser. The measurement? 32.1% and he looked miffed.

Once he uttered those wonderful words of "this will be a warning", I could care less about what went on the little piece of paper. But, Left Lane No Pass? roflol!! Ok ok, I will come clean and up to that point where I spotted Mr. DPS, I was passing many cars in the left lane. In the faint morning light I could see the bubbles as I crested a hill and of course nailed the brakes next to another car and paced them. Panic set in and after I was about 1/2 mile ahead of where he was parked, I saw him merge into traffic with no lights (headlights) on. It wasn't difficult after that point to see this black spec get really big in a hurry. No, the thought if "I wonder who he's after" never crossed my mind. lol

I always roll down both windows and he came up to the passenger side first. Poked his head just far enough in view to say "hi there". I always want to ask in return "you lost?", but I doubt if I would score any points to the good.

After a few questions about my tires and brakes, he was off to write the warning. I guess the need to see the registration and proof of insurance wasn't on the agenda. At first he was positive the window tint was illegal and had something on me besides driving "slow" in the "fast" lane, but when the meter read "legal" and I was looking at it too when it read that magical number, he looked bummed. I started to ask technical questions regarding the meter, but decided to put that next to the other "go to jail" ones.

Not the funniest encounter I've had with state troopers, but definitely note worthy because of the reason.

I'm also positive he was a Chevy guy and wanted to pull the Mustang over!! 8)

jeffburch
11-10-2006, 09:13 AM
Tint and front plates are just some of the "reasons" given for stopping a car for no real reason. They are looking for other things.

jb

Mike Bell
11-10-2006, 09:26 AM
FWIW, he had a big rig pulled over and a ton of paperwork was being looked at on the hood of his car when I went by him this morning.

Guess you skated again!

CMC17
11-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Definitely lucky. :D

When I saw him coming up fast, I wanted to give him a point-by.

mitchntx
11-10-2006, 09:40 AM

Or maybe he was acting on a tip from a Chevy guy ... 8)

Waco Racer
11-10-2006, 12:37 PM
I was beginning to wonder if they had a tip on a blue Chevy in Central Texas. DPS has been doing some heavy patrolling in these parts. The end of the year is coming up and apparantly some haven't made their quota.

Rob Liebbe
11-10-2006, 01:45 PM

You know how to do that?!?!?!?

BTW - Riding in the left lane while not passing is illegal in Texas - it is called obstruction of traffic and went into affect a couple of years ago.

Maybe we should give Bell tickets for this at the next event :o :o :o 8)

Mike Bell
11-10-2006, 02:14 PM
Rob: Given the new lockdown criteria I cannot respond to your most recent post properly, but thanks for remembering me in such a positive manner. Your kindness will not be forgotten come next race event. :lol:

Waco Racer
11-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Can I guess which finger Mike will use to "point by"?

Mike Bell
11-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Can I guess which finger Mike will use to "point by"?

My "point by" days are over, unless you let those big meanie Group 8 cars back into our run group! :lol:

Waco Racer
11-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Well, if what I am being told is true, you won't have to worry about those bullies any more.

Oh, to stay on topic, I think EV is up to no good as well. Just ask Nick about tinting on windows.

CMC17
11-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Well, if what I am being told is true, you won't have to worry about those bullies any more.

Oh, to stay on topic, I think EV is up to no good as well. Just ask Nick about tinting on windows.

Great news, Clifton!!!

I'm always up to no good. lol

CMC17
11-10-2006, 04:48 PM

You know how to do that?!?!?!?

BTW - Riding in the left lane while not passing is illegal in Texas - it is called obstruction of traffic and went into affect a couple of years ago.

Maybe we should give Bell tickets for this at the next event :o :o :o 8)

The LHoS (Left Hand of Shame) won't be coming out except on inverted starts for those AI/AIX guys. lol

I'm really quite vocal on the highway when there are those doing 55 in a 70 that refuse to get over. I will take a warning and a bogus write-up over a ticket any day. lol

I think the days of seeing Mr. Bell with his left hand out are over from info gathered from reliable sources!!

CMC17
11-10-2006, 04:49 PM

Or maybe he was acting on a tip from a Chevy guy ... 8)

hmmm.. you wuddunt.. wud you? 8)

mitchntx
11-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Pontiac! I drive a PONTIAC!!!!

David Love, drives a Chevy, though ....

CMC17
11-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Pontiac! I drive a PONTIAC!!!!

David Love, drives a Chevy, though ....

I get 'em confused.. you know.. pontiac, chevy, yugo.. they all are the same to me. :D

gt40
11-10-2006, 11:57 PM
you know.. pontiac, chevy...They're different?

mitchntx
11-11-2006, 06:15 AM
you know.. pontiac, chevy, yugo.. they all are the same to me. :D

Ford, Mercury, Fiesta ... I see yer point. :lol: