PDA

View Full Version : Coolest Moments from the Texas 2006 Region

Mike Bell
11-17-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm thinking back on 2006 and all that happened and some cool moments come to mind, post up your nominations in this thread. I'll keep mine to CMC but I can already think of some great ones for AI also.

1.) Michael Mosty putting it on the pole at MSRH
2.) Burch's hood flying off at MSRH, the group getting together to fix him up
3.) Team Warhorse coming back from the TWS flip, awesome story there.

marshall_mosty
11-17-2006, 08:16 AM
4.) Sizeable group of "mechanics" swarming over DD's car Saturday night during the October MSR-H event in a thrash to get him back on the track.

5.) Numerous tranny swaps during the season and those who pulled together to help.

6.) The amount of spares that changed hands to keep fellow racers on the track... "mi casa es su casa" mentality. :D

jeffburch
11-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Rob't King & Rob't Boudreaux loaning cars to eventual
champions.

jb

Also, the VERY expensive practice/troublshoot day in the rain @M.O.
THANKS BOUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, new pads/rotors on a unfamiliar track with a bad vibration in the rain. Fun fun!

Mike Bell
11-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Good stuff so far guys. I have to admit I held one back, but shouldn't have:

Coming off the track at MSRC to be handed a large cup of fresh homemade ice cream from Beverly. That was literally the "coolest" moment at the track I've had - period. :D :D :D

mitchntx
11-17-2006, 09:17 AM
5) Seeing my good friend James get his car together and get it on the track

4) That Mosty kid doing his superman impression at Hallett and the packaging Eric did of the video clips

3) Watching the Texas contingent sift through the field and dominate the top 10 at Nationals

2) V, Bev, and all the countless others that were there for the GROUP

and my #1 moment of the season ...

sharing my ride with a very good friend, Chris Burton, at Hallett and seeing him do so well.

gt40
11-17-2006, 10:02 AM
Best personal moments from 2006:

1 - Watching Chris Marvel drive my under-powered, understeering pig to a poduim finish at MSR-C.

2 - Sharing a garage with Michael Mosty at Hallett.

3 - Working as a race official at Nationals.

CMC17
11-17-2006, 10:04 AM
1. When Adam let me borrow a wheel after one of mine cracked while running at MSR-H earlier in the year.

2. The Oct MSR-H Saturday night video session on the side of Mike's trailer out in the open air with the stars shining brightly overhead. Good time!

3. The support from all competitors when someone was in need (very broad statement, but it held true throughout the year)

4. Kudos to Holly Donovan (and others that were involved) for handing out medals and taking pictures

5. Big thanks to those that walked around while cars were on-grid checking hood-pins

michaelmosty
11-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Here is a short list:
1) "attempting" my first pass ever in a race @MSRH on Mike Bell going into 3 only to instantly snap the car around and into the grass at T4

2) the "fire-show" from Morgan's car during the night race at MSRH

3) standing starts, standing starts, and standing starts

4) Hallett flight and TWS tire damage :cry:

5) awesome racing w/ Nick @ TWS during R2 (I won) and R4 (he won)

6) seeing the TX crew kick ass across the board at Nationals!!!!!

Awesome year!! :D

AllZWay
11-17-2006, 02:56 PM
5) Seeing my good friend James get his car together and get it on the track

Awe shucks... I made someone's list....but it would have to make my top list too. :D

BTW... Many thanks to Mitch and Glenn in the build of my car. While they technically only built the cage....their email, phone and internet message board support practically built it with just me providing the labor. Muchas Gracias!!

Also, since I didn't get to participate much, my next biggest memory of the 2006 has got to be Erics video of Michaels brake failure at Hallett and Michaels awesome job of avoiding what could have been a disasterous crash. :shock:

AI#97
11-17-2006, 04:25 PM
How about the first 40 minute race this year?! That was a pretty good highlight and great practice for our nationals competitors!

donovan
11-17-2006, 05:14 PM
1. The sad end to my 46 straight races at Round 7… and my first race as a spectator!

2. The 20+ people that helped get me back on track for Round 7, Jeff Brooks brought some parts to my house on Thursday, Corey R. help for numerous hours Friday and just about everyone stopped by to help out at the track Saturday.
--- Special thanks to Marshall M, Todd C, Corey R, Jeff B, John G. and Daron B.

3. Running 4th in a race at TWS, only to pass Chris Marvel, Chris Lyons and David Irwin all in one lap with three laps to go, and then winning the race!

4. The AI-CMC group helping me change my tranny at MSRH.

5. The AI-CMC group helping me change my tranny at TWS.

6. After all the help for Round 7, getting back on track and blowing up another tranny... I see a trend here...

macstang
11-17-2006, 06:55 PM
The very cool end of a nightmare weekend in Texas. (TWS)

After bending a race car, and crashing my explorer during the tow home:

To Mrs. Covini for all the help with keeping my kids while I was trying to fix the explorer.

Todd Covini for the house, ride, food, help, moral support and motivation etc.....

Rob Liebbe for the air conditioned garage with lift and air tools in order to fix my explorer on a 100 degree day, and for the awesome price connection for the explorer parts.

David love, for calling around parts houses, and offering any help he could provide.

These were cool moments.

Rob Liebbe
11-17-2006, 10:25 PM
A)Helping Team Warhorse was definitely cool - a win-win situation!

B) Beating Corey by a fender at TWS to get a second place - very close racing there - and both being so excited about the whole deal.

C) Sticker Drama was fun

D) Just being there with the gang.

E) Seeing Glenn pass me in the grass with his wheels locked :shock: :shock: and having the presence of mind to avoid him at MSRH-October :lol: :lol: .

F) Shedding the junkyard dog paint job.

Todd Covini
11-17-2006, 11:39 PM
This was my coolest racing moment of the Nationals.

Friday's qualifying race...Watching 3 cars bump & rub each other and pass them all on the front straight after getting a good run! Watch the mirror...one minute I'm 2 cars back....the next I'm 2 cars ahead! Presto...Chango!!! 8)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4773073722286624720&hl=en

-=- Todd

Mike Bell
11-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Great video Todd. Looks like Adam had his hands full and you timed that pass just right! Bold Moves.............lol.

Boudy
11-22-2006, 01:30 AM
I met allot of new and great people in my few events with this group. Everyone is more than willing to step up and help the fellow competitor. Sure, we cuss, fuss, bitch, call names, and just get old fashioned mad. But then it's on to the next event. "What are families for?"

I guess what most sticks out for me is my love/hate for Mid-O. It was exciting, emotional, and the most enjoyable event I can ever remember. And on the otherhand, it was cold, wet, and just plain exhausting. Can't wait to go back!!! :D :D

Boudy

oz98cobra
11-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Many of mine are already on others lists. but a few that come to mind are:

Having a great team mate who truly made me feel part of a team!

Having to start at the back after missing the weigh in at MSRH, was not a highlight - but carving through the field to finish second definately was... and so was doing it all over again next day for 3rd!

Playing with Mike "Late Brake" Bell at MSRH, and my last lap pass on Nick at the Bus Stop.

Partying at Hallett on the Saturday night - in particular riding around the track in the back of Jeff's truck at sunset and Boudy's infamous Rita machine!

At Hallett, feeling the car rock from the wind as Michael Mosty rocketed past just a hair's breadth away at Stop sign on his way to a new CMC flight record!

micah
11-23-2006, 09:31 PM
sky,ground,sky,ground,sky,ground,sky,ground,sky,gr ound. First thought after exit [ jerry is gonna be pissed ]. All the help from texas racers getting the car on the trailor. Jerry's wreck on the way home after we got shot at ten minutes before. The Covini familys hospitality. Rob's help with parts and equipment. I'm hoping for a rather dull not so exciting season next year.

Rob Liebbe
11-25-2006, 09:39 PM
sky,ground,sky,ground,sky,ground,sky,ground,sky,gr ound.

Sorry, but I couldn't help laughing at that one.