PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Nationals part of Texas Championship Points???

Todd Covini
11-24-2006, 12:35 PM
With our 2007 race season at 6 events for 2007 (vs. the 7 we had this year).

AND....

With the discussions of possibly going to 3 races per weekend and or 40 Min. races...

What do you think about having the Nationals as a TX points race weekend???

Can't make the drive to Mid-Ohio? no problem...you can drop those races. That will give us 7 events and plenty of races to have our usual 20% drops. Let me know your thoughts.

(FWIW...I'm against "double points" anything. A race is a race is a race regardless of it's 20-30-40 minutes.)

Todd

Mike Bell
11-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Todd,

I vote against this proposal. Going to Nationals is such an expensive and time-comsuming proposition that many can't even consider it. Use that as your drops and you have little to stand on in the regional points racing if you have a mechanical issue at a race weekend.

As far as the "double points" that one I leave to the smarter folks in the room to debate/decide.

GlennCMC70
11-24-2006, 12:54 PM
i vote no. i'm planning on going to Nats, but i still vote no.

AI#97
11-24-2006, 01:20 PM
With our 2007 race season at 6 events for 2007 (vs. the 7 we had this year).

AND....

With the discussions of possibly going to 3 races per weekend and or 40 Min. races...

What do you think about having the Nationals as a TX points race weekend???

Can't make the drive to Mid-Ohio? no problem...you can drop those races. That will give us 7 events and plenty of races to have our usual 20% drops. Let me know your thoughts.

(FWIW...I'm against "double points" anything. A race is a race is a race regardless of it's 20-30-40 minutes.)

Todd

Todd, whatever you are smoking needs to be shared...unless it's ass crack and you can keep that for yourself. :lol:

I would rather see you try and bring another weekend back into the schedule...

jeffburch
11-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Naaa.

I think since the regional organization leaves SOOooo mush to be desired there should be a National Pro Series (in addition to all the regional stuff).
8 to 10 races around the country supporting other big pro stuff.
If ASA SuperTrucks and AMA SuperMoto can sell their shit to VersusTV and the like we have a gold mine in AI/CMC.

Keep regional as is but EXPAND the National stuff. Don't copy scca crap.
Copy SCCA PRO racing or Grand Am.

NASA Pro Series.
Get the national sponsors, create the series, hire a video production company and buy the TV time

jb

Boudy
11-24-2006, 10:21 PM
I agree, counting the Nationals would really toss things out of kilter for those who can't make it. It would force drops just because a guy can't afford to make the Nationals.

A NASA-PRO series, on the other hand, sounds really cool. Sounds like a plan JB, need some funding?

Boudy

gt40
11-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Initially, I was against awarding Texas Region points at the nationals event, but I'm going switch and say that yes, I think points should be awarded. My reasoning is like this:

1 - Awarding points would give the folks that go a significant advantage over those that do not.
2 - I'd like to see more Texas competitors at nationals. (And yes, I'm being somewhat hypocritical, knowing that I won't be racing at Nationals.) Awarding points would be more incentive to go.
3 - Nationals would be a significant effort for each team, and they sould receive a significant reward.

So my vote is in favor of awarding points.

donovan
11-25-2006, 08:14 PM
No

y5e06
11-27-2006, 10:36 AM
I also vote "No"

michaelmosty
11-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Nope.

oz98cobra
11-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Another NO here also!

And BTW, with only 6 regional rounds next year, if the number of races per month are reduced to just 3 per round, why on earth am I wasting my time and money building a car to go racing with NASA? :roll:

bossskip302
11-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Scott and I
Nope

Boudy...I sent you a lead on selling a full radio system...making sure you got it

Skip

NASA13
11-29-2006, 11:26 AM
I have to use all my drops for the 75 races in Houston next year.
No to Nats counting

AllZWay
11-29-2006, 11:32 AM
I have to use all my drops for the 75 races in Houston next year.

:lol: That cracked me up.

If I really had a vote... I would vote no too.

GlennCMC70
11-29-2006, 12:25 PM
so, what, like 1 yes so far?
nice idea there Covini. :wink:

spend your time working to get the CMC guys the rules. 2 months out from our first event and no rules. :evil:

Todd Covini
11-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Hey...it was a long shot, but I had to put it out there. :roll:

Throw me a bone, here guys...and jump aboard my train of thought:

There are those who want to drop some races.
There are those who want to NOT drop races.
There are those who want more races in a season.
There are those who want less races in a season.
There are those who want to go to Nationals.
There are those who can't go to Nationals.
(There are those who want all of us to go to Nationals!)
There are those who want 4 races per weekend.
There are those who want 3 races per weekend.

With our 2007 season going from 7 events down to 6 and the POSSIBILITY of going from 4 races per weekend down to 3..., I thought making the Nationals part of the Texas Championship Season was a way to satisfy most everyone above, keep things near the level we were accustomed to and not necessarily hinder too many people.

Remember...not dropping any races is nearly the same as counting Nationals as a points weekend.

Just a thought...I'm not wedded to the idea.
Let me know if you reconsider, but if the same response rings true, we'll nix the idea at the Banquet in January.

-=- Todd

GlennCMC70
11-30-2006, 12:08 AM
i think the big issue is cost. it cost far more to go to Nats than to a regional event. that and the time required is huge. i took 7 dyas off from work and had to fly my wife and my 2 kids to her mom's for 14 days because i took the only daily driver we have. that trip cost well over $4K. thats what what most of the regional season costs.
worst case we have 18 regional races that gives 4 drops. or 18 regional races w/ 3 National races (21) that gives 4 drops.
best case we have 24 regional races w/ 5 drops. or 24 regional races and 3 National races (27) that gives 5 drops.

including the Nationals will not change the number of drops (due to rounding to the nearest whole number), but will require alot more money to be eligable for the Championship. that would be the diffence of earning it, and buying it. ya know, if they had made Hallett a double points race weekend to ensure a big turnout, we would still be racing @ Hallett. your trying to do the same thing. i would like to see EVERY NASA racer @ Nationals this year. i know its not possible. making it part of a regional points event will also keep them from being able to take a regional Championship.

correct my math if its wrong.
yes Matt, i'm sure i mis-spelled a word or two.

AI#97
11-30-2006, 10:45 AM
i think the big issue is cost. it cost far more to go to Nats than to a regional event. that and the time required is huge. i took 7 dyas off from work and had to fly my wife and my 2 kids to her mom's for 14 days because i took the only daily driver we have. that trip cost well over $4K. thats what what most of the regional season costs.
worst case we have 18 regional races that gives 4 drops. or 18 regional races w/ 3 National races (21) that gives 4 drops.
best case we have 24 regional races w/ 5 drops. or 24 regional races and 3 National races (27) that gives 5 drops.

including the Nationals will not change the number of drops (due to rounding to the nearest whole number), but will require alot more money to be eligable for the Championship. that would be the diffence of earning it, and buying it. ya know, if they had made Hallett a double points race weekend to ensure a big turnout, we would still be racing @ Hallett. your trying to do the same thing. i would like to see EVERY NASA racer @ Nationals this year. i know its not possible. making it part of a regional points event will also keep them from being able to take a regional Championship.

correct my math if its wrong.
yes Matt, i'm sure i mis-spelled a word or two.

glenn, I too would like to see all of NASATX go to Nats but I have a thought....maybe we should find a title sponsor to pay the way for the top 3 guys in each class to go or atleast offer up something to ease the pain of the cost? Red Bull was supposed to be in full effect last event and all I saw was a tent and a couple people walking around on Saturday ONLY!

Too many options...just pick the one that resembles what we have had and move on.... :lol:

micah
12-04-2006, 12:25 PM
don't forget that you also have to qaulify for nats. if you miss to many events in your region you will lose even more points to those that did qualify.i bring this up because my team mate will be going to korea for a year and he leaves in april