PDA

View Full Version : Roundy Round racing in Houston? Clifton??

Mike Bell
11-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Clifton, is this a SM only party?

http://forum.specmiata.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000433;p=0

C'mon man, right in my backyard and nary a word? I got a spare 89 Mustang I could fire up for some roundy-round action! ;)

Spill tha beans man!!!

Waco Racer
11-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Well, this won't be happening today. It is supposed to be for Miatas and RX-7s only. I'm afraid that your Mustang might be on overdog. (If it lasts the whole race) :)

There used to be a series of Miatas that ran on ovals in the Souteast in support of the Dash series. The local guys have interest in running a race during the off-season at HMP. We even have some interest from Florida, Louisiana, and Oklahoma. Who knows, this may turn into an annual event.

Mike Bell
11-25-2006, 12:22 PM
My son has been keen on the Bandoleros since last year when we saw Skip and Scott at TMS NASCAR event running their Legends car. I've been digging for a local series to get him into a Bandolero and possibly Dad picking up a Legends car for some fun here locally. Saw your thread and was hoping you were involved with HMP?

I'd rather get a Legends car before I pick up a SM or SRX7, no slight against those cars intended.

Waco Racer
11-25-2006, 01:06 PM
There's a pretty good one here: http://txsz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13562&hl=legend

The 2 classes at HMP that are really growing are the Hobby Stocks and the Thunder Roadsters. Both have clean racing and good car counts. The Thunder Roadster is way more fun to drive and a faster car than the Legends. These classes have class directors that can give you lots of info for the Winter Series and next year.

Legends: Kenny Bumbera 281-493-9300
Thunder Roadsters: Luis Garcia 281-541-7209
Hobby Stocks: James Huff 281-831-0339

Mike Bell
11-25-2006, 02:30 PM
We've seen the Thunder Roadsters at the same events and I wasn't they had low car count (4 one year, 6 the next). Long wheelbase, they don't seem to want to turn like those little Legends cars do! ;)

Thanks for that link. I think we need to snag the Bandolero first, then Dad can get a ride using the "Well, why not Honey? We're already out here for the Boy" type reasoning lol. At least that's the plan currently, subject to change as she catches on to my tired old tricks.

Todd Covini
11-26-2006, 12:44 PM
You should try this, Mike!
For those who love racing in the rain... the next level is apparently "soap-racing"!!!

http://www.molaps.com/videos/stock_car_enduro.wmv

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

-=- T

Waco Racer
11-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Mike - Trust me, I've driven both on an oval. The TR is the better handling car.

Todd - That's Nucking Futs!!

mitchntx
11-26-2006, 02:13 PM
Todd - That's Nucking Futs!!

It looked like an AI car going through a CMC field ... well some of the CMC field. :? :lol:

Mike Bell
11-26-2006, 02:37 PM
That's a crazy video Todd. Not sure why/what/who but hilarious to know they do that out there - somewhere lol.

I'm thinking of heading out to HMP on 12/9 to watch the local guys Clifton, I'll check out the TR cars again based upon your recommendation. Again, have to get the Bandolero first for the boy.

AllZWay
11-26-2006, 09:08 PM
You should try this, Mike!
For those who love racing in the rain... the next level is apparently "soap-racing"!!!

http://www.molaps.com/videos/stock_car_enduro.wmv

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

-=- T

That actually looked like fun to me. :lol: Except the lack of visibility would drive me crazy.

bossskip302
11-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Clifton...when Scotty was running Legends I was trying to get Luis Garcia to rent a CMC or AI car...hes got the bling..if he drove a real racecar he'd be hooked...I drove one of his TR's at W. Falls for a full day last year really wasnt impressed...the real blast is to drive one on the TMS roadcourse. hauln ass
If you talk to Garcia try to get him interested in AI/CMC :D

Skip

Boudy
11-28-2006, 11:44 PM
There's a pretty good one here: http://txsz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13562&hl=legend

The 2 classes at HMP that are really growing are the Hobby Stocks and the Thunder Roadsters. Both have clean racing and good car counts. The Thunder Roadster is way more fun to drive and a faster car than the Legends. These classes have class directors that can give you lots of info for the Winter Series and next year.

Legends: Kenny Bumbera 281-493-9300
Thunder Roadsters: Luis Garcia 281-541-7209
Hobby Stocks: James Huff 281-831-0339

Clifton: Jeeze, where's the love dude? That isn't exactly the only Legends car you know of needing a new home, now is it?

Boudy

Waco Racer
11-29-2006, 09:42 AM
I figured you would have sold yours on ebay by now. Mike, call Boudy. He has a great deal on a Legends car. :oops:

Todd Covini
11-29-2006, 11:31 PM
Boudy has a Legends car???? :shock:

Well, at least they're both proportionally correct. :lol:

-=- T

Boudy
11-30-2006, 06:07 PM
That's pretty good, in fact, really good. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boudy