PDA

View Full Version : AI/CMC Texas Car number assignments - 2007

GlennCMC70
12-02-2006, 12:14 AM
i went thru the car numbers list and cleaned it up removing the guys who have ran in more than 1 class (AI/AIX/CMC). i also marked guys who have moved or who raced w/ us from another region.
there are alotof names w/ numbers assigned who havent yet shown up w/ a car. how long do we/should we hold numbers for these guys?

post up about any errors and feel free to add what you know.

GlennCMC70
12-02-2006, 04:40 PM
any reason to hold the numbers for these guys?
Painter, Richard
Penny, Chuck
Bastian, Jimmy
Tomblin, Michael
Dickey, Richard
Rodriquez, Mark
i do not believe any of them had raced w/ us yet except Dickey. are any of them planning on comming out in '07? i know Richard Painter is, who else?

jeffburch
12-02-2006, 05:31 PM
Jimmy is now building for AIX.
Painter will be at 1st event '07.

jb

donovan
12-04-2006, 01:02 PM
I have the old spreadsheet that Adam was keeping... I have been filtering thru it over the past few weeks.

I will compare yours wtih that one and see if they all match.

I started working on numbers after this thread...
http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=597&highlight=car+number

DD

GlennCMC70
12-04-2006, 01:28 PM
sorry David. your right. i'll forward you the most updated sheet today when i get home.

oz98cobra
12-04-2006, 01:40 PM
You guys should also check with Todd as I believe he was maintaining the list following Adam's departure?

Some numbers are on the list, but have been requested to be kept private.

donovan
12-04-2006, 03:36 PM
Its all good, no need for both of use to do the same thing... I'm sure when TC lays out the duties stuff like this will be more clear.

DC, I have the private numbers that were requested on my list.

Once I get thru my file and look over Glenns, I will share it with everyone else.

Glenn, I think we need to come up with some rules on the numbers as well. I don't think we should have people request a number and we hold it for two or three years.

Maybe we could sell the numbers and put the money in the fund?? :wink:

DD

GlennCMC70
12-04-2006, 04:19 PM
David, i talked w/ Adam about this very subject yesterday while on the phone about something else. myself and Mitch were holding numbers before for rental cars that were in progress. mitch let #8 go w/ the car and i've given up the #19 i had.

there should be some guidelines for sure.
show me a car, i'll show you a number.
or first car to the track gets the number if 2 people want it.
something to work out.

jeffburch
12-04-2006, 04:20 PM
Private numbers?
Wazzupwidat??????

jb

GlennCMC70
12-04-2006, 04:25 PM
i just learned of this myself.

AI#97
12-04-2006, 04:36 PM
How many Captain's seats you got on the bridge of this ship?

Need the Admiral to step forward and announce his chain of command....not Mr. Bell but TC....please tell us how you want stuff like this handled sir so NO effort is wasted.

Please drive through to get your fries....

Mike Bell
12-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Private numbers?
Wazzupwidat??????

jb

Stealth numbering: the new hotness. :lol:

donovan
12-04-2006, 05:44 PM
How many Captain's seats you got on the bridge of this ship?

Need the Admiral to step forward and announce his chain of command....not Mr. Bell but TC....please tell us how you want stuff like this handled sir so NO effort is wasted.

Please drive through to get your fries....

Do you need a number, please take one and have a seat! 8)

Glenn and I have both stepped up, we are both taking on duties that both RP and AG were doing... TC has not officially given any orders as of yet we were just doing this on our own as people have resigned. I'm sure that the official duties will be laid out in time. We now have AF, so these might change.

Nothing wrong with the ship, I think Glenn and I worked it out here just fine. I just spoke up so that we were not both doing the same thing.

As far as a system for the numbers, I think there should be a far time frame for a request, maybe a few weeks, few months before you are on track? Mainly, some people will want to get the numbers on the car and it might be a few months before they get to the track. We currently have a few spoken for but have either never been to the track or have not been to the track in 2+ years.

Anyone else need a number? 8)

DD :)

donovan
12-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Private numbers?
Wazzupwidat??????

jb

Next week we will be handing out secret decoder rings.

marshall_mosty
12-04-2006, 06:28 PM

That's gotta be worth 5HP and 2 tenth's in the quarter! 8)

donovan
12-04-2006, 10:33 PM

That's gotta be worth 5HP and 2 tenth's in the quarter! 8)

Don't forget about the 5 pound weight deduction.

Wirtz
03-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Is the spreadsheet attached to this thread still up to date? I need to confirm a number so I can get the last things ordered. Is Dave Donovan still the keeper of numbers?

Thanks,
Jeff

GlennCMC70
03-26-2007, 05:06 PM
he is, but the attachment is not official and is old. this thread needs to be locked and another started. David told me he would start another. look for it this week. contact him offline.

donovan
03-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Jeff, I think I saw an email from you a few days ago... I will follow up with that tomorrow.

I will have a complete updated list of car numbers and some other relavant information about car numbers posted in the next couple days.

I was trying to get this completed last week before my office relocaiton took place, but missed the deadline and everything personal was put on hold for the last five days. The move is over so I should be able to focus some needed time into the car numbers.

DD

Adam Ginsberg
03-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Just so everyone understands.....the #5 for CMC in Texas still resides on my car, and will stay that way for the forseeable future - please stop asking if I'm giving up my number.

I'm not.

Waco Racer
03-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Good.

Wirtz
03-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Jeff, I think I saw an email from you a few days ago... I will follow up with that tomorrow.

I will have a complete updated list of car numbers and some other relavant information about car numbers posted in the next couple days.

DD

Dave - cool, thanks and let me know. I would recommend once the number list is updated it be reposted and stickied as a thread.

Jeff

BryanL
03-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Well I want Erics #17 if is leaving. Something about reliving the glory days of high school.
I would even do it John Kruck style and buy him a 12 pack.
Bryan

CMC17
03-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Well I want Erics #17 if is leaving. Something about reliving the glory days of high school.
I would even do it John Kruck style and buy him a 12 pack.
Bryan

****Please check with a series director if you are serious about the #17****

I have no problems giving it up and will send them an e-mail letting them know it's available.

chicane23
03-27-2007, 03:25 PM

I have no problems giving it up and will send them an e-mail letting them know it's available.

Eric,

I hope your not leaving!
The fun is just about to start! ;-)

Best regards,

CMC17
03-27-2007, 03:32 PM

Eric,

I hope your not leaving!
The fun is just about to start! ;-)

Best regards,

I understand what you are saying John. ;)

Time to go have some fun, but not here. Not that I won't watch what's about to take place. lol

Waco Racer
03-27-2007, 03:39 PM

Bad.

chicane23
03-27-2007, 03:51 PM
I would like to see #17 stay reserved to for Mr. Varner's use. Hopefully very soon. ;-) Just as I would for Adam, Wayne and anyone else that has been running here in the past.

Everyone gets disgruntled at some point or another, trust me on this!

There is a lot of other numbers out there that can be used for the new racers coming to our series.

michaelmosty
03-27-2007, 05:53 PM
I would like to see #17 stay reserved to for Mr. Varner's use. Hopefully very soon. ;-) Just as I would for Adam, Wayne and anyone else that has been running here in the past.

Everyone gets disgruntled at some point or another, trust me on this!

There is a lot of other numbers out there that can be used for the new racers coming to our series.
Very well said. It just wouldn't seem right seeing a #17 on a non-Varner car. :(

GlennCMC70
03-27-2007, 05:59 PM
do we need to retire his number? :roll:

Todd Covini
03-27-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm locking this thread.
It's outdated.
There isn't a free-for-all for car #s.
David is still stewarding the car #s and he'll have the new list with some guidelines out shortly.

-=- Todd