PDA

View Full Version : Enduro this April

Waco Racer
12-06-2006, 01:26 PM
Would y'all be interested a 3 hour enduro this April?

Here are a few things to consider before you decide:
1. This would be a 3 sprint race weekend - 2 on Saturday afternoon 1 on Sunday morning.
2. The Enduro would be non-points.
3. There will be strict rules about refueling.
4. The lineup would be set by Sunday morning qualifying times.

I am open to suggestions but no arguing. This is not a definite thing just a random brain fart from a mentally disturbed Race Director.

jeffburch
12-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Hmmm, loaded question.

So the enduro would be late Sunday after the regular sprints?
What's the entry fee?
What's the prize money?

jb

Waco Racer
12-06-2006, 02:37 PM
So the enduro would be late Sunday after the regular sprints?
Sunday after lunch.

What's the entry fee?
Not sure. But it will be double for silver cars.

What's the prize money?
No habla.

jeffburch
12-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Perfecto!
I'll bring a gas man, run the whole thing (by myself) on one set of scuffs.
Winner takes all!

jb

Mike Bell
12-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Is it possible to have 4 sprint races if the enduro doesn't happen?

I'm not likely to have any support crew available at the April event at Eagle's Canyon.

Boudy
12-06-2006, 03:52 PM
MB: I'll see to it that your car gets fueled. Now shut the hell up, YOU'RE IN!

JB: Everybody who wants to, tosses $100 into a hat. 50/30/20 for the top 3 driver's who anti-up. Nobody knows who's in until after the race.

MW: Got any pics to represent a side kitty?

BTW: I'm with Mike, count me in.

Boudy

AI#97
12-06-2006, 04:04 PM
So you are saying there are 3 sprint races at least for the weekend?

Things to consider....

1. Unknown track
2. Unknown tire wear
3. Unknown fuel consumption....mine differs greatly at each track. 20 minutes on track for me uses 6 gallons of gas. I need to buy more fuel jugs to add to the 25 gallons I would have already used in the sprints/qual.

4. Add the enduro entry fee as a separate cost at registration...keep regular sprints to normal pricing.

5. Start thinking group purchase on cool suits!!!

6. Please don't block me in as I will be leaving Sunday morning!

Thanks! :wink:

mitchntx
12-06-2006, 04:14 PM
April? damn .... :cry:

AllZWay
12-06-2006, 04:38 PM
I had to vote no.

I barely have the budget to even be at the track and I surely don't have the tires, brakes, fuel and money for extra. :(

Sound like fun, just probably not an option for me, except after the season is over.

Nick
12-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Mandatory driver change?
Is this track's pit lane suitable?

AI#97
12-06-2006, 06:20 PM
Mandatory driver change?
Is this track's pit lane suitable?

It hasn't even been built yet! :lol:

dirwin
12-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Enduro, Yea, Yea, Yea, 3 hours, kind of short, rather see 6 with 2 drivers minimum, (max 3 hours behind the wheel), but 3 would be a great race. Pick the track, I don't care if it is points or not. Needs to be open to all cars like we do with SCCA, Miatas, SRF's, anything you want to run.

Dave

Todd Covini
12-06-2006, 11:21 PM
I voted yes and would love to see the NASA endurance series come to Texas...however...(Clifton...you and I have discussed this...)

I've always found that people participate in their series points chase FIRST and available enduros SECOND...so...we'd likely have to check back with those that voted yes in the weeks prior to the enduro to see if their car is still up to the task.

Another thing about enduros is that this is where the team efforts really start kicking in. Everyone needs to think of who they could partner up with for an enduro...different animal than our regular races. (i.e.- if we have 30+ points accumulating drivers in 2007, I would think that the most endurance event entries out of AI/CMC would be 15.) Really would need other series cars to make it worthwhile....I know....could we run with GPC/ETC in the enduro??? :wink: Are you feeling better now, Kevin?

-=- Todd

PS- Never know where that wig will show up again!!!

Mike Bell
12-07-2006, 07:06 AM
I'd need mucho time to plan/think/ponder this enduro thingy. I like the idea, just can't figure out how to work the deal. Possibly at the end of a seson would be the best time? Cooler weather, season points chases are over, might be a good break in the "off-season" ???

A driver swap sounds like a ton of logistics to figure out in itself!

marshall_mosty
12-07-2006, 08:13 AM
A driver swap sounds like a ton of logistics to figure out in itself!

Driver changes and pit stops will be the fun part. Will you look more like Joe Bob Racing, or Team Corvette?

Mike Bell
12-07-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm pretty sure it will be "Keystone Kops" for me, no matter how much planning I do ahead of time. :lol:

dirwin
12-07-2006, 01:54 PM
You can throw most of the pre-race planning out the window once the race starts and really, that is most of the fun of racing enduro's.

I think there needs to be a little more info with the voting. Votes tallied for those who have actually driven in an enduro and votes from those who haven't had the chance to do it yet. I have and it is a ton of fun. Also it is not as much wear on the car as some may think. It is really more of a wear on the drivers, but 3 hours seat time straight is one heck of a challenge and most everyone on this site would have a blast actually doing it.

Matt, don't leave on Sunday, you could team drive with me, you would love it.

RichardP
12-07-2006, 02:15 PM
I've crewed in a few different enduros at TWS (my father-in-law in a Miata a couple of times and Chris in an RX7 a couple of times). It is a lot of fun.

I don't have a car or money to buy into a ride but I'm allways willing to help out. I'm sure Chris would do whatever he needed to get into a ride. He likes to do the enduro stuff.

Richard P.

AI#97
12-07-2006, 05:02 PM
You can throw most of the pre-race planning out the window once the race starts and really, that is most of the fun of racing enduro's.

I think there needs to be a little more info with the voting. Votes tallied for those who have actually driven in an enduro and votes from those who haven't had the chance to do it yet. I have and it is a ton of fun. Also it is not as much wear on the car as some may think. It is really more of a wear on the drivers, but 3 hours seat time straight is one heck of a challenge and most everyone on this site would have a blast actually doing it.

Matt, don't leave on Sunday, you could team drive with me, you would love it.

If that's an offer? Accepted! See this teaming up thing is already starting to work?! :lol:

marshall_mosty
12-07-2006, 05:53 PM
The half us everyone who doesn't want to drive in the enduro can crew for those of us who are going to drive...

Maybe Boudy could set up everyone up with a receive/broadcast radio so we can talk smack during the race... for a fee, of course... 8)

Waco Racer
12-07-2006, 06:06 PM
The wig option is getting more votes than I expected. Hmmmm, or maybe not.

mitchntx
12-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Clifton ... any time other than April possible?

GlennCMC70
12-07-2006, 06:50 PM
because it was requested.
i voted yes. i really want to do an enduro. i have never doneone or been to one. i think we all could do 3hrs in our own cars if we could just manage to get someone to gas the cars. it shouldnt be that difficult for all of us to find enough people who could do this. doing it fast and safe would be my first concerens. alot of these cars are not designed to be filled fast (stock filler neck by requirement) so we wouldbe disadvantaged. safety is another. hot brakes and gas are bad.

how about a manditory 15 minute stop every hour? time for things to cool and fuel? liquids? it would bunch the fields (no lucky dogs here guys).

Al Fernandez
12-07-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm in, one way or another. I've run two enduros and always had a blast. We have enduro races running a couple of times during the season saturday evening. Those are great...the sprint races are done for the day and everyone is available to hang out. That's how we put together the great CMC Enduro Championship with three cars and nine drivers a while back (one 4th gen camaro, one 3rd gen firebird, and one mustang no less!)

Todd Covini
12-07-2006, 09:42 PM
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:
The Great Texas CMC Enduro Championship!
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Waco Racer
12-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Nick,
Mandatory driver change? 3 hour, probably not mandatory
Is this track's pit lane suitable? Time will tell

Mitch,
any time other than April possible? yes, suggestions? We all want Mitch to be able to participate. Here, kitty kitty kitty. :wink:

Glenn,
There will most likely be a competition caution for at least the first fuel stop. Too many of those and it just becomes 2-45 min. sprint races with a 1 hour final "hope you can make it" run.

Keep in mind folks, there will be other classes on track with you. SM, SRX7, GTS, HC, ST1 & 2, PT, Legacys, and Legends are all welcome to run the Enduro.

RichardP
12-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Mandatory driver change? 3 hour, probably not mandatory.

If a driver change isn't mandatory, the rules should be written so that those who want to do a driver change aren't at a disadvantage.

Requiring driver's to be out of the car during refueling and minimum pit stop lengths are common safety requirements for enduros. If those were implemented, then it doesn’t matter who gets back into the car.

Richard P.

Waco Racer
12-08-2006, 10:07 AM
FYI - Adrian was VERY involved in writing the rules for the SCCA 6 hour enduro.

mitchntx
12-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Mitch,
any time other than April possible? yes, suggestions? We all want Mitch to be able to participate. Here, kitty kitty kitty. :wink:

Wow ... just wow ...

David Love AI27
12-08-2006, 05:37 PM
what about a 2 car team with 3 or 4 drivers? maybe my new neighbor, Adrian, could post the SCCA version of the rules...

dirwin
12-08-2006, 07:14 PM
I've raced in Adrian's 6 hour enduro with SCCA, absolute blast, big track at TWS, driver must not be in the car during refuel, 10lb fire bottle must be manned during all pit stops, no driver more than 2 hours straight. Her rules would be the ones to go on. With a 3 hour, I would like to see one mandatory driver change or at least a mandatory stop where the driver gets out for 1 minute minimum and jumps back in. 20 gal max fuel tank or mandatory stops for over, Adrian already wrote all this stuff into the SCCA enduro....

Yea Matt, we could team drive. Alvey could team drive with Capps since neither of us could fit in that little Sparco seat in his car.

I will say that I do think the longer tracks make for better enduro races.

Get a few of these under our belts with an AI/CMC car, put 6-8 drivers together with a bunch of crew and pile out to Cali, the 25 hour at Thunderhill would be one hell of a lot of fun. I got invited to drive this year and couldn't go, next year maybe Texas AI/CMC can put up a team or 2.

Todd Covini
12-09-2006, 12:13 PM
I have an idea!!!

<<OK...Call me "crazy".>>

Since this would be a NASA Texas event...why not use the 2007 NASA Endurance Racing Regulations!?! :roll:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/enduro.pdf

-=- Todd

PS- Plans are underway for a Texas CMC effort at the 2007 25 Hours of T-hill...we need to now get a Texas AI effort underway to make it a complete "Texas AI/CMC" effort and viable 2 car effort. (Talk about a great magazine story!)

Mike Bell
12-09-2006, 12:21 PM
PS- Plans are underway for a Texas CMC effort at the 2007 25 Hours of T-hill...

Must be some kind of "behind the scenes" CMC planning then, I haven't seen/heard squat... :cry:

Waco Racer
12-09-2006, 01:29 PM
I have an idea!!!

<<OK...Call me "crazy".>>

Since this would be a NASA Texas event...why not use the 2007 NASA Endurance Racing Regulations!?! :roll:

http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/enduro.pdf

-=- Todd

Those rules are pretty good, but there would need to be some changes for our "Special Needs" classes. 8)

gt40
12-09-2006, 09:09 PM
PS- Plans are underway for a Texas CMC effort at the 2007 25 Hours of T-hill...we need to now get a Texas AI effort underway to make it a complete "Texas AI/CMC" effort and viable 2 car effort. (Talk about a great magazine story!)If this happens, I REALLY want to be a part of it! Keep me in the loop, guys!

mitchntx
12-09-2006, 10:07 PM
PS- Plans are underway for a Texas CMC effort at the 2007 25 Hours of T-hill...we need to now get a Texas AI effort underway to make it a complete "Texas AI/CMC" effort and viable 2 car effort. (Talk about a great magazine story!)

Tell the rest of us how it turns out.

Wait, that would require some sort of write up ...

Adam Ginsberg
12-10-2006, 01:32 AM
Must be some kind of "behind the scenes" CMC planning then, I haven't seen/heard squat... :cry:

Poor Mike...always left out of things.....patches, caveats, the 25 hour....it's just wrong, I tell ya, just wrong.

Todd Covini
12-10-2006, 01:33 AM
:roll:

Mike Bell
12-11-2006, 07:44 AM

Poor Mike...always left out of things.....patches, caveats, the 25 hour....it's just wrong, I tell ya, just wrong.

Left out, that's for sure. No calls, no emails, no love no more, lol.

mitchntx
12-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Mike, maybe you are the token Ford guy to give the illusion that it's not a Ford vs GM thing.

:?:

Mike Bell
12-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Nah, nothing as deep as all that, I simply bitch/whine/moan/argue till it's no fun - then wonder why nobody wants to "talk" anymore lol.

Time for a long winter's nap, then get back into the swing of things at the Banquet. 8)

mitchntx
12-11-2006, 09:33 AM
I dunno ... da man is a sneaky bastard ... never underestimate him.

8)

Todd Covini
12-11-2006, 11:57 AM
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/837500/2/istockphoto_837500_cat_watching.jpg

mitchntx
12-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Sweeping the cats under the perverbial rug?

I am deeply disappointed in you, Mr. Covini ...

Todd Covini
12-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Glenn told me that he would ensure that you would be nice to me if he became a series director.
I'm not seeing it yet. :cry:

-=- T

GlennCMC70
12-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Glenn told me that he would ensure that you would be nice to me if he became a series director.

-=- T

nice Mitch wasnt made in a day.

mitchntx
12-12-2006, 11:43 AM

-=- T

LOL at you for believing him. :P

Glenn will lie for free before telling the truth for money.

GlennCMC70
12-12-2006, 12:32 PM
i gotta learn how to lie for money, then i'll be set!

marshall_mosty
12-12-2006, 12:48 PM
i gotta learn how to lie for money, then i'll be set!

<humor>
We have those types at my work... they're in Sales and Marketing 8)
<humor>