PDA

View Full Version : Info about MSR-C on site dyno we all need to know!!!!!

GlennCMC70
04-01-2006, 05:40 PM
myself and Jeff B talked w/ the owner of the dyno @ MSR-C. turns out that it is the dyno that was @ Kwik Kar that caused all the "drama" @ the begining of the year. we mentioned how that dyno was suspect of reading low. the new owner informed me that there were 2 major issues w/ the dyno that were discovered shortly after it was installed (and yes, after todd made dyno pulls on it).
first was the brakes were dragging. before they were fixed, you could turn the drum by hand but it would not free spin. now it will spin for about a minute if you spin it w/ your hand.
second, the weather station was giving a wrong humidity reading. it was like 20% off. that will also contribute to a bad correction factor. the weather station is being sent in next week for repair. the brake issue has resulted in a power increas of 5-6 HP on a spec miata (90-115hp).

if you certed on that dyno @ the KK location, it would be in your best intrest to re-dyno. otherwise, you will go over your limit. just a friendly heads-up.

GlennCMC70
04-02-2006, 02:00 PM
quess i'm the only one who thought this was intresting. no comments from the masses? :?

CMC17
04-02-2006, 02:04 PM
I'd be interested to see what Todd's car pulls since the fix to see if it's right on par with what he has pulled in the past at other dyno's.

Great info and thanks for sharing!!

8)

Todd Covini
04-02-2006, 03:59 PM
I'll re-dyno at Round 3 to see what the diff is.
My readings were low during that random dyno....220/280.
My annual was something like 226/290.
Wouldn't have been an issue at Round #2 due to slightly lower readings.
They already upgraded the software to 7.0 before I got on it.
I'm sure it'll be spot on in no time.

-=- Todd

Adam Ginsberg
04-02-2006, 10:53 PM
For grins, I'll re-dyno on that unit as well, since I have a set of pulls from Jan/Feb of this year.

Good to know about the issues with it, Glenn.