PDA

View Full Version : Idiot Europeans...rain race on slicks....max carnage

AI#97
12-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Some people are stupid when it comes to running in the rain...

enjoy or cry!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqxdj_wetrace

mitchntx
12-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Post up the safety broadcast during that series.

"Car spin on driver's left ... driver's left ... driver's right ... driver's left ... driver's left and right ... "

Todd Covini
12-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Oh great. Now we'll NEVER get Bell to race in the rain!!! :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

-=- T

Mike Bell
12-12-2006, 06:47 AM
I've already done that - in the dry! (Ask Nick...) :shock:

marshall_mosty
12-12-2006, 08:17 AM
That video was just crazy... where were the local yellow prior to that corner? I guess they didn't have adequate communications.

The guy in the Lister was lucky. It was a right-hand drive car and the entire right side was peeled off after he hit on of the Saleens. He could have almost had a leg dangling outside the car... scary.

gt40
12-12-2006, 10:23 AM
That video was just crazy... where were the local yellow prior to that corner? I guess they didn't have adequate communications.That was a bad situation that came up pretty quickly. Combine a sudden, heavy downpour with race cars on slicks and you get carnage until everyone can get off the track and get rain tires installed.

Towards the end of the video is an in-car shot from Mike Newton's car. Visibility looks pretty shitty, and he lost it before ever being able to see the waving yellow.

AI#97
12-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I guess they didn't have adequate communications.

Probably in a mixed French/German English broadcast they radioed " a Wreck is coming up!" and the driver probably heard "Eric is coming up" and then put the hammer down to prevent the pass!!! :P

Rob Liebbe
12-12-2006, 09:10 PM
I agree - Varner's car could use some sprucing up - it does kinda look like a wreck :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boudy
12-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Yep, we should introduce them to a proper safety broadcast. Might have saved them about 1 1/2 million bucks or so. Man, the one guy lost 2 Saleens, OUCH!

Oh, and don't worry, Mr. Varner's ride will be receiving an off season sprucing. As will Mr. Bell's.

Boudy

AI#97
12-13-2006, 10:15 PM
Yep, we should introduce them to a proper safety broadcast. Might have saved them about 1 1/2 million bucks or so. Man, the one guy lost 2 Saleens, OUCH!

Oh, and don't worry, Mr. Varner's ride will be receiving an off season sprucing. As will Mr. Bell's.

Boudy

1.5?! I would say closer to $3M or 4M total....Racing Saleens are well over a Mil EACH! Those were more or less total losses and the TVR was done. Add in two ferrari's and a cheap viper.....and that was only THIS corner!