PDA

View Full Version : LG Motorsports is now racing mustangs?

AI#97
12-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Got a tip that LG is fielding an S197 with a cammer motor in it for the rolex 24....did he finally wake up and leave the dark side?! :wink:

GlennCMC70
12-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Lou ran a Mustang in World Challenge once and i think he won a Championship in it. the Mustang his wife used to drive was a gift from Ford if i recall. his speedshop used to do alot of Ford work years ago.
2 of his current Crew guys are Ford guys. Obie and Anthony.

AI#97
12-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Lou ran a Mustang in World Challenge once and i think he won a Championship in it. the Mustang his wife used to drive was a gift from Ford if i recall. his speedshop used to do alot of Ford work years ago.
2 of his current Crew guys are Ford guys. Obie and Anthony.

I was actually trying to verify what I had heard. This car has the BlackForest logo on it and those guys have campaigned the 05's for a couple years now....just didn't think Lou was ready to dive into mustangs just yet....?

GlennCMC70
12-27-2006, 10:59 PM
there no telling w/ Lou. our "relationship" is not what it has been up to March of '06, so i couldn't tell ya. w/ the absence of the F-body, he needs to fill that gap in his business.

y5e06
12-28-2006, 09:46 AM
damn, that car is HOT

is the body ALL carbon fiber?

Waco Racer
12-28-2006, 10:34 AM
That car was built by Crawford Race Cars in North Carolina for Blackforest Motorsports. Lou would be a hired driver for that car at the 24. Chevy has voiced some disapproval about this. He has also been approached to build a GT2 Corvette for a team. Rumor is that if he builds the Vette he will also build one for himself.

AI#97
12-28-2006, 02:40 PM
That car was built by Crawford Race Cars in North Carolina for Blackforest Motorsports. Lou would be a hired driver for that car at the 24. Chevy has voiced some disapproval about this. He has also been approached to build a GT2 Corvette for a team. Rumor is that if he builds the Vette he will also build one for himself.

Well, if Lou doesn't get to drive it I will certainly raise my hand to offer my services as a ford driver!!! :wink: