PDA

View Full Version : At what point in time will ...

mitchntx
01-05-2007, 07:53 AM
... the GM camp get some rules relief?

It is obvious to even the most casual observer that the CMC powers that be have the rules base listing to the Ford camp. Just look at the manufacturer's points chase and you see that even when GM guys win championships, the Ford camp still has a HUGE advantage.

It's just not fair.

Mike Bell
01-05-2007, 07:58 AM
Mitch,

No sarcasm here, but what specifically do you think should be done for the GM camp? More power? Less weight? Bigger brakes?

I thought there was remarkable parity amongst the various generations of Cambirds and Mustangs given that some have 350's vs. 302's and different brake packages, different wheelbases, Torque arms, etc.

Top 3 podiums are GM products (Glenn keeps telling me that) so be prepared when I go off at any GM concessions in rules "relief". Just my perspective...

CMC17
01-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Hmmm.. I see a lot of things your way, Mitch. But, this isn't one of them.

GM
in season points

Big power and able to pull any Ford down straights with no problem. Superior suspension components straight from the factory. Remember - Ford Mustang = Fairmont platform

I just don't see it. I've made decent "numbers" but, can feel the lack of superior torque/hp by seeing the GM's walk away from me down the straights. Drive a Mustang and you'll see that we have to be perfect in order to keep up with an "ok" GM product/driver.

Please describe in detail what is causing the listing towards the Ford camp.

1. _________________________
2. _________________________
3. _________________________

Garbage
01-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Eric,

I just don't see it. I've made decent "numbers" but, can feel the lack of superior torque/hp by seeing the GM's walk away from me down the straights. Drive a Mustang and you'll see that we have to be perfect in order to keep up with an "ok" GM product/driver.

You are treading on dangerous ground comparing driving skills and cars. That is a sensitive subject my friend.

Sincerely,
David

mitchntx
01-05-2007, 09:18 AM
heh, heh ... got the Ford boyz worked up, didn't I ... :P

You guys have a great weekend!

CMC17
01-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Just trying to start a blood bath...er debate. Like pointing at/towards Ford "relief" without justification. 8) :lol: :lol:

Thx, Mitch! I'm awake now.

CMC17
01-05-2007, 09:24 AM
You are treading on dangerous ground comparing driving skills and cars. That is a sensitive subject my friend.

Sincerely,
David

It's easy to do and I could critique every CMC car and driver out there that would be spot on.

GlennCMC70
01-05-2007, 09:25 AM
w/ regards to the Manufacture Points going to a Ford when the top 3 spots in points went to a GM for the season.
the problem is the disparity between Ford and GM car numbers.
GM's are 1/3 of the field w/ the Fords making up the rest. since points are awarded to the top 5 finishers, the odds of a Ford being in the top 5 is greater.
had Varner made one more race, he would have been in the top 3 for the season Championship.

mitchntx
01-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Just trying to start a blood bath...er debate. Like pointing at/towards Ford "relief" without justification. 8) :lol: :lol:

Thx, Mitch! I'm awake now.

I needed to re-establish myself as the top whiner and Master manipulator.

Thanks for the nibble, bite, set and run .... :wink:

Mike Bell
01-05-2007, 09:28 AM
You guys have a great weekend!

You too Troublemaker #2!! :lol:

mitchntx
01-05-2007, 09:30 AM
the problem is the disparity between Ford and GM car numbers.
GM's are 1/3 of the field w/ the Fords making up the rest. since points are awarded to the top 5 finishers, the odds of a Ford being in the top 5 is greater.

I don't buy that.

Look at Texas ... top 3 were GM for the season points yet Ford walked away with a 42 point margin ...

GlennCMC70
01-05-2007, 09:35 AM
top 3 is only 3 of 5.
put drops back in. how many races did you make? Morgan? Steve? out of 6 GM's only 3 made every race weekend. only one made every race. consistant points.

Mike Bell
01-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Hell, who cares about manufacturers points anyways? Not like Ford or GM are helping us out with any resources here...

mitchntx
01-05-2007, 10:19 AM
top 3 is only 3 of 5.
put drops back in. how many races did you make? Morgan? Steve? out of 6 GM's only 3 made every race weekend. only one made every race. consistant points.

You are really getting this director's thing down, aren't you.

Is there some sort of seminar on wholistic justification or sensory deprivation training for this position?

8)

mitchntx
01-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Hell, who cares about manufacturers points anyways? Not like Ford or GM are helping us out with any resources here...

For CMC, the GM cars have been out of production 10 years.

GM stopped producing the only sway bar option available. Shocks are stupid expensive and the only motor mod we can make is installing a restirctor plate.

But, we get cheap wheels ... guess that makes up for it all. :roll:

:D

Mike Bell
01-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Plus now you got the bling bling C5 calipers! Things should be really good in the GM camps these days lol.

Mitch, you and I outta swap cars one track session, get to see how the other half lives/fights/struggles. I'm sure it would be a real eye-opener for me. I do recall chasing that white firebird for a whole race at Cresson, never really closed that 9 car gap. I got the video but it's pretty boring to watch lol.

AI#97
01-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Tell you what mitch, you and glenn put together one of those F-body behemoths full tilt for CMC and I will drive the ever livin shit out of it for you as a rolling billboard for LAWnMOTORsports....I will buy the tires, gas and brakes, you provide the ride.....hell, I might even put it on the podium at nationals next year for you!!! :wink:

It's car count plain and simple. Like they say, Mustangs are like assholes, everyone has one, they all stink at handling and we have the aftermarket support that makes it cheap as hell to race one. Maybe if you guys start making/sourcing a full list of go fast goodies or turn key cars for cheap....the manufacturer points battle will heat up?

Just my egotistical $0.02.... :wink:

GlennCMC70
01-05-2007, 11:03 AM
top 3 is only 3 of 5.

You are really getting this director's thing down, aren't you.

Is there some sort of seminar on wholistic justification or sensory deprivation training for this position?

8)

yes there is. its a forum thats invisible to mear mortal non-director types.

GlennCMC70
01-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Tell you what mitch, you and glenn put together one of those F-body behemoths full tilt for CMC and I will drive the ever livin shit out of it for you as a rolling billboard for LAWnMOTORsports....I will buy the tires, gas and brakes, you provide the ride.....hell, I might even put it on the podium at nationals next year for you!!! :wink:
yep Matt, i'll get right on that. i think i have done that already for LAW.
i took 2nd in points last year and ROY before i was DQ'ed on a dyno that later was found to be in very poor machanical condition.
finished 2nd in points this year and put it on the podium @ Nats. what are you gonna do that i havent already? thanks, but no thanks.

It's car count plain and simple. Like they say, Mustangs are like assholes, everyone has one, they all stink at handling and we have the aftermarket support that makes it cheap as hell to race one. Maybe if you guys start making/sourcing a full list of go fast goodies or turn key cars for cheap....the manufacturer points battle will heat up?

Just my egotistical $0.02.... :wink:

once again, what do you think we have been doing.
my car, Mitch's car, Steve's car, cage in James's car, Nick's new CMC car, and 2 more 4th gens sitting in stand-by for a check to be written. we also have been working w/ the owner of Kevin Mixons old T2 car. it should be ready and racing in CMC-2 by the end of the year. the only parts we dont offer yet are shocks, and thats going to change soon enough.
Mitch and myself have had a hand in far more CMC cars in the TX region than any one else i know of. but thanks for the sugestion.

Mike Bell
01-05-2007, 11:29 AM
ROFLMAO, and the "ringer" takes one on the chin... :lol: :lol: :lol:

jeffburch
01-05-2007, 11:39 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

jb

mitchntx
01-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Matt, no offense, but after seeing wheels flying off and front fascias in trash cans, I don't think I will turn a car over to your capable hands.

Nothing personal, just a sound business decision.

:wink:

AI#97
01-05-2007, 11:56 AM
. what are you gonna do that i havent already? thanks, but no thanks.

Hmmm, top of the podium at Nats?! :poke: :stir: ....... :lol: It's all in fun, just be sure to stick out the right finger for point by as this mustang fly's by to lap ya'!!!! :wink:

GlennCMC70
01-05-2007, 04:33 PM
which is it Matt: your done racing, your done till April, or your racing? i cant keep up.

mitchntx
01-05-2007, 04:52 PM
i cant keep up.

Oh man ... that is low hanging fruit right there ...

GlennCMC70
01-05-2007, 04:56 PM
fill your basket while you can.......

jeffburch
01-05-2007, 05:02 PM
more keen eye for dangle

jb

AI#97
01-05-2007, 05:11 PM
which is it Matt: your done racing, your done till April, or your racing? i cant keep up.

Likely won't have the car back together before april...if we run the 3.1 in March, I might try to thrash to be ready before then but still dealing with other issues as well. Main goal is to have two complete long blocks ready incase I mess up like I did in november.....valves don't like those missed 2-3 upshifts into 1st....only saw 7900 rpm!!! :oops: luckily it was built for 7500 or I would have MUCH worse problems!

Anyway, we all like to kid so it's all good!! :D

Mike Bell
01-05-2007, 05:20 PM
Quoth the Ringer, 'Nevermore.'

:shock:

AI#97
01-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Quoth the Ringer, 'Nevermore.'

:shock:

Actually, the ringer sayeth..."Mr. Bell, you are right, AI has become too expensive!" :shock:

Garbage
01-05-2007, 06:27 PM
If there is one quality Todd posses, that no other director in this series posses, I have never seen him bash other's in this series on the internet.

Enjoy your short stay as a junior director Glenn. You don't have the temperament when the heat is on you. Just a simple observation.

Breath deep and count to whatever. Drink green tea. Find your zin. Kick Mitch's cat.

Sincerely,
DA

michaelmosty
01-05-2007, 06:45 PM

Likely won't have the car back together before april...if we run the 3.1 in March, I might try to thrash to be ready before then but still dealing with other issues as well. Main goal is to have two complete long blocks ready incase I mess up like I did in november.....valves don't like those missed 2-3 upshifts into 1st....only saw 7900 rpm!!! :oops: luckily it was built for 7500 or I would have MUCH worse problems!

Anyway, we all like to kid so it's all good!! :D
I can relate Matt. I had TC right behind me in Nov. going over "the launch" and accidentally went into 2nd instead of 4th. :oops: It sounded like parts were swapping places with each other under the hood but luckily everything remained together. (gotta love the Tremec!!!)
We'll see if it made the cut for the video. 8)

GlennCMC70
01-05-2007, 07:27 PM
If there is one quality Todd posses, that no other director in this series posses, I have never seen him bash other's in this series on the internet.

Enjoy your short stay as a junior director Glenn. You don't have the temperament when the heat is on you. Just a simple observation.

Breath deep and count to whatever. Drink green tea. Find your zin. Kick Mitch's cat.

Sincerely,
DA
thanks for the feedback. the cat has been kicked.
i was having the same "fun" Matt was having. i'm not "bashing" anyone. however, there will never be a question of what i think about something or someone. i'm honest and open about my feeling towards things. its possible that is something we have needed around here. i have however done one thing you have not, i stepped up and am working on making a difference. who knows if i'll be susessfull, but i'm going to give it a try.

jeffburch
01-05-2007, 07:51 PM
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/censored.jpg

See my link below

AI#97
01-05-2007, 08:46 PM
i stepped up and am working on making a difference. who knows if i'll be susessfull, but i'm going to give it a try.

I don't know if it's a speak n spell you need or a typing lesson! One way or another we will figure it out... :wink:

GlennCMC70
01-05-2007, 08:57 PM
wow, 1 word. i'll go cry now.
you've resorted back to attacking me for my spellin', so there must be no issue w/ my opinions. 8)

hope the easter Bunny brings you a trip to the track this year.

Boudy
01-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow Matt, do I smell insinuations of a CMC#97?

Boudy

BTW: Glad to see some humor and spirit in here again.

Boudy
01-05-2007, 09:40 PM
You don't tug on Superman's cape
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger
And you don't mess around with ... Glenn

OMG! That's good. :lol: :lol:

Boudy

jeffburch
01-05-2007, 09:41 PM

How to keep a room full of monkeys busy for a day;
http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=824&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

jb

:lol:

AI#97
01-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Wow Matt, do I smell insinuations of a CMC#97?

Boudy

I have found me a ratty old 3rd gen with a carbed 305 I can probably pick up for $500...only issue is it's an auto and I know jack shit about F-bodies except that I would probably be fast in one! :wink:

CMC#97....? Nah.. Wonder what it would do with a nice cammed LS1 in it though for AI? LAW????

chicane23
01-05-2007, 10:27 PM
I see nothing has changed around here.

You would think the New Year would bring great cheer and happiness!

;-)

GlennCMC70
01-05-2007, 10:28 PM
lets see, 3 times the motor, 100lbs less weight than a carbed SBC. a T-56. should run like a bat out of hell. simple swap as there are tons of swap kits to do this. hooker makes long utbes for this and sell them in Jegs.

MikeP99Z
01-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Wonder what it would do with a nice cammed LS1 in it though for AI? LAW????

No need to cam it. It's plenty fine stock.

Todd Covini
01-06-2007, 01:17 AM
i'm not "bashing" anyone. however, there will never be a question of what i think about something or someone. i'm honest and open about my feeling towards things. its possible that is something we have needed around here. i have however done one thing you have not, i stepped up and am working on making a difference. who knows if i'll be susessfull, but i'm going to give it a try.

Adam?.....is that you??? We haven't heard from you in a while. LOL

Mitch....from this day forward thou shall now be known as the "Master-Baiter of Texas AI/CMC" :twisted: :lol:

-=- Todd

PS- It's all fun until someone gets their eye poked out.

mitchntx
01-06-2007, 01:26 AM
Nothing to see here ... move along.

Adam Ginsberg
01-06-2007, 02:15 AM
however, there will never be a question of what i think about something or someone. i'm honest and open about my feeling towards things. its possible that is something we have needed around here.

Open and honest about one's feelings something we've needed around here?? That's a huge laugh. I tried it for 3+ years - and it didn't work. AAMOF, more often than not, I was routinely hammered for it.

All I ever wanted was to build the series, for people to come out, have fun, race and do my job as your series director ( in that order ). No politics, no BS, no whining. Ummm.....so much for that.

Yeah - the Texas 2007 season should be interesting. Glad I won't be around to see it more than once to see it.

Mike Bell
01-06-2007, 09:01 AM
however, there will never be a question of what i think about something or someone. i'm honest and open about my feeling towards things. its possible that is something we have needed around here.

Open and honest about one's feelings something we've needed around here?? That's a huge laugh. I tried it for 3+ years - and it didn't work. AAMOF, more often than not, I was routinely hammered for it.

All I ever wanted was to build the series, for people to come out, have fun, race and do my job as your series director ( in that order ). No politics, no BS, no whining. Ummm.....so much for that.

Yeah - the Texas 2007 season should be interesting. Glad I won't be around to see it more than once to see it.

Glenn is doing remarkably well so far in my book. He willingly jumped into the shark tank with his only his enthusiasm and Mr. Covini to help him in the care and feeding of a pretty rowdy group. I think had Hallett-Gate not have happened you'd still be helping out this band of renegades too. 8)

Hate to hear you'll only be doing one NASA TX event (if I'm understanding your comment correctly), was hoping to race against you much more than that in 2007. :cry:

Garbage
01-06-2007, 09:09 AM
thanks for the feedback. the cat has been kicked.
i was having the same "fun" Matt was having. i'm not "bashing" anyone. however, there will never be a question of what i think about something or someone. i'm honest and open about my feeling towards things. its possible that is something we have needed around here. i have however done one thing you have not, i stepped up and am working on making a difference. who knows if i'll be susessfull, but i'm going to give it a try.

I think you can be successful. Just don't get caught in the moment and react. Definitely don't brag about yourself. Let your accomplishments speak for themselves.

It is obvious you care about racing and this series, therefore you took on a leadership role. I don't have enough passion to work for this series, but I do have passion about one particular topic. Inverted starts.

Sincerely,
David

[/quote]

AI#97
01-06-2007, 10:29 AM

Is there any way to get rid of that hydraulic clutch setup?

Found a low mileage LS1 and T56 combo with wiring and computer for $3k...that a good price?

This is starting to get my mind going.....

Mike Bell
01-06-2007, 10:38 AM

Found a low mileage LS1 and T56 combo with wiring and computer for $3k...that a good price?

That's it, the grape Kool-Aid is good for you. Trust me. :lol:

Get a CMC car, come race with the mob! :wink:

AI#97
01-06-2007, 10:50 AM

That's it, the grape Kool-Aid is good for you. Trust me. :lol:

Get a CMC car, come race with the mob! :wink:

What's a shaved CMC toyo go for these days? :wink:

Mike Bell
01-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Shaved?? You'll want the full-treads to help carry all that GM weight lol.

Really I don't recall, I think they all end up costing about $180ish last time I checked. Might give AJ at PST a shout.

AI#97
01-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Really I don't recall, I think they all end up costing about $180ish last time I checked. Might give AJ at PST a shout.

So roughly the same as AI tires.... I think I will stick with the hulk I have in the garage for now....besides, I have to go pull the boat anchor out of the engine bay today! :?

jeffburch
01-06-2007, 02:32 PM
$180 plus tax plus shipping.
jb

MikeP99Z
01-06-2007, 03:35 PM

No way to ditch the hydraulic clutch that I know of, although Glenn and Mitch know more than me about such things.

3k is a decent find for the combo (tranny is usually around 1k), I'd stay away from '97 and '98 LS1s.

To swap it into a third gen will require a lot of stuff. Check with the boys about k-members, motor mounts, tranny mounting, clearance, etc. I'd do some research on the swap first if you get serious (I'm sure some F-body board member out there has done it).

GlennCMC70
01-06-2007, 04:17 PM

glad i'll have your support, i guess.
too bad about not racing w/ us. you should re-consider.
feel free to call w/ any suggestions you may have for me, i'm always open to input on how i can do a better job.

GlennCMC70
01-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Glenn is doing remarkably well so far in my book. He willingly jumped into the shark tank with his only his enthusiasm and Mr. Covini to help him in the care and feeding of a pretty rowdy group. I think had Hallett-Gate not have happened you'd still be helping out this band of renegades too. 8)

Hate to hear you'll only be doing one NASA TX event (if I'm understanding your comment correctly), was hoping to race against you much more than that in 2007. :cry:

thanks Mike. i knew VOLUNTEERING for this could possibly be a bad thing. i also knew i could adapt and learn from it and at the same time help represent the RACERS intrest and not the NASA TX intrest. i'm not here to make anyone happy. not one person is on my "to make happy" list. if i piss off NASA TX, well, i piss them off. same goes for all the racers here. i'll do my best to be 100% open to better ways of doing things.
lets just say, we will see how it goes. i could very well step down on my own accord 2 events into the year.

GlennCMC70
01-06-2007, 04:38 PM
I think you can be successful. Just don't get caught in the moment and react. Definitely don't brag about yourself. Let your accomplishments speak for themselves.

It is obvious you care about racing and this series, therefore you took on a leadership role. I don't have enough passion to work for this series, but I do have passion about one particular topic. Inverted starts.

Sincerely,
David

i dont try to "brag" about myself. it seems frequently that i'm taken that way. maybee its my way to trying to focus on the positive things about myself and not so much the negatives or shortcomings (i have a few - i know). i have you all to remind me of those. right Matt? :wink:
David A - what series do you have enough passion for to work for?
inverted w/-in class or entire field inverts? there will be no entire field inverts. w/-in class? well there could be. w/ the way i think things are moving w/ regards to class size and weekend format, even in-class inverts could go away. nothing has been said to me about any of this, so no, this is not "insider" info. i just see things changing. if you want to know more about this and my thoughts, find me @ Houston, and i'll talk w/ you a bit about it. and anyone else for that matter. those things are being worked on today by Todd, and i am not part of this. i did offer a few suggestions though.

GlennCMC70
01-06-2007, 04:48 PM
not really. whats your issue w/ it? it works well in my 98. its making way more power than your AI car and has never failed on me.

thats a good price.
dont let Mike worry you about 97-98 blocks. but there are better blocks to use (all LS6 blocks). infact, they do not produce or sell the 97-98 style blocks anymore. all part numbers for those years have updated to the LS6 part number.
and yes, my 98 has the factory block w/ 80K + on it. it makes big power w/ a big ass cam. i have not has any issues w/ my motor and have open tracked it plenty.
w/ the LS7 available as a crate, i would get it and tune it down to the power you need to match weight, if i was to run AI. way more motor than anyone needs, but it would last FOREVER.

GlennCMC70
01-06-2007, 04:50 PM
did i miss anyone? :P

AI#97
01-06-2007, 06:04 PM
w/ the LS7 available as a crate, i would get it and tune it down to the power you need to match weight, if i was to run AI. way more motor than anyone needs, but it would last FOREVER.

No dry sumps allowed in AI..

Jegs is selling LS2 crate motors now which would probably be a better choice....but I ain't dropping that kind of coin into a motor. I like the deal I get now from VT....basically I buy parts and get all the machine work, balancing and labor free. Considering I am buying parts at their cost, engines are cheap...relatively...It's just the in and out of the car that's pissing me off. I guess that is just the case with a new engine program that doesn't have a LOT of history on it yet. VT has been working with a couple Grand Am and Rolex teams for these 5 liter mod motors but most are using 4V heads and making 450-500hp...WAY too much for AI. I think once we get the bugs worked out, this will be a great reliable platform for a race motor. Phase 2 will probably be overkill but should end up with a motor to last for 2 years since it will be running at about 75% power! :wink:

The more I work on this thing today I am about ready to sell it as a roller and just get out of this madness....Damn I hate working on my car.... :evil:

GlennCMC70
01-06-2007, 06:35 PM
well the LS7 is a dry sump in the C6 ZO6. but it is afterall just an LSX gen motor. it even uses the OEM type oil pump mounted on the front of the crank to feed the block same as any LSX motor. in the ZO6, the pump pick-up is fed via a tube that passes thru the pan and into the pump from the holding tank. so just put a C5 or f-body or GTO or truck pan on it and its then a wet sump.

you talked about spending money in the aero thread on NASA AI forums. you said spend it on half ass parts and then respend it on good parts later. looks like you have probably spent about $13K on the first motor, the replacement motor, and the spare motor your going to have before we see you in April.

but an LS2 would be plenty. get the car light, long tubes on the motor, really good valve springs and valves, ARP head, main studs, and rod bolts and the motor is sound to 6800 all day long. could probably race 4-5 full seasons and never have to open it up.

CMC17
01-06-2007, 07:42 PM

Me!!! Have fun being SECOND, THIRD, FOURTH...... this year.

lol!! 8) 8) :lol:

GlennCMC70
01-06-2007, 07:44 PM
what, did they do away w/ 1st!?!?!?!
come on Eric, your slipping.

CMC17
01-06-2007, 07:55 PM
what, did they do away w/ 1st!?!?!?!
come on Eric, your slipping.

Ok ok.. fine. I will opt to start in the back each race to make it a challenge for the first few laps until I'm out front once again. :P

<get to high ground!!! It's gettin' DEEP>

GlennCMC70
01-06-2007, 08:01 PM
start inthe back?????? your a tough guy, start on the trailer big boy! i expect nothing less from a former Champion.

CMC17
01-06-2007, 08:06 PM
start inthe back?????? your a tough guy, start on the trailer big boy! i expect nothing less from a former Champion.

I could sit on the trailer, watch the race and still get points. <big, big evil grin>

8)

jeffburch
01-06-2007, 09:26 PM
OMG :roll:

8)

jb

marshall_mosty
01-06-2007, 11:37 PM

Well, I could use a hug... :oops:

See you goobers at the banquet.

GlennCMC70
01-06-2007, 11:39 PM
your not hugging my goober. i cant speak for Cory though.

AI#97
01-06-2007, 11:58 PM
. looks like you have probably spent about $13K on the first motor, the replacement motor, and the spare motor your going to have before we see you in April.

Not even close to $13k! I probably have about $5600 in actual parts over the last 3 years and that's everything down to the gaskets and retainers. Like I said, I have a REALLY good deal with VT! The intake is experimental as well as the fuel system and to take a new engine program as far as I did on such a small budget....not too bad! :wink:

My spare motor I am looking at is a crate motor from an explorer/aviator. Rumor is I can get a complete longblock for $1500-1800 which is the same all aluminum motor I have now, just 25 less cubes and I can make the power I need to with the cams/intake I have if I get down to my new goal....Marshall, beware!! I think I found 120lbs of stuff today I can get out of the car! I would be hunting for the 2950lb range but I know the same removal in John's car netted a lot more!! :wink:

I still need to get the motor out of the car...I ran out of motivation today but could probably have it out in an hour or less. so far things are leading to a spun rod bearing... :(

David Love AI27
01-07-2007, 01:24 PM
found me a ratty old 3rd gen with a carbed 305 I can probably pick up for $500...only issue is it's an auto

Where??? Jason will need a car by this summer... I'll even pay a finder's fee

David Love AI27
01-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I see nothing has changed around here.

You would think the New Year would bring great cheer and happiness!

;-)

There are some who find "happiness" and "cheer" talking crap....

Good to hear from you JG... how is the family??? have a good holiday???

GlennCMC70
01-07-2007, 02:21 PM
David, i think Nicks 3rd gen chassis will be available later this year. it will be a roller. could bea quick way for you guys to get into CMC chassis wise.

AI#97
01-07-2007, 06:44 PM
found me a ratty old 3rd gen with a carbed 305 I can probably pick up for $500...only issue is it's an auto

Where??? Jason will need a car by this summer... I'll even pay a finder's fee

You may need to sign in as a member but here is the direct link...

http://www.dfwstangs.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=42040&sort=1&cat=4&page=3

He's down to $1000 but I bet if you walked up with $500 or $600 cash he would bite....

Needs a wiring harness but a painless kit would solve all that!

chicane23
01-07-2007, 07:34 PM
There are some who find "happiness" and "cheer" talking crap....

Good to hear from you JG... how is the family??? have a good holiday???

Yes, there are a few different personalities on this forum and that keeps me entertained these days.

I'm still alive and kicking, so far.
The holidays were great and so is the family, thanks for asking.
I hope you and your family are doing well also.

Good luck this year and try to stay out of the mayhem on track.

Best regards,

Todd Covini
01-08-2007, 02:49 AM
Hey Mitch,
Back onto the subject at hand...I tripped over a little history here:

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/images/race-nasa-oct00.pdf

see page 11 of (what used to be) our NASA Speednews and you'll notice that the Chevy's were leading the manufacturer's points over the Fords way back in 2000 in the far away land, where the CMC rulemakers resided, back in the time when there were no other CMC regions, no internets to speak of....and there was a slight list over to the Camaro camp! :wink:

So just because the top 3 in Texas are Chevy's and the Fords have more points nationally don't really mean a thing.

Just a little fun fact for your fishing expedition....need more bait??? :roll: :D

-=- Todd

mitchntx
01-08-2007, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the link. I guess once out of 20 years is a pretty good indication that things are just fine. :roll:

mitchntx
01-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Drive a Mustang and you'll see that we have to be perfect in order to keep up with an "ok" GM product/driver.

CMC17=unperfect

I see you won 5 races in 2006 and 11 races in 2005.

So, which is it ... were you perfect or were the GM drivers less than "OK"?

CMC17
01-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Drive a Mustang and you'll see that we have to be perfect in order to keep up with an "ok" GM product/driver.

CMC17=unperfect

I see you won 5 races in 2006 and 11 races in 2005.

So, which is it ... were you perfect or were the GM drivers less than "OK"?

I guess I have the powah to "bait" too. lol