PDA

View Full Version : 1st Event 2007 - Planning Thread

Mike Bell
01-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Thought I'd get this kicked off early, I'm planning on bringing up the motorhome and family to MSRH in Feb. I'll have my propane grille if we want to do some cooking (brats!) in the evening, party time, show the 2006 video possibly?

Who all is coming, who all is camping out, who wants to go in on Saturday night dinner?

Dinner Food List:
Mike B - Buncha Brats
Marshall M - Buncha Buns

...c'mon folks, don't be shy....

CMC17
01-09-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm in for Saturday night dinner and a movie at the track.

I can bring some popcorn.

jeffburch
01-09-2007, 08:22 AM
FYI
http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=12961
jb

marshall_mosty
01-09-2007, 08:28 AM
Michael and I will certainly be there, camping at the track in the Exploder motel.

We'll be there sometime on Friday to unload and get the cars ready.

Maybe we can start a food list...

Mike Bell
01-09-2007, 08:29 AM
FYI
jb

Who is "Bone"?? :lol:

Great EV, I'll bring the projector if we can get DD to bring the rest of the setup needed to show movies! (Got to get me a table/stand and extension cord this time so we don't have to project the movies from the ground up lol).

AllZWay
01-09-2007, 09:19 AM
I am in on dinner.... just tell how much or what to bring.

I am not sure if I am going to camp in Glenn's house of pain trailer or stay in a hotel yet.

y5e06
01-09-2007, 09:46 AM
FYI
jb

yep, discovered that this week trying to get a jump on things and register early... oh well.

Camp at the track? Is there any other way? I'll be snoozing in the 'burb each and every event this year.

Don't forget your nasa membership & comp license renewals! ... if they're due. I just sent both in this week.

What's the move for Feb? '06 highlight video? :)

donovan
01-09-2007, 11:30 AM
I can bring the speakers that we have used in the past... but my notebook that we used in the past is broken... We will need to source another computer... I hope to have it fixed soon, but I don't want to count on it for the event.

We will be camping at the track.

DD

GlennCMC70
01-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Brats, beer, and popcorn sound good. i'm in.
not sure if the wife and kids are comming yet, going to have to watch the weather.
i'll be there friday between noon and 5 i'm sure.

AllZWay
01-09-2007, 12:13 PM
i'll be there friday between noon and 5 i'm sure.

We gonna caravan again?

GlennCMC70
01-09-2007, 12:26 PM
sure.

Mike Bell
01-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Ok, put me down for bringing some Brats and a grille then.

marshall_mosty
01-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Mike,
If you tell me how may brats you are planning on bringing, I can bring the buns...

Mike Bell
01-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I was gonna bring 18 or so, I think they come 6 to a pack?

marshall_mosty
01-09-2007, 06:30 PM
I'll bring two dozen buns then.

Mike Bell
01-10-2007, 08:21 AM
I can bring the speakers that we have used in the past... but my notebook that we used in the past is broken... We will need to source another computer... I hope to have it fixed soon, but I don't want to count on it for the event.

We will be camping at the track.

DD

DD, I've got one of those small DVD players with RCA output jacks for the sound/video, will that work instead of a laptop?

GlennCMC70
01-10-2007, 08:49 AM
event registration is now available @ least thru the National site. i had emailed Shannon after you guys mentioned it here, and she responded this morning.
National page link:
http://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/list_events
or this one:
https://www.nasaproracing.com/nasa_event/show/?event_id=473

remember, they had asked us to register as soon as possible to help them get the schedule set. fees will be carried over to the next event if you decide not to come.

Mike Bell
01-10-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm registered up. BTW, the NASA Official Cancellation Policy states fees are REFUNDable:

Race Groups: Fees are fully refundable provided that you registered at least 12 days in advance and you notify your NASA region within 5 days following the missed event. No partial refunds allowed. This policy does not apply to special events. Once the car hits the track all fees are non refundable.

Taken from here:
http://www.nasaproracing.com/cancellation_policy.html

AllZWay
01-10-2007, 11:54 AM
I registered today.

GlennCMC70
01-10-2007, 12:23 PM
accually, i think Shannon said they would not run the payment thru till after the evnet. but whatever. you will not be charged. :)

marshall_mosty
01-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Registered yesterday. Also, got an email from Shannon. The covered parking is only $20 this year since it doesn't offer good rain protection (I guess we learned our lesson in October).

Additionally, Jessica Moser said she was going to run a batch of long sleeve AI/CMC shirts. Hopefully Todd will bring this up at the banquet if it wasn't already on the agenda.

y5e06
01-10-2007, 01:44 PM
I registered today as well. Thanks for the link. I tried earlier this past weekend but was suprised to not see anything on the NASATX website.

Shirt has been claimed!
By the way I have an XL '06 CMC/AI short sleeve shirt I'd trade to someone for somethin'. Never Worn! (for more than 5s anyway). bought it, washed it, tried it on. Woefully too small. email/PM me outside of this thread.
Shirt has been claimed!

y5e06
01-11-2007, 05:27 PM
accually, i think Shannon said they would not run the payment thru till after the evnet. but whatever. you will not be charged. :)

actually just checked my online statement today, charge does shows up for the registration.

michaelmosty
01-11-2007, 06:44 PM
I just got registered, now I guess I have to work on the car a little. :o

GlennCMC70
01-11-2007, 07:36 PM

actually just checked my online statement today, charge does shows up for the registration.

can you believe it, seems NASA TX lied.
dont know what to tell you guys. i was led to believe diffently by Shannon.

AI#97
01-11-2007, 08:23 PM
can you believe it, seems NASA TX lied.
dont know what to tell you guys. i was led to believe diffently by Shannon.

You seem surprised? And I thought I was the rookie?! :lol:

GlennCMC70
01-11-2007, 09:47 PM
what, no mis-spelled words you can rag on me about? :wink:

AI#97
01-12-2007, 10:27 AM
what, no mis-spelled words you can rag on me about? :wink:

glenn, if I policed ALL of your grammar and spelling errors, I wouldn't get anything done at work! :wink: However, it seems I have gotten you to start policing yourself which should take the load off of me for a while!!! :lol:

Waco Racer
01-12-2007, 02:43 PM
I believe that if you register through the National site your card gets charged automatically. If you register through NASA Texas directly your card is not charged until after the event.

Todd Covini
01-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Better rethink the brats and 1st event planning....

We gots our 4th Annual Texas AI/CMC Banquet to hold!!!

Mike Bell
01-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Better rethink the brats and 1st event planning....

We gots our 4th Annual Texas AI/CMC Banquet to hold!!!

Yeah, that escalates the planning in a significant way. I can still bring our projector and a DVD player if that helps. Let me know on the food stuff...

Todd Covini
01-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Definately on the projector....will let you know on the other stuff.
We likely won't have a new plan laid down until mid-week.
Anyone know where you can rent 14 go-karts!!! :twisted:

-=- Todd

David Love AI27
01-13-2007, 05:44 PM

-=- Todd

Track 21 on Highway 6, 45 min drive from MSR-H or Kart Zone behind Ferarri of Houston (59 and westpark). I could bring church van and carry 10+ people. In addition, I can hire cousin to watch our prized possessions while away. (this is NOT a joke) 8)

GlennCMC70
01-13-2007, 05:46 PM
i'de settle for golf carts at this point.

Todd Covini
01-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks David...we'll put that in our back pocket and see what it's gonna take to make a big splash at this banquet. (45 minutes in a bus with you AI/CMC crazies would only rival some of the nightmares I've had from 6th grade when I rode the 8th grade bus to a football game...animals...every one of them!) :lol:

Something closer, like Pearland would be great or quite honestly, with the right touch, something right at MSRH could be fun and exciting. Just need a firm start and end time to make it a "banquet"....I'll look to you guys to set the tone for the rest of the folks...where-ever we do it!

I'll talk with Shannon and the others on Monday and try to keep the momentum going. Stay tuned....

Todd Covini
01-13-2007, 06:08 PM
...if there's a silver lining in this Dallas raincloud, it's that Al Fernandez will now be able to attend the banquet and get to see/hear about all you guys.

Could anyone give my co-host Michelle a ride down to MSRH from Fort Worth??? 8)

-=- Todd

GlennCMC70
01-13-2007, 07:20 PM
let me ask her..........
she said she will ride back w/ the one who brought her.
cant they both come?

GlennCMC70
01-13-2007, 07:27 PM
an offsite deal on sat is going to be hard. w/ the normal time of the last race along w/ post raceday repairs and parts chasing and prep for the next days racing, its going to be hard to get everyone to a common place at a decent time.
doing this offsite friday or sunday (depending on what time we get done) could be easier.
i take a show of hands of who all is planning to get to MSR-H on friday early enough to have dinner somewhere friday night. and dont count outhaving something in Angleton. its small, but there has to be something. its only about a 5 minute drive tops.

i also worry about outside temps durring the evening the first week of Feb, even in Houston.

David Love AI27
01-13-2007, 07:56 PM
an offsite deal on sat is going to be hard. w/ the normal time of the last race along w/ post raceday repairs and parts chasing and prep for the next days racing, its going to be hard to get everyone to a common place at a decent time.
doing this offsite friday or sunday (depending on what time we get done) could be easier.
i take a show of hands of who all is planning to get to MSR-H on friday early enough to have dinner somewhere friday night. and dont count outhaving something in Angleton. its small, but there has to be something. its only about a 5 minute drive tops.

i also worry about outside temps durring the evening the first week of Feb, even in Houston.

Kart Zone in Houston is an indoor track with room to host banquet upstairs.. weather will not be a problem... Friday night might be best, sunday not so good (just my opinion), Track 21 is indoor also but I have not been in the facility. At Kart Zone they can block off the upstairs from public and they also setup run groups as their SOP so the public can still run but in different groups... my final 2 cents

GlennCMC70
01-13-2007, 08:02 PM
indoor is good.

AI#97
01-13-2007, 09:36 PM

-=- Todd

Track 21 on Highway 6, 45 min drive from MSR-H or Kart Zone behind Ferarri of Houston (59 and westpark). I could bring church van and carry 10+ people. In addition, I can hire cousin to watch our prized possessions while away. (this is NOT a joke) 8)

You twits seem to forget there is a shed right next to the office full of REAL karts for our enjoyment....not to mention 12 identical mercedes sedans..... :lol:

Mike Bell
01-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Glenn,

I'll probably be tied up getting my annual done and/or getting the family situated at the track. I don't rather not attend an offsite party on Friday or Saturday night.

Much prefer we did something at the track if possible, otherwise I'll probably pass on the deal.

GlennCMC70
01-14-2007, 10:24 AM
my vote is there w/ you Mike. stay @ the track, cater in some really good BBQ or something, and have a few beers before w/ start the rain dance. :wink:

Mike Bell
01-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Bah! Rain?? You are a mean mean man lol. No rain please, don't you remember your mud bath in T15 through T16???? Jeesh, thought that shrimp boat Cambird would never stop spinning... :lol:

GlennCMC70
01-14-2007, 10:40 AM
i remember it all to well. in fact, there are still muddy water spots on the bottom of the hood. but i also remember being 5 or so seconds a lap faster than the rest of you guys in the wet. i need those wins.
i should have been a little more patient on that last race. i just didnt want to let Eric get away too soon. leason learned.

David Love AI27
01-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Thought I'd get this kicked off early, I'm planning on bringing up the motorhome and family to MSRH in Feb. I'll have my propane grille if we want to do some cooking (brats!) in the evening, party time, show the 2006 video possibly?

Who all is coming, who all is camping out, who wants to go in on Saturday night dinner?

Dinner Food List:
Mike B - Buncha Brats
Marshall M - Buncha Buns

...c'mon folks, don't be shy....

will be there to spectate, but won't stay to eat...

Mike Bell
01-16-2007, 10:57 AM
Sorry to hear it David. :cry:

AI#97
01-16-2007, 11:52 AM
let me ask her..........
she said she will ride back w/ the one who brought her.
cant they both come?

I will volunteer to bring them both down and pay for "our" room! I'm on the fence whether to come down and instruct or not. Mixon....need any help?

Hook a single brother up Glenn!

Mike Bell
01-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Any word on a Friday Practice day and/or a tech session? Since I'm in the ditch on dyno-day and need the annual tech done, I'd like to see if there's hope for getting the tech done Friday before the race weekend? A little practice would be great too, but not at $250/day.

Where's that State of the Union address Todd? How about some info flow guys?

GlennCMC70
01-18-2007, 09:32 AM
its looking like Friday will be a tech day. not 100% confirmed yet.
Todd has intended toget the Stat of the Union Address out, i'm not sure what the issue is. hes ben working w/ Shannon and NASA TX to get some last minute issues resolved. i would post it, but i dont have all the info. stand fast sailor.

AllZWay
01-18-2007, 09:45 AM
What's the Hotel phone number? I need to make reservations.

Anyone want to split a room?

jeffburch
01-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Can't condemn bragging if you were home,.....in the ditch.

Mike Bell
01-18-2007, 10:39 AM
I can't? Jeesh, that'll be no fun then. :lol:

Waco Racer
01-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Depending on the job situation, I will be at the track Friday to do Annuals.

michaelmosty
01-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Any word on a Friday Practice day and/or a tech session? Since I'm in the ditch on dyno-day and need the annual tech done, I'd like to see if there's hope for getting the tech done Friday before the race weekend? A little practice would be great too, but not at $250/day.

Agreed, I'd like to get there early to shake off the rust but not for $250. With half of our events there this year you would think they would make us a "deal".
You would think an owner would know that $250 X 6 is less than $150 X 15. Who am I to judge. 8)

Mike Bell
01-19-2007, 09:55 AM

24 hrs later, anything? How about a simple update on when to expect an update? Bueller?? :wink:

GlennCMC70
01-19-2007, 10:01 AM
:?

Todd Covini
01-19-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm alive and well and will put something out tonight!!!
Glenn has done a valiant job of prodding me and other things have gotten in the way. I've done some pre-planning and will be taking my wife out to dinner on Saturday, thus freeing up my Friday nite to the SofU.

Thanks for the patience guys!
It won't be the same as delivering it at our Banquet with my co-host Michelle at my side, but hey...it'll be sumpin'. :P

-=- T

Mike Bell
01-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the update Todd! (keep prodding him Glenn!) :lol:

GlennCMC70
01-19-2007, 02:28 PM
i need a new prod, this ones getting dull.

Mike Bell
01-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Not sure what you put out last night but it didn't end up here lol. C'mon Todd, we know you have dinner plans tonight so how about getting some of those details out here today??

Glenn, sharpen the next prod a bit more, will ya? :lol:

GlennCMC70
01-20-2007, 08:12 AM
i know hes heading out to dyno today - somewhere - so look for the info @ the 1st event....... as they happen.
i dont think Todd loves us anymore. :cry:

GlennCMC70
01-20-2007, 08:13 AM
i'll be getting a new prod today, it takes 6 D cells! :twisted:

macstang
01-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Still not sure if I will make it or not yet. Bull says he will be there. I will not have a current dyno sheet, so where does that leave me? Should I bring my Hoosiers and run AIX?

I'm saving funds for Road Atlanta in March, that will be my last event prior to going overseas. I plan on dynoing there. Who is gonna make a road trip to join me in Atlanta, c'mon Mosty boys. If I make it to Houston, it will prolly be my last event in TX as I have a return assignment to Georgia, after 1 year in Korea. Wow, 2 hrs. from Road Atlanta or Talladega, 3 from Barber. If I only have time off to race...

Hope 2 see yall in Houston.