PDA

View Full Version : anyone have an engine shipping crate?

AI#97
01-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Or a link to find one? I found one link but they want $430 for the typical split Plastic tub setup to ship a longblock. Last time I just built a wooden crate on a pallet but it weighed a ton and it was difficult to get into the bed of my truck alone.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I REALLY need to get this motor shipped out.

Thanks!

Todd Covini
01-13-2007, 12:21 PM
I've shipped more than one motor before.

1 wooden pallet
1 used tire
2 old tie-down straps

protect the engine as needed (shrink wrap, oil pan, etc)
rest/sit it on the used tire
strap engine/tire to the pallet

It'll cost you a pallett, tire and straps...but less than $400 and we should all be able to find those old things lying around.

Good luck!!!

-=- Todd

Todd Covini
01-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Well? Did you ship it?

AI#97
01-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Well? Did you ship it?

Couldn't find a crate to fit the whole car in yet....guess I have to get the motor out of the car first?! :lol:

Got home around the usual 1/4 till 9pm and started working on the hot water heater in the house that went out....talk about a cold f'n shower this morning!!! Found a gas valve at Lowes at 9:45, now I think it's the little thermocouple that tells the valve if the pilot light is on. Have to go get that tomorrow night.

Looks like shower at the gym in the am... :(

Oh, and I found the container for $193...if I was shipping a cmc motor from a junk yard, your idea might fly....not this nice aluminum piece of art....no chance Jose!

Todd Covini
01-17-2007, 12:16 AM
What is a "gym" and who is "Jose'"? :wink:

AI#97
01-17-2007, 10:50 AM
What is a "gym" and who is "Jose'"? :wink:

the Gym is part 2 of the AI#97 weight loss plan and Jose is the little fugger who steals the aluminum block/heads to recycle at $.33/lb cause it's in plain site! :lol: