PDA

View Full Version : MSR-H Feb 3-4 - Who's Racing?

chicane23
01-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Who is going to be racing for the first event (MSR-H Feb 3-4)?
-

Who is not going to make it?
-

donovan
01-24-2007, 06:45 PM
As of right now, my heads are on the shelf. It would take a lot of time and troubleshooting to get this thing ready for Feb 3...

Looks like I am out. But I will be there, just without a ride.
DD

Wirtz
01-24-2007, 07:01 PM
I might regret asking this question, but:
Anyone have a rental CMC ride? If there is something affordable out there I might run for the fun of it. Otherwise;

I'm making good progress on the blue bomber but it will not be ready in time for Feb.

Jeff

GlennCMC70
01-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Mitch has a 4th gen car and he will not be making the race.

i will be there in my 4th gen Camaro.

jeffburch
01-24-2007, 08:02 PM
JW,
R U hard on equipment?

jb

CMC17
01-24-2007, 11:07 PM
I have plans on showing up and racing. It all depends on how the dyno goes and other items that need attention.

Mike Bell
01-25-2007, 06:14 AM
I'll be there to race. (if I get my license renewed in time, otherwise I may do DE laps lol) 8)

Rob Liebbe
01-25-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm going to try to be there for Sunday racing and hopefully Saturday banquet-ing.

AllZWay
01-25-2007, 09:05 AM
I'll be there... but am not sure I consider what I will be doing racing just yet. :oops:

AI#97
01-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Out.

Al Fernandez
01-25-2007, 09:42 AM
I'll be there without a car. Maybe I'll borrow Todds!! hahaha

Mike Bell
01-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Anyone heard from Skip and or Scott Smith? Been a long time...

AI#97
01-25-2007, 11:42 AM
Anyone heard from Skip and or Scott Smith? Been a long time...

Chatted with Skip a few weeks ago...He's been busy getting two kids to school and he likes being quiet!

CMC17
01-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Could someone tell me the statistics concerning the number of veteran drivers, rookies and possible new cars in the Texas region? It would seem in my feeble calculation device <brain> that the growth rate in Texas has slowed down to an alarming level. Combine that with those that aren't coming back or plan on making but a few races this year.

Recruits?
Promoting?
Retention?

I'm getting mixed feelings from a lot of racers and not sure what to make of it.

GlennCMC70
01-25-2007, 02:13 PM
i know some drivers are doing a "silent protest". they wanted to do it last year but decided to see if things changed for this year. the '07 schedule probably pushed them over the edge thus are going to sit out most if not all this year. Mitch has work scheduling issues. 4 races are covered by planned maint outages for the plant. that leaves 2 races. both on Houston if i remember correctly. alot of drivers really dislike Houston. and more so when its 3 Houston events and 1 MSR-C event. dropping Hallett was a bad idea. if another NASA Region develops and takes that venue, alot of folks will go to Hallett even if it means missing a NASA TX event to do it.

i know of about 3-5 new CMC drivers comming. the last 2 seasons were ass kickers for myself. add going to Nats and i'm a little burned out. i plan on making all the events this year and i would like to do Nats again.

i've really done alot of recruiting over the last 2 years. targeting drag racers is getting old. our time is better spent pulling people in from other series that are really exspensive or failing. possibly spending time doing HPDE's w/ other orgs and talking w/ those drivers who are getting board w/ HPDE.

i really hope to see alot more of the "fun factor" back @ our events. i think if we can get past all the drama of '06 and not be so serious about our fun those guys who are sitting out wil come back. i really think last year was the bottom, and we will go up from here. growing pains.

AI#97
01-25-2007, 03:10 PM
i really hope to see alot more of the "fun factor" back @ our events. i think if we can get past all the drama of '06 and not be so serious about our fun those guys who are sitting out wil come back. i really think last year was the bottom, and we will go up from here. growing pains.

Glenn, All of our events are fun. There has only been one race I left with a frown on my face and that was because I had a bent up car. The AI/CMC racing is balls fun man!!!

What isn't fun is the Bullshit lack of planning and communication from NASA TX....here it is 1.5 weeks away and we don't even know what the weekend format will be or how to prepare our cars, OURSELVES (40 minute race?) or ANYTHING. Even though the banquet was a weather bust, I personally think the agenda should have been distributed immediately after..we do have a forum here to talk about those kind of things right?....

As for the 07 season, I am still looking for my flashlight cause I am in the Dark on so many things about the season to even begin planning on budgets. I am going to love these state of the union or planning meetings that start with "Wasn't that some great Racing YESTERDAY?!"

"buh dum chink".....

Laterz Racerz...

jeffburch
01-25-2007, 03:28 PM
What isn't fun is the Bullshit lack of planning and communication from NASA TX....

<head bobs up & down>

jb

AI#97
01-25-2007, 04:57 PM
What isn't fun is the Bullshit lack of planning and communication from NASA TX....

<shakes head up & down> fixed

jb

Jeff, I will be fair to Jay and Shannon to say I understand they have day jobs that must come first in their lives because running the region probably doesn't pay the bills....however, that being said, ah fuck it....do a search from last year cause I already said it.

Todd Covini
01-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Not looking for sympathy, just stating the facts.

Clifton lost his job last week.
Jay & Shannon had to put their dog of many years down over the weekend.
I'm in the middle of separating a few employees and have had to work late.

Kinda big stuff going on...but, yes, those are still excuses.
There should be no excuses.

Will attempt to get it out again (tonight) and will post the quick answers to Glenn's questions in the meantime.

-=- Todd

PS- Matt...we've still got a few months notice for a weekend schedule for you since you're not racing until Eagle's Canyon....that event that will never happen, remember? :roll: :wink: <kidding>

GlennCMC70
01-25-2007, 08:25 PM
forward me anything i can help w/.

Todd Covini
01-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Glenn...you know you're not Nancy Pelosi, right? :wink:

-=- Todd

GlennCMC70
01-25-2007, 09:05 PM
who is she, your maid? :P

AI#97
01-25-2007, 10:53 PM
PS- Matt...we've still got a few months notice for a weekend schedule for you since you're not racing until Eagle's Canyon....that event that will never happen, remember? :roll: :wink: <kidding>

Hey, I went muddin' out there last weekend and pulled out 3 pieces of their equipment....only thing not stuck was the water truck and it hadn't been started in 4 weeks... :roll:

GlennCMC70
01-25-2007, 10:56 PM
i been planning to get out there. all the weekends are full up. i'll be getting out there for sure after the Houston event.

marshall_mosty
01-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Looks like I'm the lone AI car...

Mike Bell
01-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Could be the year that "Mosty Brothers Racing" sweeps it all!

AllZWay
01-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Sure doesn't sound like many people are going to be racing.

Mike Bell
01-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Sounds like enough to me!

Mosty, Mi. <Hallet flyboy>
Varner
Bell
Mosty, Ma.
Proctor
Landrum
Covini
Liebbe
Cain
Dowdy
Boudy
MacNeil

edit: Fixed the list for a member of Team Mosty. :wink:

GlennCMC70
01-26-2007, 10:14 AM
dont worry James, sat inverted race will be your first race where you dont have to start from the back. better finish well for R1 or you will have hell to pay for R2. :P
smack talk mode on till after race weekend.

AllZWay
01-26-2007, 10:34 AM
dont worry James, sat inverted race will be your first race where you dont have to start from the back. better finish well for R1 or you will have hell to pay for R2. :P
smack talk mode on till after race weekend.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought I had to run 4 races starting at the back.....that would still be both of them on Saturday to equal my first 4 races, since I only got 2 done last trip to MSRH.

michaelmosty
01-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Sounds like enough to me!

Varner
Bell
Mosty, Mi.

Mike,
You had my name in the wrong position on the podium list, it will be at the top! :twisted:

GlennCMC70
01-26-2007, 11:56 AM
we can make it 6 races if your scared. :twisted:

AllZWay
01-26-2007, 12:03 PM
we can make it 6 races if your scared. :twisted:

Where is that smiley with the middle finger raised? :lol:

GlennCMC70
01-26-2007, 12:43 PM
8)

CMC17
01-26-2007, 01:49 PM
After looking at the list of CMC racers, my Gatorade is safe.

You guys duke it out for second, mmmk? :D

8) 8) 8)

GlennCMC70
01-26-2007, 01:57 PM
After looking at the list of CMC racers, my Gatorade is not safe.

You guys duke it out for first, mmmk? :D

8) 8) 8)

fixed it for ya. no problem, any time. glad to help.

oz98cobra
01-26-2007, 02:15 PM
2 AI cars and 10 CMC cars is nuttin compared to the 20+ fields we have been used to seeing!

And the reason I'm building an AI car is .......? :roll: Something needs to change this year, or we may end up having to go race with the other game in town - the way it is looking, they will have bigger american car fields?! Unbeleivable isn't it!

I won't be there - not because I'm "protesting" anything, just because the car isn't anywhere near ready. We had plenty of offers to borrow/rent cars (thanks guys!), but decided to put the money that would have been spent that weekend into getting the car done.

We might make the next round if we are lucky?

So JG, what prompted you to ask the question? Don't suppose you are going to show up and race this year are you?

Mike Bell
01-26-2007, 02:39 PM
And the reason I'm building an AI car is .......? :roll: Something needs to change this year, or we may end up having to go race with the other game in town - the way it is looking, they will have bigger american car fields?! Unbeleivable isn't it!

ROFLMAO, yeah, right. :roll: I'll never race American Sedan. There's a reason why I chose NASA instead of the other group and the cost/rules for ASedan are a big part of that decision. Like you said, you're missing this event not because of a protest but because the car isn't ready - so how does that equate to "something needs to change this year"??

I don't care if we have 4 or 20 cars take the green, either way will be ok with me. While I'd love a big field, a small one works too.

CMC17
01-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Those that really want to come out and have fun, will. Those that want to have fun protesting and not racing, will. I could think of better ways to get a point across, but that's just me.

I'm looking forward to racing and having fun with the ones that show up and there's no politics behind the wheel IMHO. ;)

GlennCMC70
01-26-2007, 03:10 PM
i think everyone should reach back and hit thier B/S reset button. those who are upset have every right to be that way. but i think we have finally been heard by those who are/were the point of issue. none of us wants to see this series fail. by not racing in the CMC/AI series, your hurting the series. by not racing in TX, your hurting CMC/AI TX and NASA TX. this is what we have to work w/. we all need to keep racing and having fun and find a way to resolve the issues. not racing is not the way to resolve your dislikes. its a useless power struggle and we all loose in the end.
Jeff, Nick, Lewis, Scott S., Steve M, Adam, and all those i'm leaving out need to just load up and show up. i want 100 car fields that are nose to tail the entire race. i want a different leader every lap. i want the points to go down to the last race w/ a finish of 1 point difference between 1st and 100th. i want the hair to stand up on my neck when i talk about our weekend to my co-workers and family. i want 100's of people in the stands cheering us on. but not showing up is not going to get us there.
i want that post race hand shakes and laughs for 30 minutes after the each race.

hugs and kiss's and all that BS. hell if me and Eric can jab at each other on the net w/out me getting pissed, it must really be getting better.

AI#97
01-26-2007, 03:26 PM
i i want 100 car fields that are nose to tail the entire race. i want a different leader every lap. i want the points to go down to the last race w/ a finish of 1 point difference between 1st and 100th. i want the hair to stand up on my neck when i talk about our weekend to my co-workers and family. i want 100's of people in the stands cheering us on. but not showing up is not going to get us there.
i want that post race hand shakes and laughs for 30 minutes after the each race.

Glenn, Spec Miata is waiting for you brother!!!

As for not being there, I have two excuses, maybe 3...valid ones. I will add a 4th that you can read in Todd's state of the union if he posted where we can respond. Something along the lines of 7 days notice about 40 minute races....Guess I need to start looking for Ballast to cover the extra 24 minutes of fuel burn....and yes, the car will be close to min weight....even as it sits! :wink:

oz98cobra
01-26-2007, 03:31 PM
ROFLMAO, yeah, right. :roll: I'll never race American Sedan. There's a reason why I chose NASA instead of the other group and the cost/rules for ASedan are a big part of that decision. Like you said, you're missing this event not because of a protest but because the car isn't ready - so how does that equate to "something needs to change this year"??

I don't care if we have 4 or 20 cars take the green, either way will be ok with me. While I'd love a big field, a small one works too.

Who said anything about AS Mike - that ain't the only class with domestic vehicles in it! The AI car is not even close to eligible anyways?

What needs to change is AI fields with only a couple of starters, and that won't anytime soon unless we get back to growing the numbers at a reasonable rate.

It's NOT OK with me to have a field with of only 4 cars because we will either end up running around in a ragtag group with 16 other classes - or there won't be enough critical mass for NASA TX to continue to operate!

Mike Bell
01-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Car count in AI has always been a challenge. Up one event, down the next. High $$ and high attrition IMHO. You were here last year, you saw how many AI starters we had at each event.

The multi-class group happened even with a large AI/CMC crowd in October at MSRH.

GlennCMC70
01-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Glenn, Spec Miata is waiting for you brother!!!

As for not being there, I have two excuses, maybe 3...valid ones. I will add a 4th that you can read in Todd's state of the union if he posted where we can respond. Something along the lines of 7 days notice about 40 minute races....Guess I need to start looking for Ballast to cover the extra 24 minutes of fuel burn....and yes, the car will be close to min weight....even as it sits! :wink:

SPEC Miata will require you to have about $25-$30K in a car to run up front. sorry. had it not been for that, i'de have done it long ago as that was the only game in town.

your right about the 7 days notice. but were you waiting for it to become a 100% definate thing before you chased ballast? it was mentioned a while ago that this could be a possibility. i also have offered to bring ballast to the next event, or any event for that matter. its not lead, but its ballast and its free. your right about that type of info needing to be out much sooner. and i pushed, and pushed till i had to pull a low blow to get it out. i understand how important it is to get this type of info out. just think, you will not need to ask if its a 20 or a 40 for the rest of the year. you now know X months ahead of time. 1 of 4 excuses eliminated.

mitchntx
01-26-2007, 06:15 PM
I doubt I'll make a single NASA TX race this year.

Work and the racing schedule made the decision for me. I've let my NASA membership and racing license lapse. Not gonna pay for something I won't get to use.

Also, I have sponsor commitments. Performance Speedtek, Granbury Lube Center, SPR mobile detail don't have cutomers in Houston ...

I plan on making the Hallett event in May if we get out of the outage in time.

And I'll make as many MSR-C TDe events as I can.

Todd Covini
01-26-2007, 07:24 PM
There are other cars that will be there.
Not everyone is active on this board.

Keep the faith, guys!

-=- Todd

GlennCMC70
01-26-2007, 07:37 PM

Keep the faith, guys!

-=- Todd

well have them register here.

Mike Bell
01-28-2007, 07:35 AM

Keep the faith, guys!

-=- Todd

well have them register here.

The board has 101 registered users, and only about 25 of them are racers? Nice ratio.

GlennCMC70
01-28-2007, 09:42 AM
its probably a fear of being eatin' alive if they post a view not shared by another. :wink:

chicane23
01-28-2007, 11:16 AM
I would agree with you on that one Glenn.

Todd Covini
01-28-2007, 09:20 PM
I agree...we need to get away from the aggressive internet popping off at one another. I posted that in the SofU...and elsewhere. This website is supposed to be a tool to bring the group together....not drive folks away. :wink:

-=- Todd

mitchntx
01-29-2007, 07:16 AM
Understand. I'll stop posting

David Love AI27
01-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Car count in AI has always been a challenge. Up one event, down the next. High $$ and high attrition IMHO.

AMEN, BUTHA!!!! I went all the way to Hallett... broken axle... that weekend cost me over $500 for 3/4 lap... Blown engine at TWS... cost me over $4,000 (total will be close to 6K when I get the right motor) and still don't have car back together....

OH and by the way, I am doing everthing I can to help the #'s including bringing my daughter, son and cousin... If we each get a car going for this weekend the registration alone will be around $1,200!!!!!!! NO family or multi car discounts, thank you very much!!!!!

bossskip302
01-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Scott and will not be making the Houston event, my wifes sister is getting married in june and we are throwing a party at Colonial Country Club friday night...will cost me the price of a good used race car. We will be at the next event, been working to hard and need to see some old friends and meet some new ones
Ya'll have fun
Skip
Have to renew the 07 NASA stuff as well

GlennCMC70
01-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Skip, i sure hope you and Scott make more events in '07 that you did in '06.
see ya in March.

Todd Covini
01-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Skip,
We'll roast and toast you anyway at the banquet and hold your trophies until we see you again!

Your ears should start ringing around 7:45pm Saturday nite, there Champ!

-= Todd

oz98cobra
01-29-2007, 09:58 PM
So JG, what prompted you to ask the question? Don't suppose you are going to show up and race this year are you?

Hey John, did you miss this - or did you chose to ignor it? :wink:

bossskip302
02-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Glenn, thanks we will make it, Scott has a new F-450 08 Truck to haul our stuff around hes on top of the world...time goes to fast he's now 18 and been racing in NASA since he was 15....yekks
Skip

Boudy
02-01-2007, 02:17 PM
I'll be there doing the radio and sticker thing. I just got home last night after a couple weeks on the road and as I always cram on the week of the event to prep the car, I have nothing to drive.

Boudy

NASA13
02-01-2007, 11:53 PM
I just tried to get out and check the roads and I am afraid I wont make it. Watch the video. I just cant get the truck to go straight. safety first!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO4drDEOl5Y

jeffburch
02-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Jethro is gonna catch hell from Granny.
Treating her truck like that!
You might as well get a switch and wait in the wood shed.
She's gonna tan your hide.

jb

chicane23
02-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Good luck everyone!

Have fun and drive safe and we will see you at MSR-Cresson. ;-)