PDA

View Full Version : anyone got any good video from this past weekend?

GlennCMC70
02-06-2007, 10:11 AM
James, i need a copy of the R3 you have. i'm sure you had a good view of me and "The Varner". 8)

AllZWay
02-06-2007, 10:18 AM
James, i need a copy of the R3 you have. i'm sure you had a good view of me and "The Varner". 8)

Yes... It was a pretty good video of Todd's rear bumper cover. :D

But there is some good stuff in it.

My camera is a Sony MiniDV format and I tried cutting some of it last night, but for some reason there was no sound once it was in mpeg format.

Maybe you video guru's have an explanation or can tell me what I was doing wrong.

It uses a USB connection to download to the PC.

CMC17
02-06-2007, 10:52 AM
If NASA hadn't been right on schedule, I would have had time to get the camera mounted in the #18 car. :D

It would have been some very good and entertaining video. :P

AllZWay
02-06-2007, 11:01 AM
If NASA hadn't been right on schedule, I would have had time to get the camera mounted in the #18 car. :D

It would have been some very good and entertaining video. :P

That is why I didn't get video either.... I just didn't have time to get it put in. :)

y5e06
02-06-2007, 11:34 AM
I'd love to see MiMo's (#11) video of R2 since he apparently hung a tow strap between our cars for 95% of the race. I think my [other] mirror has a mustang image burned into it

macstang
02-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah Morgan, I have video of the back of your car for almost all of R1.

I need to get it off the SD card and post it.

donovan
02-06-2007, 10:56 PM
I have video of R3, but its all just open track... Hmm, is anyone going to come play with my in AI this year?

DD

cmarvel
02-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Careful what you wish for :wink:

donovan
02-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Well, I have to enjoy it while I can... Are you coming back?

Hmm, lets see... maybe I need to go wash my car... Hint Hint... 8)

cmarvel
02-08-2007, 12:19 PM
You never know, there is always the lottery!

marshall_mosty
02-08-2007, 12:56 PM
I have video of R3, but its all just open track... Hmm, is anyone going to come play with my in AI this year?

I tried... just need to keep the number of mistakes down and I'll be there!

donovan
02-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I had a blast racing with you, I kept watching my mirror thinking, man he is getting faster and faster... then you were right on my bumper for about three laps... It was awesome!

DD

GlennCMC70
02-16-2007, 08:35 AM
so, any footage anyone?

AllZWay
02-16-2007, 08:52 AM
so, any footage anyone?

I never could get mine off with sound....so I just gave up.

Boudy
02-16-2007, 10:11 AM
If you guys are interested, I can set up a permanemt page on the Argent Lab site with unlimited bandwidth to host videos.

Boudy

AllZWay
02-21-2007, 10:54 AM
If you guys are interested, I can set up a permanemt page on the Argent Lab site with unlimited bandwidth to host videos.

Boudy

That is pretty cool Boudy.... if I had any videos to post. :lol:

jeffburch
03-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Wow.
Some close tight racing this weekend!

My new camera setup includes a new mount, camera and filters.
It seems as though the polarizer filter I used for Sat races isn't a good match for the my old wide angle lens.
Sunday I won't use it but the colors won't be as nice.
The camera is a 500+ line dv in wide screen mode.
The mount is too low.
Just experimenting. Hopefully better tomorrow.
jb
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/R2_lowrez.wmv

Wirtz
03-04-2007, 03:09 AM
Wow is right. Looks like some great action, nice job to everyone.

Thanks for posting the video.

Jeff

jeffburch
03-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Got DiVX? www.divx.com for codec/player.
Better quality, half the size.
Race 3, lap 1. Only.
Just showing off the camera.

Marshall in his kerchief and I in my cap.....nap
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/R3L1_divx_HQ.avi

jb

Todd Covini
03-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Awesome race, Jeff (and all)! That was THE closest racing we've had in AI/CMC!!! Over 8 cars nose to tail...side by side...turn after turn. Very cool.

I liked how you waved to me on the front straight as you went by...and I waved back on the backside after going side by side for a while! :wink:

Whew! THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!!

-=- Todd

AllZWay
03-05-2007, 09:05 AM
I wished I could get my video off tape easily... There is some great shots of the rear of Jeff, Mike, Marshall, and Todd in there.

My wife said... "you sure do have a lot of faith in those guys to drive that close to them." :lol:

NASA13
03-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I wished I could get my video off tape easily... There is some great shots of the rear of Jeff, Mike, Marshall, and Todd in there.

My wife said... "you sure do have a lot of faith in those guys to drive that close to them." :lol:

Faith is right. That is my thought everytime Liebbe is on my quarter panel four inches away and sliding with me.
Lots o fun and great racing guys. I am very impressed with the precision this weekend.

GlennCMC70
03-05-2007, 10:25 AM
racing was great! R2 was the most exciting for me. got all the way up to 4th and then an off popped me back to somewhere way back and finished 8th. my worste finisha and the most fun race to date.

the schedule ran great too.

jeffburch
03-05-2007, 10:48 AM

JP, mail me your tapes.
I'll send them and digitized copies back to ya.

jb

Al Fernandez
03-05-2007, 11:44 AM
Awesome stuff...cant express how bad I wanted to be there, but this helps.

cjlmlml
03-05-2007, 11:54 AM
pix up on last page of gallery

Rob Liebbe
03-05-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who did a 3 to 2 "upshift" as Burch did in his video. I did the same thing in race 3 and it cost me dearly.

oz98cobra
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Watching from the pitwall on Saturday really made me miss CMC!

What great racing! And further testament to the standard that the CMC/TX group has risen to over the past year! There was a group of about 8-10 cars racing inches apart - nose to tail and side by side - in both of Saturday's races, with only a couple of very minor contacts (that were not apparent from the sidelines) the only incidents, and few spins and offtrack excursions.

At one stage, a spectator actually commented that one of the AI/CMC races was "unexciting" - obviously they were not a racer and did not appreciate the collective skill and experience required for a group that large to race so close together! Or perhaps it was because they were contrasting it with all the "action" in the other groups? We also watched the GPC/ASC and Spec Pinyata races - while it was great to see the car count up in the GPC/ASC group, they really looked like a bunch of rookies - perhaps because they are? I can't recall a race with so many rookie mistakes and spins, most of which were single car incidents, not even as a result from the pressure of hard racing? No doubt this group will improve over time, but clearly many of them could use a little more HPDE time? And despite there being half the cars compared to some of their large field races, several of the Spec miata guys got into each other big time on the first lap and took out about 4 cars - there was plenty of body damage and one looked bad enough to be totaled?

jeffburch
03-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Here's a another snippet from race 3.
CMC 201.
Guard the bottom and you'll leave room on the outside.

http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/R3_OutsidePass_MB_divx.avi

jb

AllZWay
03-12-2007, 02:07 PM
pix up on last page of gallery

Nice pictures... I copied a couple.

BTW.. Hart Photography photos are up.

http://hart-photography.com/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=1442

David... Did you or your wife get any good pictures from the race?[/url]

donovan
03-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Link to Photos in a Gallery
http://www.donovanracing.com/march-msrc/

or you can download them all 700 MB zip file.
donovanracing.com/MSRC March.zip

AllZWay
03-14-2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks David... I downloaded several pictures.

Rob Liebbe
03-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks to Holy for taking all of those.

donovan
03-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Yes, Holly deserves all the credit for those... She is awesome and a great sport for taking photos for us.

If anyone wants larger originals and does not want to download the 685 MB Zip file, just let me know. I can forward some via email

david at donovanracing dot com

jeffburch
03-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Thx HD for all those great shots!

Here's a cobbled together screen cap of me learning the line at RA.
The freeware screen cap pgm only caps 30 sec at a time.
So during the game I have to pay attention to and re-hit F9 to get another 30sec worth of recording. Then I edited them together to make a lap.
The game is GT Legends, and I'm using the clutch with H pattern shifting on the G25 pedal setup.
Converted to divx.
http://www.texicanracing.com/nasatx/JeffBurch/RA_game_divx.avi

If Denny Hamlin can do it (pole/win with only game practice -Pocono-'06) then I can.
jb

AllZWay
03-14-2007, 02:50 PM

So during the game I have to pay attention to and re-hit F9 to get another 30sec worth of recording. Then I edited them together to make a lap.
The game is GT Legends, and I'm using the clutch with H pattern shifting on the G25 pedal setup.
Converted to divx.

If Denny Hamlin can do it (pole/win with only game practice -Pocono-'06) then I can.
jb

JB...that is pretty cool. It might teach you everything, but it certainly would help you remember the track and basic line.

donovan
03-14-2007, 05:13 PM

Converted to divx.

jb

Hey Jeff... So how you going to do that... Learn the track in a Ford and win with a Chevy... somethings not right there...

DD

jeffburch
03-14-2007, 05:32 PM
:D I knew someone would point that out.
That or a 3rd gen Vette.
Trying to keep a car in the lap time range without a bunch of skin and mods nonsense.
In this case it has 2x power and 1/2 the tire.
Just playing, learning (preparing) and sharing.
jb