PDA

View Full Version : from the CCR - sportsmanship

GlennCMC70
02-14-2007, 03:30 PM
no particular reason to post this, just though it a good review for all our members here. no need to comment on this. just an FYI type post.
enjoy.

23.1 Participant Conduct - Expectations

It is expected that every participant and driver (entrant) at a NASA sanctioned event shall conduct themselves according to the highest standards of behavior and sportsmanship, particularly in their relationship with other drivers and Officials, and in a manner that shall not be detrimental to the reputation of NASA. Failure to do so may result in harsh penalties.

23.1.1 Good Sportsmanship

NASA considers good sportsmanship to be the very essence of the sport, and the basic foundation of any competition. Competitors are expected to hold the qualities of fairness, honesty, courtesy, and justice to be more important than the outcome of the race. Real sportsmen/women may have an intense desire to win, but not at all costs. A person that has won by cheating, or by any means less than honorable, has simply found a way to acquire a trophy, but not a victory. The actual winner is the true sportsman/woman that might go home with nothing in his/her hands, yet his/her heart is overflowing with satisfaction. This satisfaction comes from understanding that the value of winning is not found in a trophy, but rather in the sheer pleasure of playing the sport with honesty, fairness, and integrity. This affords total fulfillment during times of introspection, and validates that fulfillment by earning valuable respect from fellow competitors. NASA will demonstrate its commitment to good sportsmanship by rewarding the driver that displays the most outstanding acts of sportsmanship each season. There will be a trophy presentation and prizes for the person chosen as the recipient of the “Best Sportsmanship” award at the season banquet (regionally).

23.1.2 Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Any unsportsmanlike conduct, on any scale, is not welcome at NASA events. Acts of unsportsmanlike conduct have many forms such as arguing, yelling, intimidation, aggressive physical contact, and losing without grace. Other forms are willfully using non-performance technicalities to hurt another competitor’s point standings to the benefit of one’s own, “sandbagging,” and failing to report a mistake in scoring that benefits themselves. No form of unsportsmanlike conduct will be tolerated at any NASA event. Competitors that show poor sportsmanship due to a mistake in judgment will be educated, and punished if necessary. However, competitors that commit repeated acts of unsportsmanlike conduct cannot be educated; therefore expulsion is most likely the only remedy.

dirwin
02-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Glenn,

Here, here!

Bottle of you choice will be delivered to you at the Cresson event in March. PM me your flavor of choice.

Dave

donovan
02-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Good post Glenn!

GlennCMC70
02-14-2007, 06:22 PM
David gets the credit for this one.
thanks just the same.

Boudy
02-15-2007, 10:17 PM
I can't find the section about JM tantrums on grid or do franchise owners get a pardon? :lol: :roll:

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Boudy

Adam Ginsberg
02-17-2007, 01:40 AM
I can't find the section about JM tantrums on grid or do franchise owners get a pardon? :lol: :roll:

Based on past experience, they do.

bossskip302
02-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Did I miss something?

Boudy
02-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Nah, not really. As I read "23.1.2 Unsportsmanlike Conduct" in the post above, I was thinking wow, I wonder what NASA would do if one of us carried on that way. Then I remembered hearing about a couple of the legendary tantrums thrown by the man himself. Anyhow, I just tossed it in as some dry humor, that's all.

Boudy

donovan
02-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Did I miss something?

No, nothing actually prompted this, Glenn and I had swapped a few emails about something else and this topic came up. I had sent it to him just as a reference to something else... he posted it here, and it was a great idea.

All of us need to step back and think about it before the next event. I am just as competitve as the next guy, and I am just as guilty...

I'm here to have fun, and want to keep it fun.

Hope to see you in March!!
DD