PDA

View Full Version : I need to clear up a couple rumors

mitchntx
02-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Glenn and I were chatting and the subject of why I'm not racing this year came up. Glenn knows why, but there seems to be some rumor and supposition, all based on timing.

Well it is about timing ... just not timing as it pertains to NASA-Tx.

I lost my Dad in late 2000 to cancer, my favorite aunt in 2003 to cancer, my biological mom to emphysema in 2003, my brother in 2005 and my step dad in late 2005. My adopted mom is all I have left and she is currently in a nursing home, barely able to recognize me when I go visit.

All through this, my wife of 28 years has been right there, supporting me and my family without ever, ever complaining. She has worked herself almost to illness for a family she didn't grow up with, rather inherited.

When we finally got my mom into a safe place, I told her that I would take her on a nice vacation as partial payment for what she has been to me.

So, I stopped racing last year after Hallett in order to pay for the vacation.

I had planned on taking my car to Nationals, but issues came up and a work schedule interfered.

This year, the plant where I work, is shutting down to accomplish a major over-haul. It starts Feb 24 and should end sometime in early May. I work Health Physics and Communication. My shift begins at 3am and will work till about 9am, 7 days a week for the duration.

So, that basically killed the season for me as I'm not running at MSR-H ever again. I consider the track just too dangerous.

So, I'm not racing because of several things ... work schedule, family commitments and the scheduled track on my open dates.

I hope that clears up any rumors or curiosity that might be floating around.

Peace>Out