PDA

View Full Version : May Enduro?

Wirtz
03-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Anyone planning to go to the May enduro at TMS with SCCA? I am thinking a CMC car could run under the ITE class but this needs to be checked with the powers that be at SCCA. If not ITE then the cars could run under SP, though if a real SP car showed up it would be a slaughter. For that matter, I think an AI car could run under the SP class.

http://www.texasscca.org/scca_sunburn_07.html

Jeff

jeffburch
03-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Didn't think they recognized our (NASA) licensing.
We do theirs, but they don't ours.

jb

Wirtz
03-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Good point. Easy for me tho as I kept my SCCA current as well.

Still, with all the talk on this forum about running enduros, SWDiv SCCA is now running 2 enduro's a year, this 3 hour at TMS and then a 6 hour in November. Just thinking out loud.

Jeff

jeffburch
03-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Cool, I see.
I thought you also had to maintain it with a minimum participation of X events each year.
jb

Wirtz
03-29-2007, 02:09 AM
Yeah, you do. I think it is 2 regionals a year to maintain a regional license. If you run both enduro's each year that is covered. I'm not sure if they give "bonus" credit for running an enduro compared to just a regular race weekend...

GlennCMC70
03-29-2007, 07:36 AM
no V-8 cars allowed in ITE in this region.

Boudy
03-29-2007, 10:48 AM
I just spoke with Reb Folbre, Competition Licensing Director for the SCCA Texas Region, and here's the skinny:

SCCA Membership and SCCA Medical will get you a Novice Permit.

Car must be inspected and approved by SCCA inspector.(local guy is in Weatherford)

SCCA Approved School completion. Scott Stephens runs an approved school at Hallett so we may be able to pull some strings to get a certificate.(sshhh!!!)

With the above completed and a NASA Liscence(which to them mearly proves W2W experience) the Chief Stewart may consider a waiver to issue a Provisional Regional License.

Boudy

Adam Ginsberg
03-29-2007, 11:43 AM
I just spoke with Reb Folbre, Competition Licensing Director for the SCCA Texas Region, and here's the skinny:

SCCA Membership and SCCA Medical will get you a Novice Permit.

Car must be inspected and approved by SCCA inspector.(local guy is in Weatherford)

SCCA Approved School completion. Scott Stephens runs an approved school at Hallett so we may be able to pull some strings to get a certificate.(sshhh!!!)

With the above completed and a NASA Liscence(which to them mearly proves W2W experience) the Chief Stewart may consider a waiver to issue a Provisional Regional License.

Nice work, Boudy.

However, while we may be able to handle the licensing, the fact remains that the SCCA does not permit V8's in ITE in this region. At least, as of a year or so ago when several of us posed the question to Mike Patterson ( he raced T2 for several years with his 4th gen Camaro ).

GlennCMC70
03-29-2007, 12:53 PM
SCCA Approved School completion.

i have a problem w/ this part.
not that i dont have alot to learn, but i shouldnt have to attend a school to get a comp license w/ the SCCA. i have enough documentation to prove this is not required, as many of you guys here too.

NASA13
03-29-2007, 04:48 PM
It has nothing to do with your/our ability and everything to do with politics.

Rob Liebbe
03-29-2007, 08:23 PM
I seem to remember that SCCA requires a Fuel Safe fuel cell in Mustangs. Better check with SCCA tech first.

Liscensing crossover will also be a problem.

Maybe we could get Misty and Martin to hold a privateer enduro?

Wirtz
03-29-2007, 09:02 PM
I don't really want to get into the SCCA vs NASA thing. From the point of view of a customer looking to have fun with a car both clubs need to be smart about getting people to come out. I was thinking a few more might have dual memberships like I do but guess I was wrong.

As for ITE and V8's, the rule as written actually states a displacement limit of 3 liters.
http://www.sowdivscca.org/rules.aspx
When I was running ITS, I heard the idea behind that limit on the larger cars were a concern from the brakes as the rules also state the car conforms to IT rules, which requires stock brakes only. No matter, what catches my eye is:
"Suitability of any car for ITE is subject to the approval of the Chief Steward and Chief Scrutineer."
Personally I think a CMC car fits into the ITE structure very well. And it looks like it has been done before in this region. Check the picture of the Camaro on the top left of the Lone Star Regions webpage. That mix of cars shown must be from an enduro.
http://www.lonestarscca.org/

Anyway, I'm going back to focus on just getting my stupid car finished...

Jeff