PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Team.NET Mustang video available for download...

gt40
04-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Anyone remember the Team.Net Video?

I just unearthed my copy last night while throwing out a bunch of old VHS tapes.

I digitized it this morning.

This thing dates from 1992 or thereabouts and has Scott Griffith, Brian St.Denis, and several other guys narrating hot laps, showing off their track whores, and other interesting stuff...

http://www.texicanracing.com/Galleries/Videos/team_net.wmv

This is a low resolution preview -- about 71MB (it is 82 minutes long, after all.) Since this was taken from a second or third-generation VHS tape, the quality of the source material has suffered somewhat. I need to spend some quality time with it and see if I can't improve the quality -- the video is somewhat washed-out.

Expect the full-size final to be BIG -- somewhere over 500MB.

Todd Covini
04-25-2007, 11:35 PM
I don't know any of these guys.
Where are they now?

-=- T

gt40
04-26-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't know any of these guys.
Where are they now?

-=- TProbably the most well-known of them is Scott Griffith. He was an early pioneer in getting a Mustang to survive on a race track. He's registered on Corner Carvers as "Skod". You can also google that. He was Chief Steward for NorCal SAAC up until about 2-3 years ago. He wrote "Building the Perfect Pony".

Brian St. Denis got his start in the Dallas area. Bud Sharp, David Schwarze, Dave Fincik, and Mark Bettin all know him. (Schwarze owns the '93 GT that St.Denis was driving in the video.) Last I heard, brian has moved up to Denver. He got me started in all this silliness.

The rest of the guys were from the old Fordnatics, and 50Mustangs and RRAX-Mustangs lists.

This was all pre-NASA, when pretty much the only game in town for Mustangs was HPDE (Unless you wanted to go ITE or AS in the SCCA.)