PDA

View Full Version : post TWS - wow.

GlennCMC70
04-29-2007, 09:48 PM
i had a good weekend. lots of bad luck all around. Todd and the Flying Rangers trying to win practice......... :roll:
hope you can fix it.

NASA13
04-30-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm Tired.
Definitely worst weekend I have ever had. Still fun though.(at times)
Great hanging out with everyone. Congrats to Glenn for some good clean racing and proctor and Wirtz for giving some great racing all weekend.
I was too tired to drive well ,in the few moments my car wasnt at 270 degrees. I will be ready for Hallett.
I cant wait to pull my heads off again.
BIG thanks needs to go out to Donovan for being a real trooper when he was as tired as me, helping me ALL night with my car. What a pal. Next time I would like to ride inside the truck on the way home please.
Also thanks to Todd for chipping in and Michael. Cant forget Al with some valuable ford advice. Dont overtighten those intakes guys. 14 lb ft
Very sad to see the damage to Todd's car.
Todd I will give you my 1985 convertible chassis if it will help. I just wanted the tranny anyway.
Great stories anyway and great friends.
Thanks
see ya at Hallett

Al Fernandez
04-30-2007, 07:55 AM
Its definitely a toss up for the hard luck award between Todd and Corey. Lots of mechanicals this weekend too: two trannies, two panhard bar mounts, two flat tires...crazy.

Outside of that, I think the group had a great weekend. The racing was excellent with very little difference in lap times across the field.

One of the non AI/CMC drivers that was in our garage commented to me on Sunday how he wished his group was like ours. :D

jeffburch
04-30-2007, 08:15 AM
race 1 lap 1, from the cheap seats

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/Vids/07_TWS_R1_Lap1.wmv

jb

Rob Liebbe
04-30-2007, 09:39 AM
More info please.

What happened to Todd?

What was Corey's major malfunction (other than mental) ?

Who's white fox-body was in the video?

Sorry I wasn't there.

GlennCMC70
04-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Todd was going for your distance award and ended up w/ an altitude award. it was measured to be 35 ft or so distance wise, but he jumped over a road in doing so. car is banged up. possibly suspension parts and a K-member needing replacement. there is now a Covini Ln there off turn 6 - just go straight. :wink:
Jeff Brooks had a newly converted AI car in CMC. not sure if he had a good time or what. he should post up.

donovan
04-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I will let Todd explain the details...

Rob Liebbe
04-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Hooray for Brooks. I forgot he was making the switch. Seems like Bell had some adjusting to do when he switched but seemed to really enjoy CMC after a while.

OK - you guys may exceed my distance/jumping skills, but without proper video editing from Lewis Tanner, you will NEVER be as famous. So just stop trying.

Todd, I know a good frame alignment guy. Or maybe its time to build the AIV car!!!!!

rpoz27
04-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I had great fun. Car felt much better and it showed in R1. Also, I really appreciate no one tagging me in R2 Lap 1 at Covini Corner when my fuel pump cut out. Big thanks to everyone who helped get it limping along for R3.

donovan
04-30-2007, 10:41 AM
Todd, I know a good frame alignment guy. Or maybe its time to build the AIV car!!!!!

It's going to need some time on a frame machine...!!! or a new chassis.

I suggest a hardtop this time around.
DD

donovan
04-30-2007, 10:45 AM
I had a great time in AI, we had three cars that were running within a second of each other, I think the Q2 Sunday we were all three with in .8 tenths...

Capps and Littleton, I had a blast this weekend... Congrats on your wins! I just wish I could have finished the 40 minute race... then we all three might have had wins this weekend! That would have been awesome!

I will get the car back for the next round! See you then.
DD

Rob Liebbe
04-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Does this mean Todd will be split-timing the rest of the season in Al's Camaro?

michaelmosty
04-30-2007, 11:21 AM
The weekend was sweet and sour for me.
We had some nice tight racing at the beginning of R1 with many positions being swapped, most were me going backwards. :oops: Then a flat front left tire ended my race on lap 5.
R2 had me starting at the front b/c of the dnf and I held my position on lap 1 until everyone checked up in the carousel and I drove off track going to last place. The remainder of R2 had great racing with Procter and Boudy, what a blast!!!
R3 on Sunday had awesome racing with Boudy, Proctor, and Wirtz until tranny problems ended my day on lap 13.

All in all it was an awesome time with everyone and a great safe weekend. Great driving by all going through a tight T1 at speed!!!

P.S. I like to think that the big ass on my Mustang helped Al to his track record setting 1:59.0XX as he flew past me on the straight. 8)

I hope to see everyone in Houston.

j3ffbrooks
04-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Any day on the track is a good day.

I did have a good time though.....

A few problems kept me from keeping up with the pace which included brake booster, steering, and tires. I ordered tires from Vilven a week and a half in advance and still didn't get them in time. The car did well overall, but of course there is still some sorting to do.

I am going to miss racing with you guys the rest of the year. I hope the CA racers aren't a bunch of wankers.

:)

GlennCMC70
04-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Al set fast lap whn i passed him for the lead and he drafted me down the straight a lap later.

Al Fernandez
04-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Al set fast lap whn you passed him for the lead and he drafted you down the straight two laps later.

Now go change your sig will ya? :wink:

GlennCMC70
04-30-2007, 01:05 PM
one lap, two laps...... whats the difference. it was w/ my help. :D

BryanL
04-30-2007, 06:32 PM
I had a real good time this weekend. I really enjoyed the garage scene and hanging out with everyone. Todd, I still feel really bad about our trip. Hope that the frame isn't too bad and can be bent back in shape. I would hate to hear that the Ranger is finished. Definitely too much carnage over the weekend, but I still saw some good racing. I really learned a lot this weekend and appreciate everyone putting up with my questions-JB.
Thanks to Mitch and Glenn for helping me on the way home with tires and tire pressures. You guys have been great to me.
Hope to see everyone in H-town.

Bryan

Wirtz
04-30-2007, 07:57 PM
race 1 lap 1, from the cheap seats

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/Vids/07_TWS_R1_Lap1.wmv

jb

Ack! Someone can retitle that clip "how to go from first to the back in one poor gear selection". Talk about a lesson for me, I hate lessons....

Great racing all weekend though from my point of view. I got some good in car from Sunday and will try to post it assuming I can go find my old video capture card and get it working.

Many thanks to everyone for the warm welcome into the series, we felt right at home with the group.

Jeff

chris-CMC#35
04-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Question from the Rocky Mtn division: it looks like someone is driving an orange SN95 in the group - can't tell if it's CMC or AI. Who copied my car? :)

-chris

Todd Covini
04-30-2007, 08:49 PM
There were 3 out there this weekend, Chris.

1) You're old friend Casas in an HPDE car.
2) Skip's old car now driven by David Kersch. It was converted to AI & 400HP, but forced to run the stock Bondurant motor this weekend due to the big motor going kaplooey.
3) Another HPDE B-car whom I never did connect with.

-=- Todd

jeffburch
04-30-2007, 08:58 PM
R2L1

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/Vids/07_TWS_R2_Lap1.wmv

jb

jeffburch
04-30-2007, 09:26 PM
just a clip 001
http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/Vids/07_TWS_practice_clip001.wmv
clip002
http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/Vids/07_TWS_practice_clip002.wmv
jb

I may not have everyone, my apologies in advance

GlennCMC70
04-30-2007, 11:49 PM
thanks Jeff.

Wirtz
05-01-2007, 12:50 AM
just a clip 001
http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/Vids/07_TWS_practice_clip001.wmv

Was that really the noise the tire made or is that a sound clip? Kinda funny sounding tires ya got there....

Thanks for posting all the videos, it's cool to see the cars from the outside for a change.

Jeff

jeffburch
05-01-2007, 05:07 AM
Actual sound. Those tires are special though. They were mine and I sold them to Rob't. :P
jb

clip 003
http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/Vids/07_TWS_practice_clip003.wmv

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/Vids/07_TWS_practice_clip004.wmv

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/Vids/07_TWS_practice_clip005.wmv

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/Vids/07_TWS_practice_clip006.wmv

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/Vids/07_TWS_practice_clip007.wmv

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/Vids/07_TWS_practice_clip008.wmv

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/Vids/07_TWS_practice_WS_spin.wmv

AllZWay
05-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Sorry just now chiming in.... I had a tough day on the golf course yesterday with work. :D

I had a great time and some really close racing.

I had some tranny issues and was limited to only 4th gear on the front straight and couldn't keep it matted without banging the rev limiter and making the car run hot, but overall still a good weekend.

Now I just have to pull that tranny and get it fixed before Houston.

Big apologies to Boudy... I over drove corner 5 I believe it was and he had to bail out to avoid contact and that cost him badly as a result of my poor driving. :cry:

I think Glenn needs to start adding rewards weight. :P

GlennCMC70
05-01-2007, 08:08 AM

i already do. hell i came off after the 20 minute race @ 3240 and after the 40 i was 3230 (added ballast). what more do you want? :wink:

AllZWay
05-01-2007, 08:14 AM

i already do. hell i came off after the 20 minute race @ 3240 and after the 40 i was 3230 (added ballast). what more do you want? :wink:

At least 200 lbs. more. :P

Al Fernandez
05-01-2007, 11:07 AM
200# isnt enough. That would only make him 100# heavier than mine! He needs about 300# extra. Maybe he should just carry Mitch as a passenger. :shock:

Wirtz
05-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Yeah, cool, like a tail gunner!

mitchntx
05-01-2007, 11:55 AM
200# isnt enough. That would only make him 100# heavier than mine! He needs about 300# extra. Maybe he should just carry Mitch as a passenger. :shock:

I expected more from a series director.

Todd Covini
05-01-2007, 07:53 PM

I expected more from a series director.

Mitch...I would never have stooped so low. :wink:

Boudy
05-01-2007, 08:39 PM
I had a great weekend and would like to thank everyone. Especially JB for pushing me to go through my car. After weeks of work, this was the first event since Hallett where I felt like my car was competitive. The driver... that's another story.

AF, sorry to serve your first taste of Texas in the form of a dent in R1. I'm pretty sure you set that record trying to get the heck away from my car.

JW, welcome to the group. I didn't see a dry eye in the paddock when your wife swept the stall while you were at the scales. :wink:

TC, sorry for your misfortune. Call me if there is anything I can do to help.

Big apologies to Boudy... I over drove corner 5 I believe it was and he had to bail out to avoid contact and that cost him badly as a result of my poor driving. :cry: :P
No worries buddy, I would have blown it on my own soon enough... :oops:

Boudy

dcapps
05-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Guys, I had a fun weekend running with Donovan and Littleton. You guys are fast and since I'm the old guy, I really had to step up! Let's get that car count up, it will be even more fun.

jeffburch
05-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Did anyone post this one yet?
jb

http://www.argentlab.com/nasatx/jeff/pics/07_TWS%20002_sm.jpg

Al Fernandez
05-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Damn, from that angle with the glare its pretty tough to make out what the heck this thing is! :lol:

GlennCMC70
05-03-2007, 05:09 PM
think "Keemosabie". :wink:

Rob Liebbe
05-03-2007, 09:49 PM
I was thinking Tijuana or Nuevo Laredo. 8)

donovan
05-04-2007, 08:05 AM
The last time I went to a Pick-n-Pull Salvage Yard, I got to ride around in the yards 'parts chaser'... it looked better than Todd car in that photo...

DD

BryanL
05-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Todd any update on the frame? Last night my wife finally saw the bruises from the straps and asked "did you have a wreck, do I need to go look at your car". Just replied its from the straps and I had them last time out. She said I wasn't bruised like that or I just did a better job of hiding them. No worries.
My engine is out and I may know the cause of the noise this weekend.

Hey Mosty thanks again for being brave enough to let me ride shotgun after my trip down Covini Lane.

Boudy-glad to hear you like the car. You were really running strong out there.
I'm with Capps in trying to get the car count up and I will try to help that soon. Maybe Houston but more than likely the last event and then make the full season next year.

Bryan "Crash Dummie for hire"

donovan
05-04-2007, 09:27 AM
I'm not sure how to get the car count up higher, but there seems to be alot less bitching and alot more fun going on around there these days...

Maybe that will help things out a bit... 8)

DD

GlennCMC70
05-04-2007, 09:31 AM
lyons said he would eb @ H-town. so add him in. i predict someone gets Pedersons car to H-town. Matt should have his pile together by then. if all the other guys who have showed up show, and these guys show, AI will have a nice field.
i' also hoping alot of our CMC guys show up. Morgan? Rob? Lewis? Adam? new owner of the #17? Steve? Mitch?

Todd Covini
05-04-2007, 10:36 AM
I've been off the boards and busy at work.
I haven't touched a thing yet...the truck/trailer is still loaded with my crap since I parked it on the side of the house Sunday nite.

I've had lots of conversations on options going forward but won't know more until after the car goes to the frame shop next week (hopefully) for an assessment.

I'll start a new thread titled "Mr. Todd's Wild Ride" this weekend with the full NTSB report on my incident, complete with expert (me ;-) analysis and photos. (I'm sure that'll be friendly fodder for the "accident reconstructionists" in the crowd.)

Regarding car count...don't worry about it. We've got a great series...lots of new folks already and more coming. Those that want to race in AI/CMC will come. For every person leaving, there's another one inquiring about joining. We'll have highs and lows over the years, but the base series package has been around for over 10 years and proven sustainable.

Talk to you guys this weekend and keep the faith!!!

-=- Todd

marshall_mosty
05-04-2007, 11:36 AM
I'll have my car at H-town in June. I'll be sporting some new bLiNg and more weight savings... sub 2800 is a safe bet now. Ballast, here I come!

It's going to suck to have to choke my torque down to less that CMC spec. 8)

macstang
05-05-2007, 02:17 AM
Todd, I can fix that in 10 days. wait....thats before I moved accross the world.

Looks like TWS was alot of fun. Is the horse count going down?

Sorry for the bad luck Corey and Michael. Glenn..so ya won 3 races, big deal.

Congrats all.

NASA13
05-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Just get your ass back to the states so we can go racing! car count is not so good , looks like a 20+ car field for CMC AI at Hallett though! Wish you were here. Be careful

David Love AI27
05-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I've been off the boards and busy at work.
I haven't touched a thing yet...the truck/trailer is still loaded with my crap since I parked it on the side of the house Sunday nite.

I've had lots of conversations on options going forward but won't know more until after the car goes to the frame shop next week (hopefully) for an assessment.

I'll start a new thread titled "Mr. Todd's Wild Ride" this weekend with the full NTSB report on my incident, complete with expert (me ;-) analysis and photos. (I'm sure that'll be friendly fodder for the "accident reconstructionists" in the crowd.)

Regarding car count...don't worry about it. We've got a great series...lots of new folks already and more coming. Those that want to race in AI/CMC will come. For every person leaving, there's another one inquiring about joining. We'll have highs and lows over the years, but the base series package has been around for over 10 years and proven sustainable.

Talk to you guys this weekend and keep the faith!!!

-=- Todd

Your engine hoist is still safe and sound in my shop, if you need me to bring it to you just holla... I'm gonna get off my ass tomorrow and get a junked 305 assembled and in the 27 car this week...

as for car count, I hate not being able to join you guys but money has run out for the LiiR team... The 10 car needs $1500 to be legal and even more to be competitive... I have parts to get the 27 car on track but still not as fast as the top 4 ro 5 CMC cars, nevermind the AI guys.... Jason has been setting good lap times in the Neon but I might scrap the Spec Neon project and focus on getting back with you guys...