Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introdution and New guy for AI

Junior Member Rookie
    Thanks for the point in this direction Mitch. We would have signed up sooner but Morgan and I went Ca. to finish up the sprint car deal. Everybody here seems like a good group of guys and we are really looking forward to running the car. Morgan keeps bugging me to let him take the GTO out to a guys track in Austin.... Geees this kid won't give me a seconds rest LOL

y5e06 I live in Cedar Creek, I kinda hide out here with my horses

Kim

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    not sure what your plans are w/ the cage (NASCAR door bars are not a problem) but myself and Mitch are able to build you a cage. i'm not 100% up on the limitations of an AI cage, but i'm sure it wouldnt be a problem.

www.LAWMotorsports.net
    here is a shot of the last one we put together for a 3rd gen.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Le Baron
    Thanks for the point in this direction Mitch. We would have signed up sooner but Morgan and I went Ca. to finish up the sprint car deal.
    You were only gonna get 2 answers over there on Tech.

"When you race you actually turn?"

and

"Call Sam"

... Morgan and I went Ca. to finish up the sprint car deal.

... y5e06 ...
    2 Morgans ... :roll:

Everybody here seems like a good group of guys and we are really looking forward to running the car.
    Haven't met Corey, Todd, Al or Burch yet, I see.

Morgan keeps bugging me to let him take the GTO out to a guys track in Austin.... Geees this kid won't give me a seconds rest LOL
    Damn kids. I used to own 2 teenagers.

Surprisingly enough, given enough electro-shock therapy, they can become real, productive people.

I kinda hide out here with my horses
    Kim
    You and Skip should get along famously ...

Did I read your post correctly ... we'll see you at TWS in August?

Junior Member Rookie
    Glen, Thats the bar type I was looking to use in the camaro. Its the side or door bars I want to use. I don't know if in AI I can tie into the front shock towers or not but basically that the bar style. Sounds like we may need to talk

Kim

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Welcome to the group!!!

The Austin gang is getting bigger and bigger!!!

Looking forward to meeting you!

David D.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mitch and myself will see you at TWS in a couple weeks (Aug 4-5). i think we will both be there on friday early.

Junior Member Rookie
    Mitch, Yes we will be at TWS in August to look and learn. Shannon wanted us to run the HPDE class with an instructor but time will be very short.

Kim

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Mitch, Yes we will be at TWS in August to look and learn. Shannon wanted us to run the HPDE class with an instructor but time will be very short.

Kim
    FRESH MEAT!!!! :twisted: Welcome!

To answer your question about tying into the front shock towers, the answer is yes. One thing you will find is the AI rules are a fairly WIDE open set of rules but just stay smart and ask questions when you think you might be straying from the INTENT. I sense a brew ha ha starting in the AI rules set for 08' so be careful, sign up and monitor the national forums and be smart with the build. I don't forsee you going into "crackhead" territory so soon but you never know what might get regulated not legal next year....though I don't see you putting a ford motor in that car so you will probably be safe. :wink:

Keys are getting the weight down...you already know that and then seat time doing what we do. HPDE is a MUST so you start seeing our courses at speed and work toward your license requirements. I am sure the former dirt racers in this group can help with the transition and there are several!!!

When it comes to F-bodies, Glenn and Mitch are your boys. I am sure they are just chomping at the bit to get a fast F-bod up on the podium in AI....Mustangs sort of need the company! :wink:

Again, Welcome and if you guys make it to TWS feel free to stop in and ask questions....just beware of Covini if he has the wig on!!!

MW
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Glen, Thats the bar type I was looking to use in the camaro. Its the side or door bars I want to use. I don't know if in AI I can tie into the front shock towers or not but basically that the bar style. Sounds like we may need to talk

Kim
    AI can tie the shock towers to the main cage, no problem.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Welcome Kim & Morgan!
    I've been "Comcasted" and unable to get on the forum from home this week! If there's anything you need, (most) of the folks here can help you or contact one of your Series Directors!

David Donovan (AI)
    Todd Covini (AI)
    Al Fernandez (CMC)
    Glenn Landrum (CMC)

All four of us can help with anything AI/CMC, but at least you know where some of the official words are coming from. (Careful of that "Mitch" cat.)

LOL....the important part is that we're all about FUN...so look forward to seeing you at TWS!!!

-=- Todd Covini
    American Iron Series - National Director