Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please watch the Disney Channel tonight ( 26 August )!!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar

Please watch the Disney Channel tonight ( 26 August )!!

As some of you know ( and some of you may not ) my 16yo son, Seth, is an actor. Has been since the 4th grade. For those of you with kids, and are fortunate enough to have teachers that really care about their students.....listen to them.

He's auditioned for many roles, scored one in an indie movie that fell apart over financials, etc. Late last year, he was asked to put something on tape for Disney. We did....and didn't hear back until late Dec. His DFW agent told us we had to be in Austin in January for a callback. He nailed the part, and we stayed for a week so he could rehearse and film two episodes. A few months later, we were called to go back to Austin for two weeks to film 13 more episodes.

It's an interstitial ( short, 3-5 minute episodes ) called, "As The Bell Rings". It's a lower budget Disney production, shot with a single camera, few angles, filmed thru a window ( prop ), with 6 kids, about the stuff that goes on between classes in school. Based on a Italian Disney project called "Quelli dell'Intervallo". It's done well in Italy, well in Spain, Austrailia, but bombed in the UK because they changed the formula ( please discount all reviews of the UK project ). It's been advertised on The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, and a many others.

During the premier of High School Musical 2 over a week ago, they started showing promos of the show. They've been on all week long.

So...if you have school aged kids from ~8-15, please have them watch the Disney channel on 26 August @ 7:25pm and 7:55pm CT ( 8:25/8:55 ET/PT ). If your kids like it, and want to see more, please, please, please - email/write to Disney and tell them how they feel!!!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i'll be sure and put a bag over my dish. :P

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    That is great, Adam.

I know it's a struggle for your family to accommodate this rare opportunity for Seth.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    That is great, Adam.

I know it's a struggle for your family to accommodate this rare opportunity for Seth.
    oh sure, take the high road w/ Adam, but if it was Todd - cat pics out the wazoo........ :roll:

Senior Member Grass-Passer macstang's Avatar
    My 10 year old said that she will be watching tonight, she knows the show that you are talking about! Congrats for your son!

Cathie MacNeil
    Jerry
    Team Warhorse-Bishop/MacNeil
    CMC Mustang #44
    Red 1993 Mustang TTB # 15

>>>>RETIRED-PENDING OVERSEAS TOUR<<<<

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    My 8 yr old daughter pointed out the commercials to me and I in turn pointed out Seth to my daughter.

The premiere is apparently highly anticipated within the 3rd Grade circles!

We'll be watching tonight.

-=- Todd

PS- Let it go, Glenn....Let it go. :wink:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Adam,
    I'll be wathing with my kiddos. Pass on my congrats to Seth. Hard work and determination pay off for more people than just Glenn. 8)
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty
    Adam,
    I'll be wathing with my kiddos. Pass on my congrats to Seth. Hard work and determination pay off for more people than just Glenn. 8)
    hard work starts in 2009! :twisted:

Adam knows we are all happy to see Seth doing well in an industry thats really hard to get into.

i always say, if you cantbe famous yourself, have your kids make you famous. :P

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    That is great, Adam.

oh sure, take the high road w/ Adam, but if it was Todd - cat pics out the wazoo........ :roll:
    I LIKE Adam ....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby