Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What brand cordless impact?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What brand cordless impact?

Also where is the best place to purchase? I don't want to have to mess with air to change wheels. Any ideas?

Jerry

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Goodyear.
    Pepboys.
    24V.
    $80
    1 yr. warranty
    Extra batteries $40.

Highly recommended.

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Don't buy an "off" brand... I bought on and it only lasted 1 season... I bit the bullet and bought Craftsman... big bucks but 3 year warranty... of course the one Burch recomended is a 1/3rd of the price of craftsman so you could buy 3 and break even...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Snap On has a 32V unit coming out soon.
    Dewalt has the 28V stuff.
    Mitch has the Dewalt 18V and its bad ass. he's had it for a few years now and loves it.

but, you should consider a Nitrogen bottle for the trailer. i have one and it lasts me all season no problem. costs $20 to fill and it never need to be charged. i only use it to run tools and move air pressures around 1-2 lbs in the tires. plus if you run nitrogen in your tires, this makes it even a better option.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffburch
    Goodyear.
    Pepboys.
    24V.
    $80
    1 yr. warranty
    Extra batteries $40.

Highly recommended.

jb

I bought this one. Could not get past the $79.00 net price after rebate. I have it charging now on my desk. I read many post on other forums and this one is the best bang for the buck. We will see.

Jerry

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    I plan on going in at the 11th hour and getting a replacement.
    Some excuse about it being weak or such.

I've learned to do this with printers after being burned 3 times.

I have a red ass for cheap chinese made crap these days.

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Since early 2006, I've used a Dewalt 18v unit. Batteries will last an entire weekend, even with heavy usage. No need to break the lugs loose prior to using the impact - it'll get free every time. Use it on the race car, trailer, tow vehicle, wife's SUV, etc. AAMOF, I rarely use my air gun at home anymore....the cordless is more convenient.

Picked up the complete kit - impact gun, drill, 2 batteries, charger, and a bag for $300. It wasn't as inexpensive as the unit JB mentions, but there are times you get what you pay for.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Father's Day 2001 my wife and kids gave me a kit with DeWalt 18V 1/2" and 3/8" drive impacts.

I've gone through a basket full of batteries ... $20 on eBay ... and they just keep working like new.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I have had a 3/8" cordeless impact from Jegs for several years. Battery needs replacing now and the fwd/rev swith is touchy now. It's been worth the $100.
    They have a special on a 1/2" drive 18V Lithium for $150. Is there something special about the lithium battery?
    http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/80795/10002/-1

Any others to check out? Any updates on the Goodyear one at Pepboys? Can't find it online.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ginsberg
    Since early 2006, I've used a Dewalt 18v unit. Batteries will last an entire weekend, even with heavy usage. No need to break the lugs loose prior to using the impact - it'll get free every time. Use it on the race car, trailer, tow vehicle, wife's SUV, etc. AAMOF, I rarely use my air gun at home anymore....the cordless is more convenient.

Picked up the complete kit - impact gun, drill, 2 batteries, charger, and a bag for $300. It wasn't as inexpensive as the unit JB mentions, but there are times you get what you pay for.
    +1

I've had my 18v Dewalt for about 3yrs now and it is still rolling strong. I've been using the original 2 batteries that came in the kit. Same as Adam, my air impact hasn't left the shelf since I picked up the Dewalt.

I even dropped it in a pan of ATF about a year ago, still working. ops: :lol: Knock on wood.
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."