Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobby Archer "The Track Store" is gone!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bobby Archer "The Track Store" is gone!

I have been trying to call him all week to make sure he was going to be at the track incase I needed tires. I was going to put two new shaved Toyo's on the front to match the two I out on the rear at TWS. I was thinking this was all I needed to kick GL and JB's ass. Well all week the message has been that this is Bobby's cell and to call back. Today the phone has been disconnected. I called PST and they confirmed Bobby is out of business. I need to buy two new tires. PST does not stock Toyo's at all. Glen, (or anyone else) do you have two tires you can sell me? If you do, is there someone that can mount them for me at MSRH or do I need to get them shipped here and mount them before I drive down to MSRH? Damn I hate not having tire support at the track.

I bet Bobby has tires available that he NEEDS to sell. Anyone know how to get hold of him?

Jerry

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Call Vilven, tell them you are a CMC racer and they could probably have tires for you by Wednesday/thursday. Mount em at discount tire and voila!

There is a shop at MSRH that can also mount/balance for you but you are going to pay a trackside price....and stand in line!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Call Vilven... even if you order Monday you should have them for the event next weekend.

DD

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    let us know what comes of all this. i'm sure we can all bring something to get you thru the weekend.
    i dont have any new tires. the best i have has about a day on them. the worste has a few weekends on them. they are the ones that allowed Libbie to get the pole on me at TWS.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I could not get Vilven to answer the phone at 4:30 this afternoon so I ordered from JB's friend Phill. I don't know the difference in price but my tires shipped today. Great service for so late on a Friday!

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Phil's is good people. i pit'ed next to them at Mid Ohio. they gave me and Mitch free T shirts just so they wouldnt have to pack them and take them home. they were XXL's and i was afraid they were gonna be way to big. well i gotta say, they must grow them small up north, cause they fit more like an XL.

glad to see you got takes care of. see ya next week.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Boudy's Avatar
    Hmmm... Sounds like a void that Argent Lab could step up to fill.

rb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Ooo ooo, you gonna by a tire shaver, mounting machine and balancer!!!!!

:P
    jb

Senior Member Grass-Passer Boudy's Avatar
    Eeeaaaasy there great spender of Boudy's money. :lol: :lol:

All I can say is that I'm not opposed to it if I can see where it will make sense (read profit). Argent Lab hasn't exactly presented any windfalls as of yet...

rb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Boudy
    Eeeaaaasy there great spender of Boudy's money. :lol: :lol:

All I can say is that I'm not opposed to it if I can see where it will make sense (read profit). Argent Lab hasn't exactly presented any windfalls as of yet...

rb
    Dude... I talked with friend last night and tried to put some numbers together.... unless you are selling parts and tires during the week, there is not enough profit even at double the price to justify providing trackside support... I bought at least $100.00 of stuff every time I saw the Archer trailer hoping to help keep him around while most avoided him and bitched about his prices...