Thread: the streak is dead! the Iron Man has fallen!

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the streak is dead! the Iron Man has fallen!

yes, its true. i did not finish the last race of the season. this ends a 69 race streak of not missing a single lap. that's 1100+ laps w/ no failure that required me to pull in early.
    so far it looks like the shifter to trans bolts striped out and caused the shifter to allow me to have a Martha Stewart moment - i thought i was stirring the soup all of a sudden.
    oh well, that just relieves all the pressure i was putting on myself to continue this thru 2008. it will now be easier to take some time off.
    it was nice getting to watch my first CMC race! man, you guys are good!

That kind of reliability is damn impressive. I was sorry to see you parked on the side of the road there...then again, I was sort of relieved :wink: Not like James gave me any reason to relax though...
    Al Fernandez

Blog Entries
    its no ones fault but my own. durring the 2nd of the 2 trans R&R's at Mid Ohio, Mitch commented on one of the shifter bolts being stripped out. i figured one of the guys who helped out the day before had done it. 3 got me thru the event no problem. well i didnt spend any time on the car prior to this event even w/ me knowing about the bolt missing. as i were sitting on grid sunday afternoon i noticed the shifter was very sloppy. i had no idea it was about to fall out. i got in about 1/2 a lap.
    anyways, Al, you are a force to be reconed w/, glad to have ya. who knows what would have happened. my bet is i would have help keep me and you and James, Rob and Michael more bunched up.

oh well. :?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    That is a shame Glenn.....but a very impressive stat for sure. Congrats on an awesome year anyway.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    That is a really incredible accomplishment. Now you have a goal of going 2,000 laps.

Blog Entries
    have at it Bryan. it will only take 6 years! :shock: