Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 94 Formula Firebird CMC car.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FS: 94 Formula Firebird CMC car.

this car just had its build started today. should be ready just in time for the 2008 season no problem and earlier if we know you need it sooner.
    it will have the NASA legal CMC cage as a foundation to build on later or write the check and get it built the way you want it. its metallic green and the paint is in very good shape.
    available as a roller only or turn key from mild ($8K) to wild ($20K).
    this car is getting built by the same two guys who built CMC#70 (TX). one of the most reliable CMC cars built. if you want the "arrive and drive" car, this ones your ride. if your serious about winning, this ones your ride.

we are also leaving in all the exterior lights and the windshield wipers so as to be great for enduro's.

Blog Entries
    update.
    we had a very productive weekend and the cage is 90% done. should be no problem to finish this up over the next week.
    the car should be done by years end. if you thinking of purchasing a CMC car for 2008, you owe it to yourself to take a look at this one first. not too late to tell us how you want it.
    if its not sold by Feb, i'll drive this car at the first event of the 2008 season. and it will be availble for rent for the MSR Cresson date.

contact us @ information@LAWMotorsports.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Hmmmm...will Varner buy from his arch-nemesis, Landrum?!?!

Stay tuned, bat-fans...

Same bat time...

Same bat channel...

:twisted:

Blog Entries
    dont trash up my post.

Sorry. Trying to find Varner a car.

If someone is going to defeat the current CMC champion, I think it's going to take either a Varner or a Covini...whatever the platform...doesn't matter. :wink:

=- T

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini

If someone is going to defeat the current CMC champion, I think it's going to take either a Varner or a Covini...whatever the platform...doesn't matter. :wink:

=- T
    Todd,
    you don't really believe that, do you? The whatever the platform...doesn't matter part.

This ( the Mustang) certainly is not what is keeping me at the rear but I want another car (I want two) and I don't want two different brands to keep spare parts for. I am afraid to buy another Mustang and if I get good enough to win be stuck with two cars not good enough to win. I have even thought about calling Glen about this build. I don't want this to be the regular BS thread about GM/Ford in CMC but what is a new guy to do? If you go with a GM car you know for sure the platform will not keep you out of the winner's circle!

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    dont trash up my post.
    pre-empting Glenn.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Jerry, you make some very valid points. Stocking the shelves with spares can get expensive. I have no answer for that dilemma.

As it's looking now, this car will be a great car.

I picked up a 97 60K mile LT1 pullout. So it's got all the "refinements" GM built into the platform.

At this point, we are planning on using the stock gauge cluster and stock wiring harness, trimmed back, of course.

We hope to have the cage finished and dash installed next weekend, followed shortly by the drivetrain install.

The car really isn't that far away.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    Jerry, you make some very valid points. Stocking the shelves with spares can get expensive. I have no answer for that dilemma.

I picked up a 97 60K mile LT1 pullout. So it's got all the "refinements" GM built into the platform.

At this point, we are planning on using the stock gauge cluster and stock wiring harness, trimmed back, of course.

We hope to have the cage finished and dash installed next weekend, followed shortly by the drivetrain install.

Rental at Cresson eh?! Might that include a Friday of practice? rates?
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx

Rental at Cresson eh?! Might that include a Friday of practice? rates?
    We are still researching the rental rate.

From what I have gathered from other shops offering rental cars for racing applications, it seems to hover around $1500/day or $2500 for a 2 day weekend. The person renting the car would be responsible for fuel and repairs due to contact or driver error.

If you buy the car within 10 days of the rental, the rental fees will apply towards the purchase price.

Right now, this only applies to MSR-C NASA Texas regional event. LAW MS doesn't have the infrastructure to carry multiple cars to tracks farther away.