Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: interesting 2008 plans.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

interesting 2008 plans.

i started a new CMC 4th gen build today (94 Formula). as i was making lists for things that will be needed for the build, i got to wondering what if.....
    the car still has the OEM shocks and brakes (10" single piston fronts!). i have a pile of stock springs. why not build this like a true show room stock class car and use some of those parts. ya know, gut it (including A/C under dash), put a cage in (6 point), use an OEM muffler ect.....
    so, for those of you looking to get a piece of me in 2008, you may have your chance for at least one event as i'll try a weekend in a stock car.

dont take this as any shit talk or something. i was just wondering how much of a difference there is w/ all the work i've been putting into the cars i've built/helped build. this would be a good test to see if its worth it.

just trying to liven up the place, its been quiet in here.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar

Re: interesting 2008 plans.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    i was just wondering how much of a difference there is w/ all the work i've been putting into the cars i've built/helped build. this would be a good test to see if its worth it.
    It will certainly help validate the Driver/Car ratio that CMC seems to live on. If you can keep it on the back of the pack or better, it proves up the "cheap, do-it-yourself race car."

Since you're being generous... why don't you try it in a Fox body?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

That is one hell of a plan Glenn. It'll be interesting to see the results...the $2008 CMC Challenge eh? :lol:
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Didn't Mike Patterson jump into Steve Mulder's #8 CMC camaro before it was fully complete and run at MSR-C? How did he fare? I remember mid-pack.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Blog Entries
    he had a very light car, max'ed brakes, and the same spring rates i ran at the time. the car was pretty much maxed. it did have a bad Opti durring that event that wasnt found till a few weeks later. had the motor been healthy, he would have done very well. it would stumble above like 4000 RPM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I don't think Mike's results were very useful, since the car ran super hot and the opti crapped out.

I really think that a bone stock car would do better than you think.

Your driving style would have to change a little to the characteristics of the car...... and you would probably have to work to get rid of the bad push that is normal with a stock F-body, but with some spacers and air pressure changes.... I bet you could make it decent.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    I had the privilege of meeting Mike Pettiford and Bill Pichardo of SCCA fame this weekend. Mike was driving a T2 Camaro and Bill was hustling a SSB V6 Camaro around.

Following those guys through a T3 at TWS kind of corner made the cars look like a skiff in 20' swells :lol:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Got a better challenge for you Mr. Landrum...put me in the stocker and you in your race car! Then we might have some fun!!! :wink: :lol:
    Ah, fugg it.

Blog Entries
    Matt, i'm not sure how to say this other than just saying it.
    you would get your ass handed to you for at least your first entire weekend in CMC. its just that big of a change from what you drive to less HP and more weight, less tire and brake, no downforce and having to slide the car way more than i've ever seen any of our AI cars do this year.

no way i'll put anyone from AI in one of my car to race. its a big change. trust me.

put your self in anyone else's CMC car who would let you and see if you can get close to the CMC track record. i say if you try, you will get out of the car and just mutter "WTF?!". prove me wrong, and i'll revisit the conversation w/ you. untill then, no thanks. i'm not saying you cant learn the change and learn it quick, i'm saying you aint gonna do it w/ my (LAW) cars. at an HPDE, sure, not a race weekend.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    I thought LAW cars were OUR cars ... :?

Lots of I's, me's and my's in this thread.