Thread: Random thoughts ...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Random thoughts ...

- The Sunday morning driver's meeting was rather animated. However, after emotions ramped down, it was constructive and I thought productive. I think we all need to realize both sides are in a learning curve. It really sucks that innocent folks got caught up in the curve. We asked for things to change and they did. I think it was a great step in NASA listening to what the racers want. Did it go too far? Probably. But at least they are listening. :!:

- Anyone have any non-car related issues with the extended race? This old, fat man held up really well ... I imagine cool-suit orders are spiking today ... :wink:

- In car communications is a great thing ... if you can understand the guy on pit road. Boudy ... awesome job, brother. Put me down for a rig when things get finalized ... 8)

- I cannot thank Mike Patterson enough for the help he gave to CMC 8. The car had ignition issues from the get-go, losing significant power after 4K. We figured out the issue too late in the game to try and fix it. So, he was handicapped from the get-go. :x

- AJ at Performance Speed Tech saved our butts Saturday. Above and beyond the call ... great people ... 8)

- Nick ... you took years off my life, son! :shock:

- Parking at MSR-C sux .... :roll:

- Rob ... it was great meeting your family Friday night. Hopefully we can be seated in an arrangement more suitable for cross talk next time. 8)

- I just realized ... Todd wasn't there! :P

Beverly rocks! Ice Cream waiting for me after I get out of the car after R1?? Who would have thought it, lol. Many, many thanks.

Yes she does ... I think she is becoming my new best friend. Last race it was Chicken salad sandwich and this time it was ice cream. She keeps raising the bar ....

CMC17
    Todd wasn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by CMC17
    Todd wasn't there?
    Funny, I didn't notice. :shock:

run away! run away!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar

Re: Random thoughts ...

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    - - I cannot thank Mike Patterson enough for the help he gave to CMC 8. The car had ignition issues from the get-go, losing significant power after 4K. We figured out the issue too late in the game to try and fix it. So, he was handicapped from the get-go. :x
    I think this is what Mitch really means.

A restrictor plate AND and Opti-Spark ... it's a conspiracy ....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    A restrictor plate AND and Opti-Spark ... it's a conspiracy ....
    ...and you thought I wasn't there....buwahahaha :twisted:

-=- T