Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HANS mandatory by 2 June 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ginsberg
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay
    Honestly guys... you never even notice it is on once you get used to the change in the way the belts feel to you as a result of the chest part of the Hans.
    James, Morgan and others are spot on....once you use it, it will become like any other safety item...you won't race without it. I use it in practice, qual, and of course, racing.

BTW... there is no real trick to installing the anchors to your helmet. You check, double-check and triple check your measurments that you are in fact drilling in the correct spot. It is a 15 minute job tops.
    Amen to that. Back in 2005, I did a write up on how to install the bolts on a helmet. It's not difficult at all.

Additionally, Hubbard and Downing have released a new set of tethers that allow you to move your head much more than the earlier releases. Cost is ~$75, and should be available in late Dec/early Jan. I'm getting mine from AJ @ PST as soon as they are available.
    It will be Mid-Jan before the new tethers are available. The tethers are great! I tried it at PRI. The photo is one that I snagged while at the event. There is also a new sport series device that will be more cost effective for those on a budget. Please see our home page for links to more HANS information.
    http://www.performancespeedtech.com/...ngyourHANS.pdf
    http://www.performancespeedtech.com/...nersManual.pdf

Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding HANS products and other safety items.
    AJ Petersen
    Shock Technician
    STACK Technical Agent

Performance Speed Tech
    817-512-4780
    Keeping You On Track!
    www.performancespeedtech.com

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    DL the CCR's again - they are now on v2008.5.

I spent a couple of hours this weekend installing new belts, and adjusting everything to work with my new hans. It did take a while to get everything (seat, belt length, mirrors) all back to where I want them. I have to say I was surprised at how motion you have with the hans and the old style tethers. With those new ones AJ is selling you probably wont have any motion restriction.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    CCR revision is now 2008.7.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    just a couple days ago it was 2008.6.

any idea what was changed?