Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Somebody shoot me....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

Somebody shoot me....

So, having found out that Andy Bowman put his car up for sale for $30k, I though it would be keen to try my hand at a sale... Posted the car on GRM's site and less than 7 days later....have an offer that is hard to refuse. Never really figured I would get any interest but damnit....can someone just put me out of my misery?!

This is going to be the hardest couple of days for me...I am not going to be able to get anything done at work!!!!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Sell it. Buy a teal Firebird.

Luke ... feel the force, Luke.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar

Re: Somebody shoot me....

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    ....can someone just put me out of my misery?!
    cmc... cmc... cmc...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    Sell it. Buy a teal Firebird.

Luke ... feel the force, Luke.
    I always thought F-bodies were on the darkside?! :lol:

there is part of me that says, be responsible and get rid of everything so there is only one vehicle to buy tires for, put gas in, buy brakes for, be able to park it in the garage, no extra storage fees...blah blah blah...

On the other hand, Nothing I have ever driven/riden in has the shear fun factor this AI car has given me....except for an 07 Z06... Reason/experience tells me that it's not wise to track your daily driver either! Why be practical/smart/financially sound........and BORED!

My head is about to friggn' explode!!!! The funny thing is I already have a 500hp daily driver!!! It just weighs 7600lbs but is still pretty fun to drive on the streets and people get out of the way.

I truly am in agony right now...
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    "I was a tellin Matt to run CMC!"

So, you sold the trailer right?
    AI car has one foot out the door?
    LaW 'Bird and an open trailer sounds like a plan to me.
    In 2 or 3 years get an LS9 C7.

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    I always thought F-bodies were on the darkside?! :lol:
    You're correct. What was I thinking?

Tarnishing that squeaky clean image would probably cause further turmoil in the middle east and the stock market.

Best stay with the "nice" fellas.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    for a true racer, this is a no brainer. a true racer would never end up w/out a race car. you are constantly looking for people to tell you to stay. buy, sell, 18's, 17's, open trailer, encloded trailer.
    seriously Matt.

sell the AI car, get a CMC car (Ford or Chevy) and have more fun, twice the competition at half the cost.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Boudy's Avatar
    AI, what's AI. Sell that damned money pit and run CMC. Unless you're scared but hey, it's your call dude.

Boudy

Quote Originally Posted by Boudy
    AI, what's AI. Sell that damned money pit and run CMC. Unless you're scared but hey, it's your call dude.

Boudy
    Glenn, this is all something that has come up in the last 48 hours. I don't know of many people that have put a race car up for sale and within 7 days has people ready to have money change hands....I certainly wasn't expecting it and was realisitically expecting to see activity in May or June and was planning ahead for getting started in 08 up until 7pm last night when the guy left me a voicemail. I have been dodging him all day today cause I really don't know what I want to do. I feel like a flag whipping in the wind right now and it's a hurricane!

boudy, It's far from a money pit. and given current stores of toyos, and not running Hallet as usual, I have $3350 figured to run next year which includes one set of new brake pads for each event, hotel, tow gas, car gas and food. Sale of the trailer more than paid for the season. So I doubt the argument of 1/2 the price will hold water.

As for competition, one thing that is sticking in my head is the level of competition that our region is going to see next year...

AI's who's who list:

1. Donovan...stepped it up BIG, has ordered Carbon and rumors of bigger brakes...that won't fit under Konigs...ask Marshall!
    2. Dr. Frank..continues to get faster each event
    3. Capps and Irwin...rumored to return for 08 with strength.
    4. Marshall...bring it buddy, you got the equipment!
    5. Kirsch...getting stronger and finding help from aftermarket...
    6. 05 car from Last event in Houston...never got his name.
    7. super secret squirrel stuff....
    8. Me...? Working on some tweaking if not sold...working a BIG sponsorship angle... if it goes, expect a BIG nationals appearance to make good on all my s' talkin'...
    9. Lyons..new paint, new motor and rumors of Aero, heard it's FAST!!
    10. Misty...new motor, new aero and getting faster each event.
    11. Supposedly two cars I have heard about will be joining but have no info on.
    12. 3rd gen camaro that was at TWS in April 06 returning?
    13. Crap, forgot Daron and Mason...Very speedy car!
    14. Marvel/Pederson return?! Fast in whatever they would bring.

AI overall is going to be the field to watch this coming year because there are going to be 4 or 5 cars all within a couple tenths and there is going to be some BIG racing going on!!! I really doubt there are going to be 30 second win margins like last year or previous and you CMC guys are going to be fearful of full field inverts!!!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boudy

Boudy
    Get in CMC where there are more cars to compete with..... which equals more fun.