View Poll Results: Do you want inverted starts by class (AIX,AI,CMC) or do you want to keep them the way they are?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Inverted by class

8 36.36%
  • Keep the way they are

14 63.64%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Inverted Starts -Poll Inside

Varner's alter-ego.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I should have known that. haha

Until I get more seat time @ the tx tracks I prefer the top 20 quals to start from the paddock, cars on jack stands with no tires on them.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by micah
    Until I get more seat time @ the tx tracks I prefer the top 20 quals to start from the paddock, cars on jack stands with no tires on them.
    This is the best suggestion.

Or just cars whose number add up to 8 ...

CMC17
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    Quote Originally Posted by micah
    This is the best suggestion.

Or just cars whose number add up to 8 ...
    Funny! Hey!! Wait a minute!

1+7=8

:P

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    The West Coast didn't always do it the way they do.

When they were at the same stage of the series life, they did it as we are now. (to quote Mr. Marvel "Ask me how I know") When the fields got bigger (CMC first)....the two groups were segregated (after repeated CMC requests) and (gasp :shock: ) CMC started out front because there were over 25 CMC cars and less than 7 or 8 AI cars.

As you can imagine some of the ultra fast AI cars in the smaller run group starting from the back weren't too happy about this, and some of those same sour grapes have begun to plant seed here in Texas.

What's different today is that both AI and CMC series both in Calif and Texas have matured, grown up, gotten bigger. The AI group is somewhat larger out there now...and we're seeing the same growth rate for AI & CMC here in Texas, as we have twin brothers (AI & CMC born on the same day.)

It's just a matter of time before segregating the two groups will make sense in Texas, but for now, it's looked at on an event by event basis. Let's not force the series to grow up too quickly...it really isn't a safety issue provided everyone is courteous to others on the track...it's part of the "teenage years"!

FYI..."courteous" in this context means that faster cars are aware that slower cars are on track and slower cars are aware that faster cars are on track. Patience and strategy are two way streets for both AI & CMC.
    American Iron Series - National Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Keep it the same!!! I don't have a problem running over....er... passing AI cars.

just be aware that the #27 AI car has been widened

we're seeing the same growth rate for AI & CMC here in Texas, as we have twin brothers (AI & CMC born on the same day.)
    Typical revisionist history BS. I sir, beg to differ. :lol:

Senior Member Grass-Passer MikeP99Z's Avatar
    I agree wtih Mr. Bell (2003 AI Champ).

I'm also still waiting for my 2003 AIX trophy.

CMC17
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP99Z
    I agree wtih Mr. Bell (2003 AI Champ).

I'm also still waiting for my 2003 AIX trophy.
    Maybe you will get something that resembles your name on that trophy.