Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ready to rock at MSRH

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ready to rock at MSRH

Car is ready and on trailer attached to motorhome. All I have left to do is get two spare tires mounted to my new wheels, install new custom wiper cowl, and throw the tools in. Car looks great with the new paint job and new wheels. Boudy is going to help me install the graphics Friday. The car will at least look fast.

Since last season I have ripped out all the stock wiring, installed painless harness, removed both front windows and crank assemblies, removed wiper motor and arms, changed wheels, and repainted CMC17. It is no longer "Eric's car" it's Team Jordan's car.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Ready to rock at MSRH

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt
    ....... install new custom wiper cowl......JJ
    more details please. this sounds intresting.

Blog Entries
    Lets just say it helps to have a laser, punch press, and press brakes at your disposal. I was thinking about Team Jordan cut out in script. I've also thought about cutting holes from the engine compartment into the wiper arm area and putting louvers in the wiper cowl to help get hot air out from under the hood. If it's not required I will do something cool just for looks. Something out of polished stainess or anodized aluinum.

Jerry

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Not to rain too much on your parade, but if doesn't say you can do it, you can't...

This has been brought up before. Mine is "custom." I'm not in CMC...

Richard P.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP
    Not to rain too much on your parade, but if doesn't say you can do it, you can't...

Richard P.

Your right Richard. I'll bring the old broken plastic one if it becomes a big deal. One thing though.....I see lots of stuff on CMC cars it does not say you can have but since they have nothing to do with performance nothing is done about it.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP

Richard P.

Your right Richard. I'll bring the old broken plastic one if it becomes a big deal. One thing though.....I see lots of stuff on CMC cars it does not say you can have but since they have nothing to do with performance nothing is done about it.

JJ
    two things.
    1) Richard is right. i dont think it would be legal. lets just take a look at it foirst.
    2) point those things out to the car owner and ask them about it. i would also like you to point this type of stuff out to me. this could be a simple oversite by the car owner, the directors, or you. shoot me a list w/ your observations.

CMC is always more strict than AI, on purpose. Always always always the best plan before modifying your CMC car is to get a hold of one of your CMC officials and ask. Get their opinion. If it sounds like its approaching a grey area, submit your proposal in writing to a Natl. Director and ask for a formal ruling. That is the correct process.

Jerry, not saying whatever you did is not considered legal, just saying what the risk-free process is.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Jerry - congratulations on getting the Team Jordan soul into the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    If it sounds like its approaching a grey area, submit your proposal in writing to a Natl. Director and ask for a formal ruling. That is the correct process.
    Is there a running list of formal rulings or do they get codified into the ruleset?

What about seemingly innocuous things like ducting in front of the radiator? I see it on all the cars, soon to be mine included, but don't see it in the rules.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    CMC is always more strict than AI, on purpose. Always always always the best plan before modifying your CMC car is to get a hold of one of your CMC officials and ask. Get their opinion. If it sounds like its approaching a grey area, submit your proposal in writing to a Natl. Director and ask for a formal ruling. That is the correct process.

Jerry, not saying whatever you did is not considered legal, just saying what the risk-free process is.
    Al and Glenn,

I did not really think about all this. I have a broken wiper cowl and thought I would make a new one out of sheet metal with my team name cutout in script instead of the $85.00 the dealer wanted for a new plastic one. I was not trying to circumnavigate the rules. Still not sure how a wiper cowl would make a difference. I guess I could make it with a big wing on it for extra downforce.......LOL Since I have not made one yet I guess it's a moot point.

JJ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383

Is there a running list of formal rulings or do they get codified into the ruleset?

What about seemingly innocuous things like ducting in front of the radiator? I see it on all the cars, soon to be mine included, but don't see it in the rules.

How about stupid stuff like a helmet hook? I could have missed it in the CCR but even if it's not there I could care less if everyone uses one but if it's not there then we go back to the "if it does not say you can then you can't" deal. I put a wiper cowl in the same boat as a helmet hook so you can see why I did not think it was a big deal.

JJ