Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation: Willful destruction of vehicle

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Operation: Willful destruction of vehicle

Well guys, Operation: Willful destruction of vehicle is under way. Tore out the entire back interior and will start on the front tomorrow. Have a shopping cart that I'm piling everything into. Gonna weigh it after I'm done just out of curiosity. Will post pictures soon. :lol:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    The tearing apart is fun....but the building back is better. :lol:

Senior Member Grass-Passer Jeremy Gunter's Avatar
    update ross! How goes it?

Well the motor is prep'd and ready to be put together on my Ford, All interior is out, dash included. Got a set of used tires, wheels are off, brakes look good. Hopefully she will be ready for Cresson DE's. now for a seat and a 4 point cage...

Proctor how's your car doing?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Gunter
    Proctor how's your car doing?
    It is going to live. My Dad worked on it all week and then we worked on all day on Saturday.

It has a new fender, door and different radiator. The quarter is still really ugly, but is pushed back out and looks like a quarter again.

The k-member looks , but I won't really know for sure until I get it to the alignment shop to see if we can get the alignment back in place.

I think I will make Cresson for sure now.

Blog Entries
    Ok so yeah she looks real bad right now and I found some cancer that went through the sheet metal on the A-pillar. Interior is gone except for dash and the carpet under the seats. Motor and Tranny come out next Sunday and new TPI motor should go in the next week. Not looking good for Cresson and I've almost decided that I'm not bringing her out at all until I'm happy with it. God this is alot of work! So here are some pics of the progress.

So there it is....more to come later.... I hope :lol:

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah.....All that white crap behind the taillights....that's about half an inch of dirt!!! It's amazing what you find in a 21 year old car! There was a wadded up t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants BEHIND the speakers in the back!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Jeremy Gunter's Avatar
    Glad to hear it's doing well proctor. I was in the process of telling Ross how I thought you could be a major chance for the championship this year on your way to gut check, turned my head towards turn 1 and heard him go OOOOOOoooo... I hated to see it happen, but was happy when I saw you jump the fence... Hope to see you there!

Ross, Get off your lazy bum and get to work, priorities Rosco, valentines day is over, she got her chocolate, now your car needs the attention... :P or you could just rent another Malibu in Dallas

looking good so far... BTW Richard Painter is a stand up guy, hes finishing up my heads early this week...

Blog Entries
    I have a 21 year old car sir!!!......it's alot of work! And it's just me!

Blog Entries
    FOUND- Random hoses.....six shop rags, a coupon for 25 cents of ground chuck from 1992 (probably expired), t-shirt stating "I love Texas", sports section from 2000 in radiator. All found in engine compartment of 86 Camaro! LOL :lol:

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    The carpet looks to be in great shape. :shock:
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region