Thread: Dyno cert. ???

CMC17

Dyno cert. ???

If I don't get the other motor in my car and I decide to do a tune-up on CMC17, will I be required to re-dyno it and get a current certification?

Spark plugs, wires, rotor and cap?

If I take off my throttle body and MAF to clean them and change to a little bit thicker OEM gasket?

I just want to make sure I won't be violating any rules by making a change and not taking the car to the dyno. Wouldn't seem right to make more HP and not have to get a new sticker..etc.

Thoughts from one of you director types??

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    According to Adam, for the GMs, we have to recert if we fill up the gas tank ... we could be cheating with high octane voodoo ... :roll:

Seriously ... I was told that ANYTHING that could POTENTIALLY CHANGE power/torque required a recert ...

So a tune up falls within that category as I understand it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    plugs, wires, O2's, ..... things like that. the MAF would also fall under that as its part of the air/fuel loop.

FYI, i still have changed plugs or O2's since i first fired the motor back in Feb 05! something like 65 20 minute sessions on them. guess i need to @ least pull them an look @ them.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Mitch nailed it - ANY change to the motor that could change HP/TQ readings REQUIRES a recert. That goes for AI and CMC.

So.....if you tune up CMC #17, Eric, you'll have to recert. For Mitch, any time he shows up at the track, he has to recert. :lol: