Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medicals

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

Medicals

I got my medical 2 years ago and my license says it Expired 03/03/08 so I went to great trouble and expense (having to take a day off work) to get a new one, but I haven't sent it in to the national office yet... In another post Adam stated that there has been a change!?!? I'm 47 so what is the CURRENT rules concerning the medicals??

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1816

From what I read your medical now expires in 2009. Don't take my word on it though.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Re: Medicals

Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27
    I got my medical 2 years ago and my license says it Expired 03/03/08 so I went to great trouble and expense (having to take a day off work) to get a new one, but I haven't sent it in to the national office yet... In another post Adam stated that there has been a change!?!? I'm 47 so what is the CURRENT rules concerning the medicals??
    It appears Micheal is right ... you technically have another year. But I would certainly check with someone in charge for verification.

If I were you, I would hang onto the medical form till December 15th of this year and then submit it.

That should cover your medicals till December of 2011.

If you've done nothing, it now expires on 3/3/09.
    If you've already redone your medical, the renewal will last now until 2011.

As Geico says, "Either way...you having filet mignon"!!!

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director

ok... so what if I bring the form this weekend in case it is questioned and mail it in next week to the national office??

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    David,
    I'm the Comp License Director (Pro-Tem) this weekend. No problem from my side. I think there is enough "upper level" folks on your side so you don't have to worry.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    send Dave Ho an email and just ask him. thats what Adam put in his post on this subject. Dave will get back w/ you same day. if push comes to shove, he will ask you to fax it in.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Sent this to Mr. Ho last night ...

My 2008 Competition license shows my medical expires 5/31/2009. My last
    medical form submittal was in May of 2007 at the age of 48. According to the above statutes, my new medical expiration date should be in May of 2010. Is this the correct interpretation of the changes?
    He responded "yes" and I have a new comp license en-route.

This is significant for me. I suffer from hyper-tension (genetic) and therefore require an EKG each time a medical is required. Because this is elective, my insurance won't cover it. Cheapest place I have found to do an EKG is $350 plus the office visit and that was last year.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mitch,

When your 50 or over like me you have to have the EKG at every medical. I get a regular check up about every 12-15 months and they do a EKG as part of the physical. I have never paid anything except a co-pay. I had my doctor that did the EKG fax it to the doctor that did the race physical. Then I have to go back to this same guy every two years for my class 3 physical to keep my flying privileges. Up until this change I could legally fly over New York city with just a very basic check up every two years but to race I had to have one every year.......go figure. I like the change.

JJ

Crap...my medical expired late in 2007.
    The rule changed in 2008....I still need to renew my medical and then it's good for 3 years.

Thought I was getting a freebie.

-=- T
    American Iron Series - National Director