Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Challenger IV

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar

Challenger IV

4 races or 3 ????

jb

CMC17
    I'm game either way. The heat isn't an issue for me.

You guys decide.

I like getting out of the track early on Sunday.

Double points 40min R4?

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar

4! (-1)

I personally much rather prefer four races during a weekend, regardless of their length.
    One solution that has been brought up and, I believe, is used in other regions is to:
    Substitue Sunday's qualifying with an R3 (20min), then have R4 as 40 minutes.
    Not sure how it would be decided for starting spots for R3 or R4.
    Maybe R3 finish order is 40min R4 grid order ala qualify race for nationals.
    R3 start could be based off of season points, inverted season points, drawing randomly from a hat (that would be fun), youngest to oldest, car numbers, inverted car numbers, heaviest to lightest (car & driver weight!!!), etc
    Or R4 start order could just be like qual and based off of fastest lap within the R3 session. That would play to some interesting strategies.
    R4 would count as the qualifier race used for contingency points etc.
    Dust Collector

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    the only thing i want is if we run a long race on Sun, count the points for the race two times. we all planned for 4 races a weekend before the season started. no reason to not score them that way. we race 2 races in 1, why not get the points for 2? just record the points in 2 colums.
    other than that, i know now to not save the car for a 40 minute race. i'll be running all out next time! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    the only thing i want is if we run a long race on Sun, count the points for the race two times. we all planned for 4 races a weekend before the season started. no reason to not score them that way. we race 2 races in 1, why not get the points for 2? just record the points in 2 colums.
    other than that, i know now to not save the car for a 40 minute race. i'll be running all out next time! :wink:
    I dunno about that. Cut a tire and you hose yourself, twice.

jb

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar

Re: 4! (-1)

Quote Originally Posted by y5e06
    I personally much rather prefer four races during a weekend, regardless of their length.
    One solution that has been brought up and, I believe, is used in other regions is to:
    Substitue Sunday's qualifying with an R3 (20min), then have R4 as 40 minutes.
    Not sure how it would be decided for starting spots for R3 or R4.
    Maybe R3 finish order is 40min R4 grid order ala qualify race for nationals.
    R3 start could be based off of season points, inverted season points, drawing randomly from a hat (that would be fun), youngest to oldest, car numbers, inverted car numbers, heaviest to lightest (car & driver weight!!!), etc
    Or R4 start order could just be like qual and based off of fastest lap within the R3 session. That would play to some interesting strategies.
    R4 would count as the qualifier race used for contingency points etc.
    Just my opinion but this idea would be awesome! Have 4-races, regular points for each race including a 40 min. R4.
    I would be game for Morgan's suggestion of some sort of random grid for R3 and R4.
    I'm all for the max. # of races and max amount of racing time!! :twisted: :twisted:
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Blog Entries
    problem w/ the random grid is Toyo Bucks and other Contigency programs are paid off of races that we quall for.
    i still think giving up saturdays practice and moving that time to sunday for a long race would be the best for those times we run a long race.

Senior Member Grass-Passer macstang's Avatar
    I'm with Michael and Morgan.

I'm also with Eric on getting done early on sunday. It sure makes a long drive better when I don't get home at 3 AM.
    Jerry
    Team Warhorse-Bishop/MacNeil
    CMC Mustang #44
    Red 1993 Mustang TTB # 15

>>>>RETIRED-PENDING OVERSEAS TOUR<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    problem w/ the random grid is Toyo Bucks and other Contigency programs are paid off of races that we quall for.
    i still think giving up saturdays practice and moving that time to sunday for a long race would be the best for those times we run a long race.
    I dont see how time from Sat moved to Sun helps NASA.
    Remember before daylite savings time and the short days, there wasn't enough daylite. If you give up time Sat it has to be spent Sat.
    I'm all about the most track time.
    Also, NASATx "isn't gonna be told what to do by the racers."

jb

Blog Entries
    some groups get more track time saturday than sunday and vise versa. so all we do is switch to being a part of the group who gets more track time sunday.
    or we could do the long race satuday.