Page 234 of 308 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 3071

Thread: So, what did you do today?

Senior Member Grass-Passer y5e06's Avatar
    After 2 other ditched versions and much dilly dallying i finally finished my brake ducts for the Dulaney C6 Hub adapters and LS1 12 brakes. They aren't the prettiest as welding Al really is tough at times.
    the amount of work to make something like this from scratch was immense especially considering the odd shape of the adapters and limited space from running 12" rotors. I have much respect for the product and price point for any of the Blaine Fab ducts (which I replaced).
    They'll get tested at Hallett...

oh and i might have a pair of brand new, never mounted, timken f-body hubs available.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by y5e06; 06-02-2014 at 09:46 PM.
    Dust Collector

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by y5e06 View Post
    After 2 other ditched versions and much dilly dallying i finally finished my brake ducts for the Dulaney C6 Hub adapters and LS1 12 brakes.
    Fancy hubs, sticky tires, AND bumpsteer kit??? At least paint part of it orange so I can say something nice.

Now I may have to throw Sean's 3rd gen style rebuildables on the 39.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Great. Hallet would not be Hallet without Morgan testing out a new brake package. May be a good year to sit this one out. may want to consider giving the Morg a finger point-by.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Got up this morning and it was kinda cool outside, so I decided to go put my trans back in before work. Got everything back together and the throwout bearing seal broke again! Went back out after work and put the original throwout bearing (too long) back in but it works! Trans in and out three times since Saturday, what a pain. Hopefully it stays together for Hallett.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty328 View Post
    Got up this morning and it was kinda cool outside, so I decided to go put my trans back in before work. Got everything back together and the throwout bearing seal broke again! Went back out after work and put the original throwout bearing (too long) back in but it works! Trans in and out three times since Saturday, what a pain. Hopefully it stays together for Hallett.
    Mark,
    I had a few times where mine came out in short succession. When it explodes at TWS a few years back, it rolled off the trailer and I had the trans on the ground and pulled apart in less than an hour. Kinda sad I had done it enough to keep the time down to that...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Mark,
    I had a few times where mine came out in short succession. When it explodes at TWS a few years back, it rolled off the trailer and I had the trans on the ground and pulled apart in less than an hour. Kinda sad I had done it enough to keep the time down to that...
    Thats why I finish putting it back together Saturday mornings... that way everything is still fresh in my mind

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    NASA Mid Atlantic had a rough weekend

http://www.nasaracing.net/?p=3665
    Ken Brewer; 1994 Toyota MR2 - #6 PTF
    SI wannabe - anyone got a spare money tree?
    "Zoom Zoom Zoom - On any given weekend more Mazdas make optimistic pass attempts than any other brand!"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    saw one of the original Batmobiles

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrewmr2 View Post
    NASA Mid Atlantic had a rough weekend

http://www.nasaracing.net/?p=3665

http://www.your4state.com/story/d/st...BE-k0_5mfp9cAQ

I hate to see that; 67 is young in this day and age. For you guys that instruct, especially in street cars, please do not be bashful about getting out of a car if a student refuses to take direction. I'm not implying that happened in this case but it is true in others.

I understand that accidents happen and have a personal philosophy that "life is not a risk free proposition," but YOU as an instructor don't have an obligation to ride with idiots.

On a better note, Orange has new brakes all around, better IATs than Pranav... and some '09 dated 16s for Friday practice.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    http://www.your4state.com/story/d/st...BE-k0_5mfp9cAQ

I hate to see that; 67 is young in this day and age. For you guys that instruct, especially in street cars, please do not be bashful about getting out of a car if a student refuses to take direction. I'm not implying that happened in this case but it is true in others.

I understand that accidents happen and have a personal philosophy that "life is not a risk free proposition," but YOU as an instructor don't have an obligation to ride with idiots.

On a better note, Orange has new brakes all around, better IATs than Pranav... and some '09 dated 16s for Friday practice.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...