Thread: extra shocks on Mustang rear

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

extra shocks on Mustang rear

What are the small things that look like shocks on the rear of a Fox Mustang ? They are mounted horizontal. On CMC17 they look like they are the one's that came on the car from the factory in 89. I would assume we don't need them? Should I take them off? I don't know what they were for when new so I sure don't know what they would help on a race car?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Those are known as quad shocks. They are intended to dampen axle wind-up under hard launches like at the drag strip. Most CMC cars remove them, but I had mine on up until the last event and evidently Eric never removed them. Two of the faster CMC Fox Mustangs run them. Michael Mosty would be proud and/or confused.

Hey Michael, I'm gonna just go ahead and put the quad shocks back on, leave the battery up front and save the money I was going to spend on SN95 lower control arms. You let me know how that looks ----- from behind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe
    Hey Michael, I'm gonna just go ahead and put the quad shocks back on, leave the battery up front and save the money I was going to spend on SN95 lower control arms. You let me know how that looks ----- from behind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
    :evil: Thems is fightin words!!!! I'll add your name to the list of GM's that I'm gonna whop up on at TWS.
    I did the "super speedway aero package" this weekend to help compensate for that wing that Mitch loves so much. :twisted:
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region