Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help at Hallett

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Need help at Hallett

I'm embarrassed to say I have never been door to door around a track. The only lines I have ever run is the "fast line" or the "wet line". I want to run some laps side by side like most of you did in Racecraft. I have never run even one lap door to door. I know Jay has not been able to do this either. I don't know about Bryan or anyone else. Is there a way we could do this on Friday at Hallett? Since Jay and I share a car we would need to do this at least two sessions. Who do I need to contact......Adam.....Kevin.....Todd?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    There is a friday practice day...pay at the track...see who is there and offer to go "play"....but you might discuss it with who is in charge of Grid...probaby Mr. Stephens.

I know there are going to be a few AI/CMC guys there early on Friday so look around and ask.

Otherwise, get ready for a baptism by Fire on Saturday...it's a tight track and the field is going to be HUGE!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Just don't play with Corey... he will run you off the track... ask me how I know... :P

DD

If I am there running practice... I will help!

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar

Hallett

I will be at Hallett all day on Friday and would be happy to run arround the track door to door with you or jay. I'll see you there. Frank

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Same here, Jerry ... We can get it done ...

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I'll be there for a 1/2 day as well. We can have a mini-race.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wirtz's Avatar
    Heck, I say run the track 3, or maybe 4 wide! Someone bring a camera...

Jeff
    - never been to Hallet

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    In 2005, Mike Patterson held a "License Day" at MSR-C. With the exception of an incident late in the day during a "graduation race", the day was a success.

Here's a small list of what Mike had the new drivers do during the day that can be accomplished at Hallett with a little help, organization, and preparation:

2 x 2 – drive side by side around the track at about 80% speed
    2 x 2 - around the track with passengers/instructors (if applicable)
    2 x 2 - same as above but switch seats (if applicable)
    2 x 2 - solo
    Clearly, most can't have a passenger in their car for obvious reasons. However, the item that should be most looked at is the side-by-side driving - I recall Lewis telling me that it was a fantastic experience doing this. The drivers did 2 or 3 laps side by side, then switched, and did it again. It wasn't at some parade lap pace, either - it was at approximately 70-80%. I believe it was a huge help to the new drivers coming into the series.

If, for whatever reason, this cannot be accomplished at Hallett, I'll look into scheduling a day/session at TWS in August to do this with the new drivers.
    Adam G.
    CMC #5
    2009 California Pony Car Cup CMC Champion
    2009 SoCal CMC Champion (Team Hollywood)
    2012 Kona Blue Metallic Boss 302 #1710
    Buy a hooptie, then race that mofo!
    NASA SoCal Race Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ginsberg
    In 2005, Mike Patterson held a "License Day" at MSR-C. With the exception of an incident late in the day during a "graduation race", the day was a success.

Here's a small list of what Mike had the new drivers do during the day that can be accomplished at Hallett with a little help, organization, and preparation:

2 x 2 – drive side by side around the track at about 80% speed
    2 x 2 - around the track with passengers/instructors (if applicable)
    2 x 2 - same as above but switch seats (if applicable)
    2 x 2 - solo
    Clearly, most can't have a passenger in their car for obvious reasons. However, the item that should be most looked at is the side-by-side driving - I recall Lewis telling me that it was a fantastic experience doing this. The drivers did 2 or 3 laps side by side, then switched, and did it again. It wasn't at some parade lap pace, either - it was at approximately 70-80%. I believe it was a huge help to the new drivers coming into the series.

If, for whatever reason, this cannot be accomplished at Hallett, I'll look into scheduling a day/session at TWS in August to do this with the new drivers.

Great!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This brings up an interesting question for me. Now that I have done HPDE 1-2. What comes next. Do i need to have a fully legal car to run RACECRAFT?
    Hoping to have the car done by TWS. Where do i go from here? I WANT THAT ROOKIE PLATE!!!! and then i want to lose it REAL fast
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"