Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony G's 2000 GT...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

Tony G's 2000 GT...

Ok, so I saw his for sale ad...how is that motor legal?

early pistons with PI heads take that car nearly to 10.5:1 compression, stock at lower 9's....sounds to me like a cheatn' bastard to me! Granted they are all stock parts but there has NEVER been a 2V mustang offered with that much compression...

just thinking out load in black and white...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Re: Tony G's 2000 GT...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    If you wanted to go deep into the conspiracy theory realm, you would note that he sold his old CMC car just hours before announcing the big new plans for the group. Maybe he knows something that we don’t… :roll:

Richard P.

do as I say and not as I do! :roll:
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP
    If you wanted to go deep into the conspiracy theory realm, you would note that he sold his old CMC car just hours before announcing the big new plans for the group. Maybe he knows something that we don’t… :roll:

Richard P.
    I actually thought about that when I read the "Big Announcement" post.

From my perspective...

We've had hundreds of emails from all the directors trying to figure out a better way to describe compression than what we have, recognizing the fact that allowing mix and match parts results in a wide swing in ratio. So, what that car has is not illegal. Is that why the ca cars are making numbers while the Tx cars never do?
    Al Fernandez

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez
    From my perspective...

We've had hundreds of emails from all the directors trying to figure out a better way to describe compression than what we have, recognizing the fact that allowing mix and match parts results in a wide swing in ratio. So, what that car has is not illegal. Is that why the ca cars are making numbers while the Tx cars never do?
    That sort of shoots a HUGE hole in the theory that "that combination was never offered in a Factory Mustang, so you can't run it"... I just feel sorry for the guy who bought the car is now going to have to deal with all the "illegal motor" BS.

You CMC guys have a HUGE problem on your hands and IMHO, would be better off dropping -2 and going back to the 2006 rules set with minor mods... Too much inkling of impropriety at the top if you ask me! You also don't want to see the differences on mod motor dyno graphs when stock VS. high compression is put on the same chart... If I were a 5.0L guy, I would be Yelling at the top of my lungs...."Cheating Asshole rules writer!" LOL!!!

Sort of Glad that very few of the AI rules keepers have cars to race from the example the CMC guys are setting!!! :shock: But, at least you guys post rules changes ahead of time and blast them to death before they are law....wish we had that luxury in AI! :?
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Tony G's 2000 GT...

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    Ok, so I saw his for sale ad...how is that motor legal?

early pistons with PI heads take that car nearly to 10.5:1 compression, stock at lower 9's....sounds to me like a cheatn' bastard to me! Granted they are all stock parts but there has NEVER been a 2V mustang offered with that much compression...

just thinking out load in black and white...
    If this is correct why in the hell should any of us try to do things within the rules? The top NASA guy has a car that has won 20 races and the motor is a cheatn' mother fucker? If this is really the case (and I certainly don't know but it looks like it) we need to let everyone run whatever they want in the motor as long as it does not go over the power rules. Let us run what we want as long as we stay under 260/300 (or whatever) and leave the brakes and tires and wheels alone! I'm going to Colorado and cool off for a week. Maybe you will all have it figured out by the time I get back.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Yea, I wonder what that car sold for $ wise.
    I know he got 17K for one once.
    How do you think I feel.

JJ for Prez!

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I guess this is speculation until proven otherwise....but if true....I would definitely not think that motor would be legal "within the sprit of CMC" as we have so often been told.

Very interesting for sure.