Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phone number for the Mazda dyno shop at MSR-C

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar

Phone number for the Mazda dyno shop at MSR-C

I'm needing to get a hold of them so I can redyno next week.

Also, was the agreed pricing just on race weekends? Regardless, what prices have we paid for dyno runs with and without A/F??

Thanks.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    We've paid $50 for our pulls without A/F.
    That'll always be my target price for 3 successive pulls without tuning for our recertification checks.

Guess we better start negotiating with the folks at MSR Houston!

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    They certainly charged Glenn and I more than that ...

Between the 3 cars ... 70, 8 and 9, we spent close to $300 for dyno time ...

We could have gotten it done a LOT cheaper, but the fit people pitch over 5 hp (even though we've been preached to numerous times that 100lbs will make no difference :roll: ) made it seem paramount that we get it dynoed there.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx

We could have gotten it done a LOT cheaper, but the fit people pitch over 5 hp (even though we've been preached to numerous times that 100lbs will make no difference :roll: ) made it seem paramount that we get it dynoed there.
    You're right. We should change the rule to "around 230/300" for CMC and "somewhere close to 9.5:1" for AI. That should level things up and give people the flexibility they need so we're all happy!

...or not. :twisted:

-=- Todd
    American Iron Series - National Director

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    We should change the rule

-=- Todd
    What the temp in hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    We should change the rule

-=- Todd
    What the temp in hell?
    Tropical.
    See you here in a few weeks!!! :shock: :lol:

-=-T

New dyno at MSRH? Then I think we need to have CMC/AI do some "test" pulls at that location before using them for compliance checks. Given all the variance discussions we've had before about PST vs LG vs Joe's Dyno and Donuts it seems only fair that we get some sort of baseline on a dyno before handing out DQ's.

I got some new plug wires (hopefully ones that stay attached to the plugs this time) so I'm sure I've found more HP..............

In a nutshell, being held to a moving target standard is ludicrous. There is no calibration criterion or operator training standard.

If we all were within 100 miles of a single dyno, then OK ... let's cert to a single standard. But there are too many variables to draw a hard and fast line.

In this group of folks alone, we've noted a 20hp variance between dynos on the same car, same day. No one can race and be competitive with a 10% variance between competitiors.

Even torquing something a critical as a reactor vessel head stud has a tolerence. But it ain't 10%!

And if 100lbs of car weight won't make a difference, then 5 HP certainly won't either.

CMC17
    I will have a new dyno re-cert done this weekend. I'd be more than willing to put CMC17 up on the dyno at MSR-H to see what, if any difference there is in the numbers.

No one can race and be competitive with a 10% variance between competitiors.

Even torquing something a critical as a reactor vessel head stud has a tolerence. But it ain't 10%!

And if 100lbs of car weight won't make a difference, then 5 HP certainly won't either.
    Mitch, I love you dude, BUT why not stay 10% below and be safe... There is a reason why threre are safety fences around construction sites and that is because many people don't heed warnings and limits and go where the shouldn't go. However, I do believe that an official dyno should be chosen by the directors in the event of "legality issues" and then if you are worried about "being too close", you can be sure to have yours checked at the particular dyno... then you can hold the owner/operator of the dyno resposible.... Wait I have a better idea... run AIX!!!