Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ECR recap thread

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar

ECR recap thread

I'm too tired right now to say much. Track turned out to be pretty darn good, very hard on brakes, AMAZING racing all weekend, Sat. night BBQ and beer was freakin hilarious!!!!

I'll post more detail tomorrow and see about getting some videos posted.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Wow -- what a weekend.

After the firesuit fiasco, I was seriously bummed and rersigned myself to running in HPDE4. Kevin Mixon suggested I run in TTU instead, and I'm actually pretty glad I did. I haven't had to work up a new track in a LONG time and it took nearly all weekend to find some speed.

Best lap of he weekend was a 2:10, so I'm still off AI's pace by a bit. I did have a good time playing with a track-prepped C6 today who was running constant 2:11's. I led him for a lap or two, and then pointed him by. I then latched onto his rear bumper and stayed there for the rtest of the session -- big fun.

I was glad to see Darren get back on track with good speed. His failure is a real eye-opener!

Lastly, I want to thank everyone for trying to find a firesuit for me. I generally dislike having to borrow gear (particularly personal safety gear.) Not because I dislike the idea of using it. I don't want to be an imposition, and I dont want to give the impression that I came unprepared.

Your efforts to find a suit came as quite a surprise to me and I must say I'm flattered, and I really appreciate that you guys were thinking of me and cared enough to try to get me in the race. Thank you all, very, very much.
    -- Robert King
    AI #42

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    who would have guessed Bryan would have been the life of the part?
    we WILL do this more often. my on track weekend sucked and did my car, but it was a very different story in the pits. cant believe i had so much fun. if you didnt show, you really missed out.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wirtz's Avatar
    Too tired here as well, but sick enough in the head to still be checking this forum after getting home anyway :?

The track grew on me little by little over the weekend. Fun to drive, though tough for some of the side by side stuff. Great racing all weekend never the less.

Thanks to everyone for a fun time and congrats to JB on winning the Texas championship!

Jeff

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I want to apologize for my spin in the last race... I was overdriving the car and for no good reason... When I saw the dropoff at the end of the curbing at the exit of 3 my first thought was OIL PAN!!! I tried to bring the car back on track instead of driving straight off and the car reacted in the normal fashion and shot straight across the track... Brian Calder was right on my back bumper took a wild ride and managed to miss me, Jerry did a NASCAR move and drove straight through the smoke/dust and Bryan L. went off to miss me as I spun center track... there was a lot of talk early in the weekend about the little or no runoff areas and that was on my mind instead of what might happen to my fellow racers if I caused them to go off instead... all involved were very nice about the whole deal, but to be totally honest with you all, I would have been pissed off if someone did a bone head move like that and caused me to go off... I should have gone straight off and next time I will!!!

On the lighter side... it made for some really cool video with 4 different camera angles

Ditto on the fun time..

Funny side note, Clifton did a double take when he saw the 27 car at the front of the grid and immediately went for his grid sheet to confirm

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    The track really grew on me over the weekend and found it to really be fun. Tough on brakes...but still fun.

My car started to show it's racing age this weekend... blown clutch on Friday and blown water pump in the last race. I also didn't bring enough brakes for this event.... as they gave up almost completely in the last race also.

Awesome racing with JB and JW in R3....and the finish was spectatular...at least for me. :wink:

Congrats to the Champs for 2008.

Special Thanks to Mitch and his lovely wife... if not for their support and Debbie driving 1-1/2 hours to bring a spare... I would have been done before the weekend even started.

Mitch...you and Debbie are awesome friends.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    So there we were at the two marker; I stab the whoa pedal with bad intentions and she responds by standing on her nose, light and squirmy like walking on a jelly sandwich.

"Huh?," I think, "I don't remember this turn being this shallow" as the the ABS bucks and kicks like a PBR bronc. A tender flick of the hands and the track ready 360AA meats begin to howl like Wolfman Jack. She knows what to do though and runs in to the apex like a CMC driver at a brat buffet.

Confident in the exhibition of skill rarely seen outside great driving venues such as the 'Ring, Monte Carlo or say, California, the pilot looks to his in car victim, er, instructor Martin Mostly, only to hear, "well, that's one way to do it."

Spec Camry - pwner of rent cars everywhere
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    I talked with the track's owner during R4. He was extremely happy that we were out there racing in big American V8s. He thought it was great for his track and truly appreciated us being there.

He asked for some feedback and I told him the corner exit concrete rumble strips needed to be a little grippier. If you put a tire on them, it's like glass.

He agreed and the said the motorcycle guys had the same complaint. He said they plan on blasting them, and repainting them with a courser mixture of sand to help grip.

I didn't go into the rocks and boulders. I figured it was obvious enough.

I thought the track was OK, but definitely didn't like the fact that it chewed through a season's worth of brakes for 1 weekend. That's not very "budget minded" and ECR will most likely be on my "drop list" for next season.

I thought parking was a cluster - fvck.

James, please don't give it a second thought. Gas is cheap these days! Debbie enjoyed helping out as did I. I'm glad I had the part you needed.

Al, you rock dude. That last lap is permenantly recorded in my personal high-light reel. Awesome, clean racing.

Chuck, same goes to you. You were the meat in a CMC2 sandwich going into turn 1. Great heads up driving!

Jerry, you and I went through T1, T2 AND T3 side by side. Excellent racing, my friend.

Bryan, you are a brake changing fool. You had some real issues this weekend ... calling the wife while sh!t-faced was probably the biggest.

Congrats to Jeff and Jeff. Last lap of the last race, nose to tail. Awesome year, guys.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383
    So there we were at the two marker; I stab the whoa pedal with bad intentions and she responds by standing on her nose, light and squirmy like walking on a jelly sandwich.

"Huh?," I think, "I don't remember this turn being this shallow" as the the ABS bucks and kicks like a PBR bronc. A tender flick of the hands and the track ready 360AA meats begin to howl like Wolfman Jack. She knows what to do though and runs in to the apex like a CMC driver at a brat buffet.

Confident in the exhibition of skill rarely seen outside great driving venues such as the 'Ring, Monte Carlo or say, California, the pilot looks to his in car victim, er, instructor Martin Mostly, only to hear, "well, that's one way to do it."

Dude, we need to get you a column in GRM!!! I am laughing my ass off over here!!! Nice sig too! :lol:
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383

Dude, we need to get you a column in GRM!!! I am laughing my ass off over here!!! Nice sig too! :lol:
    it was good.
    wanna do our event race reports?