Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MSRH Schedule

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

MSRH Schedule

Looks to be the same as our previous event.
    Two 20 min. rolling start races on Saturday.
    One 40 min. standing start race on Sunday.
    Repeat schedule...stay tuned for the NASA TX broadcast!

-=- Todd

PS- You Dallas boys will likely get out of there early for your drive home!
    American Iron Series - National Director

Todd, look forward to seeing your smiling face ......that sounds good to Scott and I..one question how does the points work on the 40 minute ride is it double?
    ya'll have a great weekend

Skip

Chris McCombs are you going to be there?
    Hope so

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    any chance of doing double points for the double length race? the loss of a race each event is jacking w/ the drop ratio.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    The drops are percentage based, nothing should change.

I see no reason to make it a double points race.

David D.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    the % is the same, but the number of races you can drop does change. 20% of 100 is 20, 20% of 50 is 10. after the next event, we will have run 14 races. but before the season started the # of races planned to run @ the same point was 16. @ this rate if you miss more than 4 races, you will have to carry a zero in your points. basically there is no missing a weekend and planning to use them as drops cuase if you do and then @ some point in the year if you have a machanical issue and miss a race not being able to drop it cause your out of drops causes you to be out of the points chase for the championship.

my quick math shows that if we use the single 40 sunday format for the rest of the year, we will get 4.6 drops. i'm sure that rounds to 5 drops. @ the beginning of the year i had 6 (5.6) drops planned based off a 28 race year. that gave me 2 races to cover mechanical issues for drops and a full weekend for drops if "life gets in the way".
    thats all i'm saying. my car does better over a 40 minute race anyways.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Todd,
    Is there no way to turn Sunday Qual into R3 and also have the 40 minute R4?

Starting positions for R4 can be finishing positions from R3?
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty
    Todd,
    Is there no way to turn Sunday Qual into R3 and also have the 40 minute R4?

Starting positions for R4 can be finishing positions from R3?

What sets the grid for R3 if no qual??

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Only issue I have with this is that TOYO can't get us tires....Vilven hasn't had them for 3 or 4 weeks and doesn't expect them to be here for another 3 or 4 more.... I have 6 tires in my stock, 4 of which where thrashed pretty hard in the 40 minute last event.

Not too worried about this but after two more 20's, these tires will be hurt'n after that 40 minute!

I am also not a big fan of drops. I realize they are great for mulligans but a true champion is one that is there at every race and does well in EVERY race. I wouldn't mind seeing the drops get dropped! I know however that by saying this, I will have a mechanical and miss 4 races!! ops:

As for an R3 sunday morning, don't the TOYO buck races HAVE to have a qualifying session? Easiest way to do it is pull qualifying for R3 from the finishing order of R2.....

Just a few numb thoughts.....

Senior Member Carroll Shelby jeffburch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    Only issue I have with this is that TOYO can't get us tires....Vilven hasn't had them for 3 or 4 weeks and doesn't expect them to be here for another 3 or 4 more.... I have 6 tires in my stock, 4 of which where thrashed pretty hard in the 40 minute last event.

Not too worried about this but after two more 20's, these tires will be hurt'n after that 40 minute!

I am also not a big fan of drops. I realize they are great for mulligans but a true champion is one that is there at every race and does well in EVERY race. I wouldn't mind seeing the drops get dropped! I know however that by saying this, I will have a mechanical and miss 4 races!! ops:

As for an R3 sunday morning, don't the TOYO buck races HAVE to have a qualifying session? Easiest way to do it is pull qualifying for R3 from the finishing order of R2.....

Just a few numb thoughts.....
    ......and R2 is an invert so that wont work.

jb

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    the % is the same, but the number of races you can drop does change. 20% of 100 is 20, 20% of 50 is 10. after the next event, we will have run 14 races. but before the season started the # of races planned to run @ the same point was 16. @ this rate if you miss more than 4 races, you will have to carry a zero in your points. basically there is no missing a weekend and planning to use them as drops cuase if you do and then @ some point in the year if you have a machanical issue and miss a race not being able to drop it cause your out of drops causes you to be out of the points chase for the championship.

my quick math shows that if we use the single 40 sunday format for the rest of the year, we will get 4.6 drops. i'm sure that rounds to 5 drops. @ the beginning of the year i had 6 (5.6) drops planned based off a 28 race year. that gave me 2 races to cover mechanical issues for drops and a full weekend for drops if "life gets in the way".
    thats all i'm saying. my car does better over a 40 minute race anyways.
    The total amount of races per season has never been a garantee. That is why the drops are a percentage and not set number. We had this problem back in 2004.

David D.