Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Patches?? Required??

New Patches?? Required??

I'm looking for a new NASA patch (the new logo) as I had to get a new race suit - busted the zipper again out of my existing one lol. I don't want to have to sew an old one on just to get the new one a few weeks later, are the new patches out and where can I get one? TIA.

Also, where in the CCR's or AI rules does it say AI patches are mandatory? I thought we'd been down the road before.........

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I need an "AI" Patch. I've never asked about them (my fault), but would like to be 100% compliant.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

Re: New Patches?? Required??

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bell

Also, where in the CCR's or AI rules does it say AI patches are mandatory? I thought we'd been down the road before.........
    I would gladly put one on if they were made readily available.....or at all even... :wink:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    Its in my log book on the inside cover for the inspection I think.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    The new NASA patch isn't available yet, so the original patch will have to suffice for now. The NASA suit patch is available directly from the NASA folks at the track for $5 each.

The American Iron patch has been available for ~2 or so years. Todd and I have quite a few, and they are free to each AI, AIX, AIV and CMC racer. During the last event, I walked around our paddock area, asking folks if they needed one. Please see us at the track, and we'll get you a patch.

CMC patches aren't finished yet, but when they are, we'll make sure they're available to the CMC racers.

The CCR's does not mention requiring a patch. However, the logbook does mention it, as does the race car tech form we ALL have to fill out and sign.

Therefore, ALL drivers are required to have a NASA patch on their driving suit. All AI/X/V and CMC drivers should have an American Iron patch on their suit as well, although there isn't anything in the AI or CMC rules requiring this. Having the patch shows your support of the series.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Adam Ginsberg's Avatar
    Update - the new NASA patch has just arrived @ NASA HQ in NorCal. We won't have them for this event, but should for June.

No word on new stickers, but we're working on that, too.

Senior Member Site AdminGrass-Passer cjlmlml's Avatar

patch

what does " were working on it " mean?

I would never tell one of my clients I was "working on it"

Come on Adam, you can do better
    AI # 12

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Ginsberg
    The new NASA patch isn't available yet, so the original patch will have to suffice for now. The NASA suit patch is available directly from the NASA folks at the track for $5 each.

The American Iron patch has been available for ~2 or so years. Todd and I have quite a few, and they are free to each AI, AIX, AIV and CMC racer. During the last event, I walked around our paddock area, asking folks if they needed one. Please see us at the track, and we'll get you a patch.

CMC patches aren't finished yet, but when they are, we'll make sure they're available to the CMC racers.

The CCR's does not mention requiring a patch. However, the logbook does mention it, as does the race car tech form we ALL have to fill out and sign.

Therefore, ALL drivers are required to have a NASA patch on their driving suit. All AI/X/V and CMC drivers should have an American Iron patch on their suit as well, although there isn't anything in the AI or CMC rules requiring this. Having the patch shows your support of the series.
    Let's get something straight Mr. Ginsberg:

I show my support for the series everytime I pay my $300 to participate, mmkay? You understand the paying customer concept? I sure do. Your inference that we should have a AI patch on our suit is laughable considering that I have asked for patches since 2003. Now you mean to tell me you've had them for ~2 years? Somehow I missed that announcement. :roll:

Rules say I must have a NASA logo on my racing suit. I would love to have an AI and/or CMC and/or Texas Regional patch as well. You can go back as recently as December, 2005 when I responded to Todd's request for agenda items for the annual meeting where I had patches as one of my suggested agenda items. Funny how you and Todd had AI patches during that time and didn't inform me. :?

Also, show me one AI podium photo where the top three finishers are wearing the AI patch here in the Texas region. I mean, after ~2 years I'm sure they were distributed, right? Guess I'm not the only one who didn't get the word that you were sitting on AI patches. Somehow I missed your latest offer at the event walkaround but that may have been on Sunday after I had left possibly.

So, the next time you get feedback regarding our podium photos take a long look at what you, one of our leaders, has done to possibly cause the situation to exist in the first place.

Having the patch shows your support of the series
    No kidding. What does having the patches and not distributing them show?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby donovan's Avatar
    I have an AI patch... :lol:

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar
    Me too ... Mike, you want mine?

I'm not gonna sew an AI patch on as support. A couple AI drivers wanted to kick me and my peers to the curb a short while ago.

:twisted: :P :shock: