Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty
    Jerry,
    Let's just call it square.
    Thanks.

-Marshall

Okay.

I bought an extra hub and wheel studs but have never had the hub machined. What size do the holes need to be for the APR studs?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Jerry,

ARP makes studs specifically for the SN95 hub. Baer, Maximum Motorsport, and others sell them. Press in - press out of a stock hub. I always try to go with stock - replaceable parts on anything "consumable". Hubs were out before studs.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe
    Jerry,

ARP makes studs specifically for the SN95 hub. Baer, Maximum Motorsport, and others sell them. Press in - press out of a stock hub. I always try to go with stock - replaceable parts on anything "consumable". Hubs were out before studs.
    Rebuild the hubs with a quality racing grease and they last for years! Some time with a screwdriver and a hammer is all that is needed. I did mine two years ago and they are perfect....just don't goof up the seal with the tools or use carb cleaner on them.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Rookie chris-CMC#35's Avatar
    Please forgive a stupid question... if you block off the EGR hole, does the computer get confused? Every time I try to work around that thing I get really frustrated, but I didn't realize you could simply block off the hole, and forget about the thing.

thanks
    chris

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-CMC#35
    Please forgive a stupid question... if you block off the EGR hole, does the computer get confused? Every time I try to work around that thing I get really frustrated, but I didn't realize you could simply block off the hole, and forget about the thing.

thanks
    chris

You need one Chris? I have one left and I can UPS it to you. If I understand it correctly removing it will throw a code but so what.

JJ

Senior Member Rookie chris-CMC#35's Avatar
    Jerry,

That would be great. I'll pm you my address, etc.

big thanks,
    chris

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt
    I bought an extra hub and wheel studs but have never had the hub machined. What size do the holes need to be for the APR studs?
    JJ
    Jerry,
    39/64

.609 hole for a .625 knurl.

I'll send the bit with Michael to MSR-H and you can use it. I just provide it with the hubs to my machinest each time I need them drilled. I understand the tolerances on a drill bit are greater than a reamer, but I haven't ever had any issues with the knurls wanting to give up on hubs that were drilled on a mill.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe
    The ARP studs to press into the stock hubs are between $6-8 each. The standard rear axle studs we use are only $12.95/5, ARP 100-7703. It's MUCH cheaper to buy the cheap studs and have the hubs drilled. I can have two hubs drilled for under $20. I do them 4 at a time.

Sometimes I get 4 for $20 if my guy is slow.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Junior Member Rookie
    If you make some more I will take one let me know how much.
    Scotty
    90 LX Mustang #73 CMC I hope