Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AI Engine Requirements

Senior Member Grass-Passer cobra132's Avatar

AI Engine Requirements

Question? (And this is not for me) If someone was building an AI car. Is it legal to put a chevy LS3 engine in an SN95 ford chassis. I the rules are not clear on this. FMR

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Yes.

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Yes, but be advised...this has been a point that comes up every year to be removed from the rules, and the discussion gets MORE heated each year. IMHO, the days of the Mustang SS in AI are numbered. It would suck to build it and have to go another route later.

Also, be advised, the modifications to the oil pan required to put it in the car put the life of the motor measured in MINUTES, not seasons. EVERY ONE that has been built has lasted no more than 1 or 2 events at best....even the dry sump motor at nationals that cut short our race and left a lot of parts on the track.

And tell Jorge that if he puts an LS3 into the 2000 R chassis, he will be burned at the stake! :evil:
    Ah, fugg it.

No he would never do that. He is talking to the guys at griggs and that was the reason for this post. Its an abomination to me, but thats what they seem to be suggesting. FMR

Quote Originally Posted by cobra132
    No he would never do that. He is talking to the guys at griggs and that was the reason for this post. Its an abomination to me, but thats what they seem to be suggesting. FMR
    Tell him to run away from GRIGGS ASAFP....they are crooks that can't build an engine for shit...and then want to charge $25k for it. John George had one of them that couldn't last an event. I think he sent it back to them and cancelled payment.

If Jorge is serious, tell him to look at Raymon's car for $11k. That is a BARGAIN!!!!

Hell, mine is a bargain at $26,000..... :wink:
    Ah, fugg it.

Thanks for the info, I will pass it along. FMR

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97
    Tell him to run away from GRIGGS ASAFP....they are crooks that can't build an engine for shit...and then want to charge $25k for it. John George had one of them that couldn't last an event. I think he sent it back to them and cancelled payment.

If Jorge is serious, tell him to look at Raymon's car for $11k. That is a BARGAIN!!!!

Hell, mine is a bargain at $26,000..... :wink:
    Wow, this is a case of third person, hearing stuff, but don't know the facts as usual. Griggs Racing and the people at Griggs are not crooks, my engine was a subject of a bad XFI/DFI unit.

They have been building engines for Hal Massey, Guy Cunningham and others for years....both cars winning a large amount of races.

We will not get into suspensions on this thread either.

On another note, and LS motor in a Mustang, set up correctly would be unbeatable in my eyes and if I were to do it again... that is the way I would go for AI.
    John G.
    www.chicane23store.com
    http://www.chicane23.com/chicane23/i...ane23_ban1.gif

Maximum Motorsports, Griggs Racing, G-Stream Wings, Brembo, Canton, Fuel Safe, Toyo Tires, Hoosier, Koni, StopTechPit Pal, etc.
    2004 & 2005 American Iron series Champion

John, just repeating YOUR misc. ramblings over the last 2 years....the rest I will leave unsaid.
    Ah, fugg it.

Jorge is a smart guy. He is currently looking at a 97 cobra with griggs set-up and his R motor and trans. That would be pretty cool. Probably AIX. FMR

Jorge is a smart guy. He is currently looking at a 97 cobra with griggs set-up and his R motor and trans. That would be pretty cool. Probably AIX. FMR
    That's risking a lot of parts that if the car were to burn or get totalled, he could NEVER replace and would lose the value on the R.

He has too many toys! I will trade him my Race car Straight up for the R Right now. I will even provide transport.
    Ah, fugg it.