Thread: Clutch

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

Clutch

Looking for best "no budget" clutch. Last year I bought an expensive Kevlar clutch set... it only lasted 2 sessions at Cresson... I was pissed at the wasted money so bought the cheapest stock clutch NAPA had available. It was pretty good last year (5 race weekends and 4 or 5 DE weekends including Misti's July 5th Burnoutpalooza ). It started slipping pretty bad this weekend, so I need to replace it, any suggestions?? Stay with the stock one??

Just a suggestion but I have one of the dual friction kevlar clutches in my car...been there since 2002... $269 complete.

buy a winch for putting the car on the trailer...saves a lot of headaches!
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I think I am using a RAM clutch, that is what the guy that sold me the trans. said. It was used and put in 4 years ago and has never had a problem.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    David.. Glenn might have a disk he can sell you.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby GlennCMC70's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    two things David. from the oil i see under your car, that is likely the reason your clutch is slipping.
    and i do have a pair of Ram dual friction dics i can sell you. let me know the diamiter and spline count.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennCMC70
    two things David. from the oil i see under your car, that is likely the reason your clutch is slipping.
    and i do have a pair of Ram dual friction dics i can sell you. let me know the diamiter and spline count.
    Had the same thought about oil, but it looks like it is rear intake manifold leak (you guys know me... Mr cheapskate used cork front and rear man. gasket). I will get with you on the clutch size...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty
    I think I am using a RAM clutch, that is what the guy that sold me the trans. said. It was used and put in 4 years ago and has never had a problem.
    had a Ram in first tranny before the motor blew... Shoulda went back with another one