Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't thank my AI/CMC family enough

Senior Member Carroll Shelby

I can't thank my AI/CMC family enough

I'm still in shock :shock: ... shed a tear or two in bed Saturday night... spent the whole trip home trying to process the weekend and I'm still at a loss for words... there is a lot of crap going on in my life. most of which I have kept to myself and I have all of our events marked on my calander as reminder that soon I will be back in the company a loving group of friends...

Special thanks to JB and wife Bev for their hospitality, taking Jason and I into their home, driving us back and forth and filling our bellies...

I want you to know that I take the sponsership VERY seriously... My car is YOUR car and I will display the AI/CMC Texas.com logo with the utmost pride... Since I am replacing the hood on my car I plan to replicate the back of the AI/CMC series shirt on the hood with the addition of all the new drivers that were not included last year... ALL of the funds presented to me will be used to maintain and improve my car and to promote this series... Next to the birth of my children and the love of God and my family you all have touched my heart in a way that mear words will never adequately express...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL!!!!

(so much for being at a loss for words)

Senior Member Carroll Shelby mitchntx's Avatar

Re: I can't thank my AI/CMC family enough

Quote Originally Posted by David Love AI27
    I'm still in shock :shock:
    I'm still at a loss for words
    I think you have summed up the very reason as to why there was such a huge out-pouring for you, David.

Every time you turn around, it's others you care for, and not necessarily yourself.

So, I am in shock ... at a loss for words ... for everything you do for me and I witness you do for others.

Thank YOU, brother.

Re: I can't thank my AI/CMC family enough

Quote Originally Posted by mitchntx
    I'm still in shock :shock:
    I'm still at a loss for words
    I think you have summed up the very reason as to why there was such a huge out-pouring for you, David.

Every time you turn around, it's others you care for, and not necessarily yourself.

So, I am in shock ... at a loss for words ... for everything you do for me and I witness you do for others.

Thank YOU, brother.
    Sponsorship update...

1st purchase $0.69 on Kleenex... you think I'm kidding?!?!?

$1,499.31 to go...

In our house we live by the motto WWJD

On Track it stands for: What Would Jeff Do?
    Off Track, well if you don't know ask me someday...

ANYWAY you guys go back to work or go find a job... I'm on my way to the sign shop for a quote on my new hood graphics... already have two remodeling projects lined up for the rest of the week...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    DL,

It's been great getting to know you, Jason and the rest of Love In It Racing; you guys are great.

I know you do what you do because it's all you know to do; and we all appreciate it.

Thank you.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Hood's Avatar
    I personally don't know of anyone that would loan their car out for a weekend of thrashing, but this man did that for me... and didn't even know me! I'm indebted to you, David, for helping me kick off my racing efforts. I was able to get my provisional waiver started in 3 days thanks to you (now I just need to learn to see yellow damnit).

We appreciate what you do for this sport!
    Gary Hood
    CMC #20
    OH WOW! Racing

Senior Member Grass-Passer oz98cobra's Avatar
    Congrats Dave and Jason!

Another example of just how much these guys put others before themselves - this year they are running in AI instead of AIX (where they could easily bag another championship) mainly to help keep the car count up which is only going to help other teams like ours make a few extra Toyo bucks!

Thanks guys!
    Daron
    AI75 DownUnder Racing

Dave and Mitch...you guys are both much more eloquent than I could be. Its no surprise GRM wants to do a story, this is what it all should be like.
    Al Fernandez

Well deserved sponsorship, LiiR!!!
    We saw more & more signs of your usual sportsmanship this weekend. Some of us do know of some of your struggles on the home front, and that is what puts the cherry on top of all that you do. Most of us would just as soon stay home when the goin' gets tough...but you manage to keep coming back and give 110%, while offering donuts to folks at the same time.

It was an honor for all of us to present that.
    (Need to get the photo to Al or me soonest...who has the group photo?)

-=- T

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Covini
    Well deserved sponsorship, LiiR!!!
    We saw more & more signs of your usual sportsmanship this weekend. Some of us do know of some of your struggles on the home front, and that is what puts the cherry on top of all that you do. Most of us would just as soon stay home when the goin' gets tough...but you manage to keep coming back and give 110%, while offering donuts to folks at the same time.

It was an honor for all of us to present that.
    (Need to get the photo to Al or me soonest...who has the group photo?)

-=- T
    you guys give me a reason to get up in the morning so in reality, way deep down, you give more to me than I could ever give back... a few years ago while seeking professional advice I was told to "change my playpen and my playmates" and boy did I strike gold...

Procter's mom has the photos and promised she would get them to him, I'll check with him after the dust settles and get an update...

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    David, I can't evan elaborate on how much you do for this group!! Some of my most fond memories of racing I have had at LeMons last year and this past weekend have ended with you handing me a Keystone Light in congratulations at the end of the weekend. This simple gesture is what makes you who you are, and I'll look forward to it for the rest of the year! :lol:
    Thanks again to LiiR!!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region